Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 19 May 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3539449)   #626
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to block a certain member's posts so that they don't show up as part of the discussion?
Old 19 May 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3539468)   #627
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Sorry but if that is the case why would anyone bother? go use the car else where instead of supporting a lost structure that a few tend to keep alive for there own benefit, why would anyone have to buy parts of them, tech hasn't done much and if your not going to be into promotion for self standing events.... gone let the rich boys play with each others egos.
Blackpearl, Maaaate, why you gotta keep being a hater and saying stuff that sense no make?

Lets assume that you own a Super Tourer. Then lets assume you take your Super tourer "else where" such as the 2Kcup because that is all you think it is worth. Lets assume that you forget to slow down when entering the pits at Hampton downs and you munt the splitter beyond belief and destroy a L/H hub.

How do you plan on repairing the damage?? Yes you can buy aftermarket wheels, and machine/fabricate your own new bottom arms, but wouldn't common sense be to stay teathered to the organisation to allow the sourcing of the more bespoke parts such as the splitter and hubs??? The companies that make those custom parts aren't going to quickly whip one up just to help-you-out.

I feel I wasting the skin on my finger tips here but Marks overview of the new company looks pretty honnest to me.

A.B.
Old 20 May 2015, 00:18 (Ref:3539500)   #628
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta agree with BSD's comments above blackpearl.

You seem to be a one-man band attempting to 'muddy the waters' with a new concept, that quite frankly, seems to have buy-in from both sides.

How Mark has the patience to constantly deal with your rubbish and negative comments are beyond me. But good on Mark for taking the time to do this. At least he (like a few others on here) don't hide behind user names, and are happy to share their knowledge and experience.

But to bag Owen takes things a step to far (and Mark Heimgartner for that matter). Do you know these people? if so what have they done badly for you? did one of them spill your coffee once? I just don't get it. The situation is quite simple, without the likes of Owen and 'Andres dad' there would be NOTHING to look forward to this year. There would be no ST's, there would be no NZV8's, so unless you just have it in for this type of racing, then may I suggest that you take your poorly worded posts elsewhere. Troll certainly springs to mind.....

A question for Mark if I may. You mention 12 car owners are essentially keen to be part of this co-op. Is that 12 ST owners, or 12 ST and/or TLX owners?

On a related note, I know (for a fact) that the people heading up this new venture are working very hard, and I see nothing but positive things come the SC round in November, and from there on.

Stu
Old 20 May 2015, 03:31 (Ref:3539523)   #629
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Gotta agree with BSD's comments above

There would be no ST's, there would be no NZV8's, so unless you just have it in for this type of racing, then may I suggest that you take your poorly worded posts elsewhere.
This is news, what makes you think the TLX's and TL's could not carry on again next year like they have this year?
Admittedly the TLX numbers are small, but they had a working series to race in, no one was complaining of biased decisions, no one was getting gouged for parts and the TL boys I speak to were happy being part of the show.
Old 20 May 2015, 03:58 (Ref:3539525)   #630
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi BB, fair question.
I was told this by a number of TL and a few TLX owners that if they carried on as it was, the series was likely to fold due to a number of things, in essence those being no major sponsor for the category, dwindling numbers, no true parity between the TLX's (despite what you might read), and lack of fans and sponsors alike.

The exact same thing (bar parity - to some extent) can be said for the ST series. So the people who I have spoken to all have the one common denominator. That is, neither series would have survived without the other. In other words, as it stands now, both series need each other to actually run a single category that is 'trying' to bring back the crowds/sponsors etc.

You may have heard different, and so be it. But that is what I am told by the people at the so-called top of this sport.

And of course, irrespective of all of this is the fact that the merger is going ahead anyway. That in itself speaks volumes about the status of both concepts. Add to that, the 'blessing' of MSNZ to govern the new series (whether that is a good thing or not is to be seen) confirms to me that both were shagged as of a few months ago, but now have a chance to 'come right' again and race as one series.

And that is why I posted what I did.

hope that clears your question up
Old 20 May 2015, 08:02 (Ref:3539562)   #631
Kiwi race fan
Rookie

Kiwi race fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post

Lets assume that you own a Super Tourer. Then lets assume you take your Super tourer "else where" such as the 2Kcup because .
because if 2K cup don't let you then you can just sue them for not accepting your entry
Old 20 May 2015, 09:29 (Ref:3539573)   #632
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
Blackpearl, Maaaate, why you gotta keep being a hater and saying stuff that sense no make?

Lets assume that you own a Super Tourer. Then lets assume you take your Super tourer "else where" such as the 2Kcup because that is all you think it is worth. Lets assume that you forget to slow down when entering the pits at Hampton downs and you munt the splitter beyond belief and destroy a L/H hub.

How do you plan on repairing the damage?? Yes you can buy aftermarket wheels, and machine/fabricate your own new bottom arms, but wouldn't common sense be to stay teathered to the organisation to allow the sourcing of the more bespoke parts such as the splitter and hubs??? The companies that make those custom parts aren't going to quickly whip one up just to help-you-out.

I feel I wasting the skin on my finger tips here but Marks overview of the new company looks pretty honnest to me.

A.B.
Oh your talking about at a race meeting? splitter is common source in nz by various people, hubs or uprights? Give a person a item and they will make it. its pretty easy to do it.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 05:41 (Ref:3545413)   #633
tailgater
Rookie

tailgater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi race fan View Post
because if 2K cup don't let you then you can just sue them for not accepting your entry
These guys obviously have grown tired of destroying series that they are involved in, too easy, now they have to try and destroy someone else series
Old 9 Jun 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3546399)   #634
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
seems to be the same for other series they enter.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3546430)   #635
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bit of a pattern forming there methinks

my way for the high way comes to mind
Old 15 Jun 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3550702)   #636
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the saying is supposed to be, "It's my way or the highway..."
Old 15 Jun 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3550894)   #637
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agree - auto correct and not checking before posting
Old 15 Jun 2015, 22:46 (Ref:3550949)   #638
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
My last computer either put three or four "l's" in a row or left them out altogether - luckily it has now died...
Old 16 Jun 2015, 04:14 (Ref:3551005)   #639
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear MSNZ want ST Etc to run at all the Toyota events, but they are not interested in that, don't blame them, and why should they plan a calendar around them anyway.
Six Meetings in Six weeks is crazy stuff
Old 16 Jun 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3551066)   #640
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of meetings during those events would be good though
Old 19 Jun 2015, 01:53 (Ref:3552048)   #641
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
And that's the way it's always been. Seems to have worked in the past.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3553175)   #642
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSNZ just announce the 2015-16 calender
http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/motorsp...alander-in-nz/