Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Aug 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1057354)   #1
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eau Rouge

Just a quick one here guys and girls...

I'm off to the belgian GP in a few weeks and as sad as it may seem I'm looking for a large picture of Eau Rouge so set as my wallpaper (or even a screensaver) to get me in the mood for the mother or all corners.

I've searched image.google.com but they're all too small.

Can anyone send me a link to any they might have...?

Alan
Old 6 Aug 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1057946)   #2
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the f1 sites should have good pics.I've seen some excellent large ones in the past but don't have them myself anymore.I'll have abit of a look
Old 6 Aug 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1057964)   #3
RWC
Veteran

This is the best i could find so far
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...reverse_order=

If you do have trouble finding a good one,places like sutton images will definitely have something.Wether they'll give you a good screensaver sized pic is debatable though-even their small images on itv.f1 have been compressed so much as to be near pointless
Old 6 Aug 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1057971)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've got a pretty good one . . .no cars on it, but a good shot . . .pm me your email address if you want a copy
Old 6 Aug 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1057977)   #5
RWC
Veteran

Man forget sutton!!
stupid website utterly refuses to load even once i've followed their cookie handling instructions to the letter!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1058154)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're not hung up on modern boring shots, how about this one?

eau rouge

Not really big enough for wallpaper, but a lovely pic, nevertheless.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1058163)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had the "crazy Mexican ******* tried to kill me" 917 photo as a desktop before.

Also I have some decent shots from May of Eau Rouge. From the top looking down and the bottom looking up. I realise I haven't posted them on my site. I'll do that later...

F1 cars through Eau Rouge, it's scarily easy for them! And mightily impressive.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1058169)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

F1 cars through Eau Rouge, it's scarily easy for them! And mightily impressive.

Frankly, much tooeasy these days. In days of yore they needed gonads the size of footballs to do that.......
Old 6 Aug 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1058237)   #9
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, that picture is beautiful!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1058244)   #10
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
If you're not hung up on modern boring shots, how about this one?

eau rouge

Not really big enough for wallpaper, but a lovely pic, nevertheless.
Magnificent...thanks
Old 6 Aug 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1058284)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Frankly, much tooeasy these days. In days of yore they needed gonads the size of footballs to do that.......
I agree. Too impressive?
Old 6 Aug 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1058475)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too impressive? Not in terms of driving skill. But perhaps the engineers from the car and tire side are too impressive. Either way, it's still a magnificent piece of track. Of course the whole circuit is magnificent.

Can't wait for September 12th!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1058479)   #13
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks Aysedasi, it's now my wallpaper at least for a while. Great pic!!
Old 7 Aug 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1059402)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Too impressive? Not in terms of driving skill. But perhaps the engineers from the car and tire side are too impressive. Either way, it's still a magnificent piece of track. Of course the whole circuit is magnificent.
Cars, tyres, etc... in F1 has made Eau Rouge too easy, because they are too impressive is what I meant. It is a great corner to drive though (even in F1 I guess), but I'm more of a Blanchimont. It is like discussing the best fine wines though.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 18:59 (Ref:1059512)   #15
paulSenna
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
paulSenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, now I know why the current F1 is an anaemic shadow of its former self. Awesome photo.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1059551)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not F1 but look at this. A Lotus Cortina chases an Austin Healey in 2000.

http://www.csccgb.co.uk/video/ron%20...spa%202000.wmv

You can see what Adam means about Blanchiment but Eau Rouge is a stand out corner.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1059739)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great video, mind that gearbox sound dodgy.

Eau Rouge is now too easy because theree's no penalty for lack of precision. Watching ETCC/FRenault last week, many of the cars were getting 2 or 3 feet the wrong side of the kerbs, but so what? It's tarmac so there's no loss of grip or time. If you'd have done that a couple of years ago you'd have been hard into a wall. Anyone can go through there quickly now, you used to have to be good to be quick.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 03:42 (Ref:1059805)   #18
dubby99
Racer

dubby99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's sad to see one of the greatest corners in the world ruined, afterall it used to be a corner that seperated the men from the boys.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 04:38 (Ref:1059831)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could get away with overcooking it if you kept your foot mashed to the floor but you are right. It's not the challenge it was, at least not for an F1 car. Its still awesome from the seat of my Capri. But I'm with Adam here. Blanchiment takes so much more effort and willpower.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 07:39 (Ref:1059868)   #20
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for Blanchiment... I drove Eau when it had gravel trap either side and it was certainly a lot more "exciting" than with tarmac run-off. God knows what it was like with barriers and no run-off!

Again, not F1 but http://www.imagevaults.co.uk/images/...y/start011.jpg
Old 8 Aug 2004, 08:00 (Ref:1059881)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That is a very big picture!

PS. This might go better in Trackside or the Racer's Forum.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1059953)   #22
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a couple of pictures of Eau Rouges taken at the recent Euro F3000 race which i can email to you if you let me have your address. However you must become an Alex Lloyd follower.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1060067)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Here are a couple from the top (still not sorted my website out ), but here they are:
Big and wide
with cars

Peter, Trackside? I think so too, moved

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Aug 2004 at 12:08.
Old 8 Aug 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1060078)   #24
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
It is a great corner to drive though (even in F1 I guess), but I'm more of a Blanchimont. It is like discussing the best fine wines though.
Although I have no first hand knowledge of the track (other than video games), Blanchimont does seem to have a certain 'pucker' factor. Not unlike Suzuka's 130R.
Great corners! Something these modern circuits seem to lack.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 8 Aug 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1060137)   #25
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again not a F1 pic.

Eau Rouge

It is still a challenge at Eau Rouge, despite the new Tarmac run-off especially if someone tries to follow the corner after getting the entry wrong, I've seen cars in the tyre wall for that reason.

Blanchimont is impressive and probably as exciting, but I do prefer Eau Rouge. Shame they have spoiled the corner after Blanchimont, but that's another thread.

The 1st of Adams pictures really doesn't do the corner justice as it makes it look quite flat, as a lot of pictures do.

Colin McRae 1968-2007