Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:44 (Ref:3892568)   #226
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Anyone know when the full race replay is likely to be up on YouTube? Missed the race as I was at Albert Park for F1. The ten minute highlights are nice but would like to kick back and watch the whole race even if it takes me a week.
The race is up on youtube now in two parts.

It's great being there, I think I've been to the 12 Hour 15 times now but it really is hard to follow when you can only see one turn at any given time.

It was easier this year since they added a few big screens around the track, and you sure couldn't pull up live timing and scoring when I first started going, but I always have to watch the race replay to see how everything really played out.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3892575)   #227
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s good they have done that

Seems everyone loves Sebring, it is still a great. Shame the track is so big you can only see one part of the track at the time. But more screens and scoreboards help. Still hard to follow at times
Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:55 (Ref:3892578)   #228
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also needs ... proper radio - I was using FM and coverage lost if facing the wrong way and / or proper PA round the track ...

Or do they assume everyone can use data packages on phones to stream commentary ?

Still loved it through !
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:19 (Ref:3892595)   #229
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well at least it is there, although it does need improving by the sounds of it. The sportscar radio people usually do a good job. What adds to the great experience there
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3892607)   #230
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
The race is up on youtube now in two parts.

It's great being there, I think I've been to the 12 Hour 15 times now but it really is hard to follow when you can only see one turn at any given time.

It was easier this year since they added a few big screens around the track, and you sure couldn't pull up live timing and scoring when I first started going, but I always have to watch the race replay to see how everything really played out.

Thanks. I’ll have to make the trip over some day. Be cool to do the double with Daytona.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 03:17 (Ref:3892637)   #231
S griffin
Veteran

Make it over while you still can. No knowing what the future will hold
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3892720)   #232
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was year 25 for me at Sebring. Despite some of the complaints, I thought the track did an excellent job. New screens at Turn 3 and 5 were really popular. The new drive over bridge cleaned up traffic and added a new sightline with a video screen. I also thought the paddock set up with the WEC was really well done. The weekend was busy but it never felt overcrowded or had any issue finding food/drink around the track. All in all, proud of the effort put forth by the track. Light years ahead of where they were 15 years ago.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3892759)   #233
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Curious: it looked like the wec paddock wasn't open to fans during their race like imsa's is. Is that true, or am I wrong?
Old 22 Mar 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3892814)   #234
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Gallery from wet to dry day ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaQAg6g

... and night

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmC7BzmE
Really nice sets of photos. Thanks for sharing.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 00:12 (Ref:3892853)   #235
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Gallery from wet to dry day ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaQAg6g

... and night

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmC7BzmE
Your photos are excellent. Thank you.

Also there seems to be a lack of fencing? Is that the case?
Old 23 Mar 2019, 04:05 (Ref:3892879)   #236
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Curious: it looked like the wec paddock wasn't open to fans during their race like imsa's is. Is that true, or am I wrong?
It was open Wednesday through Friday when all the teams were set up there. Oddly enough they wouldn't let me walk through on Saturday from turn 16 to the IMSA paddock during the 12 Hour, the only time I've ever been asked for credentials to enter a paddock at Sebring. But it turned out to be open at the other end though, I guess you only needed credentials to head West through the paddock but not east.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3892887)   #237
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Seen at Sebring - a random selection of things seen away from the track ...
Love your pics, dwh! Thanks for sharing.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3892993)   #238
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More photos from Sebring - this time from the long suffering and wonderful Mrs H -

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmBT6zar
Old 23 Mar 2019, 22:41 (Ref:3892997)   #239
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
More photos from Sebring - this time from the long suffering and wonderful Mrs H -

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmBT6zar
i particularly like the front 3/4 of the Acura shot.

EDIT: and the P3 going off-road with one wheel lifted.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3893255)   #240
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Between the two endurance races we got this year one thing is clear. Action Express and Wayne Taylor Racing are juggernauts in this category with these Cadillac cars. True world class operations we have on our hands. Too bad they don't ever step out of their comfort zone in IMSA though.

Grasser shows the GTD field how GT3 racing is done once again. These guys are incredible. Land has not figured out the new Audi yet, but they still get the most of out of from what they can too. I don't like the new Audi R8 evo all, its kind of ugly. Can't see how much of an improvement it is so far. The Audi evo did not show much at VLN1 either. I think the GTD season title will be fought between the 33 Mercedes, 86 Acura, and 12 Lexus.

Still amazed Porsche won GTLM, came from nowhere. I thought Ford would dominated but we have seen this at Sebring before, the car just does not work as well at night here. This is why Ford has never won at Sebring or Petit Le Mans. I am picking Ford for Le Mans this year.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3893937)   #241
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Even though the DPI cars were 3 seconds off the pace of the P1 privateers in qualifying which is a single lap (or average of a single lap with 2 drivers). Theoretically I think the pace between the two categories would be closer of a long period of running. With the reliability woes of P1 privateer I think a DPI would have finished 3rd overall at Sebring and finishing with more than 242 laps which the SMP Dallara ended running after 8 hours.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 00:44 (Ref:3894013)   #242
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Lol, nah. P1 cars averaged about a lap additional over an hour. Even with reliability stops. Even if you take the absolute best 7 hours stretch for each class (essentially ignoring the wet yellow flags, and giving dpi the benefit of choosing their best 7 hour run), P1 still came out ahead.

Theoretically, a P1 could create a gap, and maintain it to increase reliability. Not even close. Literally drive around them on the straights and corners. Dpi is a P2 car, and was a smidgen faster than WEC p2 over the long haul due to increased power granted by imsa. To help you understand it's a p2 car, both wec p2 and dpi had 4 race hours of running 31 laps. Dpi had 2 hours of 32, compared to p2 having a single hour of 32 laps. P1 had four hours of at least 32 laps. One of those hours was 34 laps.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3894035)   #243
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
BR1 was only 3 laps up on the P2 winner so it would be passably close, but I'm not sure what that says. A P2 could quite likely finish on the overall podium at any given race without DPi even entering into the equation to start with.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 14:10 (Ref:3894101)   #244
MaskedRacer
Veteran

#11 SMP Dallara completed 242 laps. LMP2 winner #37 completed 239 laps. Do I think the #31 Cadillac could have done 243 laps in the race theoretically? The answer is Yes. Cause the #31 lapped at 1 min 47/1 min 48 quite consistantly during the 12 hours.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3894129)   #245
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
You may feel #31 lapped at that speed, but looking at data (not perusing the time card and seeing what stands out, but breaking it down in total and analyzing), it was closer to 1:50.3 quite consistently during the second 10 hours of the race, ignoring in laps, out laps, yellows, and rain.

Whereas the #11, ignoring the same criteria, was closer to 1:48.5 quite consistently.

Not saying one is better than the other, but objectively, one was faster throughout their respective races. (It's not the p2 based car).
Old 29 Mar 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3894176)   #246
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Both of you are quoting mysterious numbers and singular numbers as averages. Is there any work behind this or just scanning and hoping X is faster than Y. 5 lap averages vs. fastest laps and totals covered in similar conditions would be more indicative of actual separation after race time than guesses.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 30 Mar 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3894195)   #247
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Financial analyst by trade. I can give you spreadsheets if you want.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 01:16 (Ref:3894198)   #248
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps also show the source of your data and also some charts that demonstrate your work. A link to the spreadsheets would also help. Boom, love it
Old 30 Mar 2019, 01:43 (Ref:3894203)   #249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Perhaps also show the source of your data and also some charts that demonstrate your work. A link to the spreadsheets would also help. Boom, love it
Exactly that, show your work if you want to make claims. I don't trust anyone and especially those who make claims without providing the evidence. Frankly I couldn't care less who was faster, the WEC race was duller than watching paint dry and I fell asleep. The 12 hour wasn't much better for a large portion of it. Neither was a great show of what could be, other than the atmosphere. And well history has shown the race didn't really matter much to that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 30 Mar 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3894261)   #250
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a feeling (it's nothing more than that) that DPi would not beat LMP1-P.

But that's also good evidence that speed does not make something a better class. DPi produces more cars, better racing etc. Speed does not define how good a class is.