Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 14 Nov 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3940637)   #4601
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Ouch, classic case of "this other driver has more money than you, therefore...au revoir".

https://racer.com/2019/11/14/pigot-out-at-ecr/

Really though, that is tough for Pigot, but I'll be looking forward to see what kind of performance VeeKay brings to the table.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3940664)   #4602
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Complete turnover at ECR this off season. Jones released earlier and now Spencer Pigot has been given his release as well. Sounds like Rinus VeeKay is leading the way to replace him.

Old 15 Nov 2019, 00:31 (Ref:3940669)   #4603
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Complete turnover at ECR this off season. Jones released earlier and now Spencer Pigot has been given his release as well. Sounds like Rinus VeeKay is leading the way to replace him.

The Silly Season finally kicks off.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3940762)   #4604
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad to hear that Hülkenberg rumours to Carpenter are not true.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3940790)   #4605
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
According to Autosport: 'Hulkenberg declined to discuss the ECR speculation when quizzed about it in the Brazilian Grand Prix paddock on Thursday, beyond saying that he would "keep it limited to the road courses" if he ever moved to IndyCar because he was "not a big fan" of oval racing and "it just seems not my thing".'

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147154
Old 15 Nov 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3940827)   #4606
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to Autosport: 'Hulkenberg declined to discuss the ECR speculation when quizzed about it in the Brazilian Grand Prix paddock on Thursday, beyond saying that he would "keep it limited to the road courses" if he ever moved to IndyCar because he was "not a big fan" of oval racing and "it just seems not my thing".'

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147154
I think best case for him would have been as Ed road course ringer. I doubt he brings near as much money as VeeKay to the team.
Old 15 Nov 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3940849)   #4607
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s a bigger shame that he won’t be in F1 next season. Indycars are the next best thing for a man of his calibre, so it would be a shame if he doesn’t go there
Old 20 Nov 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3941748)   #4608
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hulkenberg won't be joining ECR.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147258
Old 20 Nov 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3941757)   #4609
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ah well, there’s always DTM, if he doesn’t replace Vettel
Old 20 Nov 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3941774)   #4610
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Rinus VeeKay gets the ECR drive.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147265
Old 21 Nov 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3941934)   #4611
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://racer.com/2019/11/20/andrett...am-franchises/

Quote:
Michael Andretti desires a return to the franchise system that gave CART owners an established commodity that could be bought, sold, and hopefully, rise in value.

“Now, any Joe Blow can buy a car and a truck and show up at the racetrack, and it’s too easy, if that makes sense. There’s got to be a way to [make] the franchises, the 22 or 24 franchises, worth something.”

Hey, how about encouraging new entries, instead of adding barriers?
Old 21 Nov 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3941937)   #4612
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
https://racer.com/2019/11/20/andrett...am-franchises/

Hey, how about encouraging new entries, instead of adding barriers?
I found his claims of any Joe Blow to be massively overstated. Have we had ANY random dude show up and have an engine to race in the last 2 decades? Even IRL days the "random" teams were always someone associated with racing, you aren't getting the Whittingtons with briefcases of cash any more. Sorry Andretti but you're losing supporters spouting nonsense like that. Your entry is NOT worth anything at all, nor should it be.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3942199)   #4613
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bourdais dropped by Coyne. Could this open the door for Hinchcliffe?

https://racer.com/2019/11/22/bourdais-out-at-coyne/
Old 22 Nov 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3942202)   #4614
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Damn, I'm going to miss that sealmaster livery, one of my favorites over the last 2 years. Unless Bourdais can miraculously bring sealmaster with him in the event he finds another Indycar seat.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3942221)   #4615
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bourdais dropped by Coyne. Could this open the door for Hinchcliffe?

https://racer.com/2019/11/22/bourdais-out-at-coyne/

Maybe, but I thought the story was that Hinch was about 50% short of full season budget, even with his existing Honda sponsorship?

Shame about Bourdais. I like him a lot. Hope he can find a ride, but there's not much available I think.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3942222)   #4616
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Damn, I'm going to miss that sealmaster livery, one of my favorites over the last 2 years.

Me too. Race cars with teeth = best race cars.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3942307)   #4617
S griffin
Veteran

I hope Bourdais gets a seat somewhere, even if it is not in Indycars
Old 23 Nov 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3942323)   #4618
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope Bourdais gets a seat somewhere, even if it is not in Indycars
He has, he's in the JDC-MILLER Motorsports Cadillac DPi with Joao Barbosa in IMSA. Barbosa brought the Mustang Sampling money to another team and Bourdais is full-time driver there for 2020.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3942328)   #4619
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
He has, he's in the JDC-MILLER Motorsports Cadillac DPi with Joao Barbosa in IMSA. Barbosa brought the Mustang Sampling money to another team and Bourdais is full-time driver there for 2020.

Announced the very same day, which is I guess consistent with Dale Coyne's statement that Bourdais had already been exploring other options.

I'll miss him in IndyCar but I hope he enjoys IMSA (again). He's been a heck of a sports car shoe in the past.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3942354)   #4620
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Man, I like both pigot and bourdais, and both way more than hinchcliffe. Sucks both will be gone. Just found a new favorite in imsa, though, even though barbosa isn't really one I'm a fan of. No reason for me to pull for ecr team anymore, as I have no knowledge of veekay, don't care about second part time car, and they dumped pigot, which I think is at least a year too early to give up on.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3944591)   #4621
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hinchcliffe, Palou and Camara on Coyne's shortlist.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147462
Old 3 Dec 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3944630)   #4622
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Hinchcliffe, Palou and Camara on Coyne's shortlist.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/147462
I wonder what the criteria for selection will be, budget? With Hinch you get loads of experience, but the series has seen an influx of very talented young drivers over the past few years.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3944649)   #4623
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wonder what the criteria for selection will be, budget? With Hinch you get loads of experience, but the series has seen an influx of very talented young drivers over the past few years.
It's Coyne so budget is probably the top 3 on the list. Camara probably leads the list, he has money and likely zero chance of moving to F1. It sounds like he has Indy money but not F1 money and 3 years without a title is not a great showing.
Hinch has some but apparently not even half of what the big teams needed. I could see him buying in to a Coyne seat for Indy though. Honda would be a big part of this seat no matter the number of races.
I know nothing about Palou other than he wasn't storming the field in his single F2 season but seems to be running well in Super Formula.

I would guess barring anything crazy it's Camara's seat to turn down. I don't know if SealMaster left with Bourdais or Coyne still has that sponsor in his pocket. If he does that helps Hinch, if not.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3944964)   #4624
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Camara showed strongly in his first season (the last of GP2, the proper cars ) but flopped last year in the new F2 against an admittedly very strong top end of the field. He has done better this year but still way below where people expected him to be.

Change of scene will do him good. I mean, look at Ferruci!!!

Palou has seemed very very good at times but has ducked in and out of series until this year. He was a contender for Nippon until the end I think?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3945772)   #4625
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Conor Daly gets road and street course drive with ECR.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/12...ECR-Conor-Daly