Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Sep 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3308623)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans Classic

So it's 6 K Euro a car.

That's a lot of dosh!

Have to mid November to make a decision.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 07:31 (Ref:3308624)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's the date for this John? I'll put it on the calendar.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3308625)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
4/6 July 2014

Same classes as normal plus I understand a Groupe C race
Old 24 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3308626)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
So it's 6 K Euro a car.....
The irony being that from a spectator's point of view it's a relatively 'cheap' event in terms of ticket prices etc. Dates already in my diary!
Old 24 Sep 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3308627)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
4/6 July 2014

Same classes as normal plus I understand a Groupe C race
Cheers.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3308620)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Le Mans Classic

Same classes as normal plus possibly a Group C race.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3308628)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By way of comparison, what were the entry fees for previous years?

I do agree with Gary - it's a very economical event to visit as a mere punter. So much so, in fact, that I've got a party of about a dozen from Tyneside coming down next year, many of them attending their first historic race, because it's a cheap French holiday in the unlikely event the racing doesn't captivate them.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3308656)   #8
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMC 2014

6000 euros is a bit salty for me. Much as I have loved doing the event on the last four occasions I'm going to pass this time and do lower key races on the Continent instead.

6000 euros buys a lot of racing elsewhere.

Mark
Old 28 Dec 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3348286)   #9
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Classic Le Mans 2014

The first decisions have been made.
Confirmations are beeing sent out.

I am in with:

1925 Lorraine Dietrich
1954 Kieft Climax

Rudolf
Old 28 Dec 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3348341)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Our gang have usual Talbot's in Grid 1 and Elva GT in Grid 4.

Waiting on Porsche 356 in Grid 2 and Elite in Grid 3.

Unless we get those see very little point in taking all the Talbots!
Old 28 Dec 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3348353)   #11
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
….Unless we get those see very little point in taking all the Talbots!
Hope you do John - seeing those Talbots is one of the highlights for me. Ref the Elva is it the same one as in 2012 below?
Attached Thumbnails
LMC 2012_0130 PPE.jpg  
Old 28 Dec 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3348366)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I've had LMC on the wish list for few years, and was hoping this year would be the one where I make it there! Have friends entering Little Big Mans again, and sure would know a few more people participating in the various grids.

BUT, although not made it onto the HRT calendar, on the same weekend is Brno Grand Prix Revival, which will hold rounds of the FJ Lurani trophy, HGPCA and Masters various championships. Probably the worst clash of the year for me.

So maybe or maybe not......
Old 28 Dec 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3348402)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Same Micheal Birch owned Elva with Gareth Burnett and his mate Richard Evans driving.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3348639)   #14
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the first cut lists on the internet

Hi all
Have entered my Bentley in plateau 1 and Aston db2/4 in plateau 2. Both raced last time but am away from home so are the accepted entry lists on the web yet?
Nigel B
Old 29 Dec 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3348657)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnigel View Post
Hi all
Have entered my Bentley in plateau 1 and Aston db2/4 in plateau 2. Both raced last time but am away from home so are the accepted entry lists on the web yet?
Nigel B
Not in any public domain I have seen.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3348706)   #16
Michael Birch
Rookie

Michael Birch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnigel View Post
Hi all
Nigel B
Nigel,

Sorry to say neither car is on the list I have with the ELVA entry. Understand next selection will occur before Retromobile.

I can e-mail you a copy tomorrow.

Michael.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3348753)   #17
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
entry list is on line here:

http://test.peter.fr/files/LMC2014_ListeEngagés_N°1.pdf
Old 30 Dec 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3348810)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Rudolf. I was looking in wrong place...

Last edited by Mike Bell; 30 Dec 2013 at 06:58. Reason: Typo
Old 30 Dec 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3348818)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It is the best of all the Historic Events but I am finding the choice of some of the grids unusual.

The second batch may provide balance.A Nash in G1 and leaving some well known cars out ,Beats me!
Old 30 Dec 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3348833)   #20
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
looking at the entry list.....

is that THE AGA Khan racing in Grids 1 and 2 ?
Has he actively raced cars before ??

On the other hand:
Barth/Khausen in a Porsche 907, very coooool

the fake pre war HRG 1500 is back in again

interesting fact:
almost twice as many spaces allocated in Grid 1as opposed to Grid 6.
in fact, the younger the grid the less spaces allocated
whats the reason for this ?

Rudolf
Old 30 Dec 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3348865)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Out of interest why do they continue to have Lotus Elan's and pre 65 spec Porsche 911/901's racing at Classic Le Mans - they never ran in period!

I presume D Types and C Types will be in the next cut?
Old 30 Dec 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3348886)   #22
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about the Porsche, Simon but I thought the Elan did race in period. Wasn't the Shapecraft Elan developed for the 24 Hour race?
Old 30 Dec 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3348896)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I stand corrected - it seems a French owned Elan (not shapecraft) did run as a privateer in 1964. It ran for 3 hours before a water leak took it out. Thereafter it seems the closest they got were as reserves.

First time 911's entered was in 66 with the 911S which of course is different engine spec to the pre 66 cars everyone races in Guards etc...
Old 30 Dec 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3348948)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It's Aga Khan Junior and he has raced.Should have no problem beating the two he is driving with.One very careful and other careful and noisy driver!

Seems the first bunch of entries are for the regular Peter Auto lot and certain high flying cars and entrants.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3349050)   #25
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to admit to being somewhat confused by the way the entries are selected: last year at this stage both cars I entered were selected, and my team finished second in the index rankings, after being first in 2010. Entered my Aston in the tour auto last year and came 4th in the index and also ran my Kieft in the Peter Auto organised historic Grand Prix in Pau, yet this year neither car has been accepted so far......
Nigel B