Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Aug 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1076276)   #1
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
European-Spec Cars Gain 25kgs For Snetterton

Sorry it's the whole article mods but I thought this one is quite short!
http://content-you-control.co.uk/am0...icle_492.shtml
( that's http://www.tocatour.co.uk/ )

BTCC Series Director Alan Gow has announced an increase of 25kgs to the base weights of European Touring Car-spec cars competing in the Green Flag-backed championship.

The change will take effect from opening free practice for the championship’s penultimate three rounds at Snetterton on 4-5 September.

This will affect front and rear-wheel-drive cars with H-pattern gearboxes and front-wheel-drive cars with sequential gearboxes.

Current ETCC-spec cars competing in the BTCC are SEAT Sport UK’s Toledos, driven by Jason Plato and Robert Huff, and GA Motorsports’ Alfa Romeo 156 GTA, driven by Stefan Hodgetts. All three are front-wheel-drive with sequential gearboxes.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 16:05 (Ref:1076277)   #2
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this could be a little bit of unoffical protesting against SEAT at Brands Hatch and their speed? Shame for the Alfa though really as it seems to of been caught up in this one. I think now if it makes a difference that we will see a bigger battle from VX,MG, Neal and maybe not so much Plato for the top 6 slots. Maybe Reid can, even after last weekend, get the crown with a bit of luck as VX do seem to have lost their bottle slightly.

Last edited by Phoenix1; 24 Aug 2004 at 16:09.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1076290)   #3
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its simply the fact that Plato's very heavy Seat was able to pull away quite cleanly from the field, something even the Vauxhall's couldn't do in their hayday.

Contrast how Turkington's BTC spec car was affected by the weight.

I have sympathy for the GA Alfa, but its clear that the ETCC spec Seats had an unfair advantage. Its silly really how much the weight has been dropped aand added through the season, I think the 50kgs at the start of the season was about right.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1076339)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Means Huffy & Plato will be pretty darn heavy for race one...even 10th place might be beyond their grasp.

If they don't get P10 in race one, that's their race two & three pretty much over aswell.