Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Jan 2001, 10:22 (Ref:59594)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to stay one step ahead of Lorna and as the race only just sneaks into March...

Anyone else going to the GP?
Old 21 Jan 2001, 10:35 (Ref:59600)   #2
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*holds hand up*

I will be there! Wouldnt miss it for the world
Old 21 Jan 2001, 12:24 (Ref:59613)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry guys, count me out. I have done a lot of travelling in the last few years to spectate at many various events, now I have decided to only spectate at local meetings. Now, when I travel to a meeting, it will be to compete.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 11:14 (Ref:59764)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to not see you there David.

Looks like I'm going the other way around as I seem to be going to even more events. And it is difficult to decide as ALMS and Sandown V8s are the same weekend and the decision isn't as obvious as you'd think due to business commitments for the V8s.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 13:22 (Ref:59794)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a good point, elephino. Posts with info about trackside dates will appear before the start of the new month.

So.... anyone want to pay for my flight, I'll come Failing that, I'll have to settle for somebodies settee, Red Bull in hand (it is at an unspeakable hour for us Brits). I'll promise to look out for you lot in the crowds though
Old 22 Jan 2001, 14:14 (Ref:59803)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I havent been since 96 ..so I might take the trip down the Hume to Melbourne for the GP..I will probably just go for General admission ..but yes at this stage I will be there
Old 24 Jan 2001, 11:45 (Ref:60057)   #7
elephino
Veteran

marcus, I'll wave as I drive past on the Tuesday before the GP and then see you at the track.
Old 24 Jan 2001, 14:05 (Ref:60080)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hehehe..you dont know how accurate that may be Elephino as my house is just off the Hume highway leading into Albury..so if you do wave i may just see you
Old 24 Jan 2001, 14:06 (Ref:60081)   #9
Sal
Rookie

Sal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, this is the first one i'll miss in five years.

Now I just have to convince this photographer I know, to take all the right pictures while he's there
**smiling nicely at elephino at this point**

Have a great time

Sal
Old 25 Jan 2001, 01:13 (Ref:60223)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi ho there Sal, happy to see you could find your way in here!

As for me... meh, money doesn't grow and tree you know... but then again, Melbourne is just a few more miles down the road from Queensland Raceway....
Old 25 Jan 2001, 12:15 (Ref:60267)   #11
elephino
Veteran

You don't know how long it took to convince her
Old 26 Jan 2001, 12:06 (Ref:60398)   #12
Sal
Rookie

Sal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Convincing me wasn't a problem at all... finding my damned login and password has been the problem for the past few months

But thanks for the welcome guys
Old 27 Jan 2001, 10:17 (Ref:60579)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Sal, welcome from me too. Any friend of Elephino is more or less OK with us, sort of.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 01:19 (Ref:63311)   #14
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*claps hands together loudly*

OK - The Aus F1GP is almost upon us....how about those of us that are lucky enough to be going, get together for a drink or two??? Our UK counterparts seem to make a good go of it, so why dont we try??

Might I suggest we organise something whilst the "Corporate Karts" are on...its about the only thing I have absolutely no interest in watching.

yes?/no?/otherwise?
Old 8 Feb 2001, 11:30 (Ref:63378)   #15
elephino
Veteran

Sounds good. Not a lot happens on the Thursday for those that are there. Otherwise on Saturday either early (after F1 practice) or late (after V8s, work to be done for me).
Old 19 Feb 2001, 11:30 (Ref:65513)   #16
elephino
Veteran

I now have (finally) a GP program...took until about midday for any Sydney newsagent to get one.

reasonable sized gaps in events:
Thu: 1:15pm-2:35pm
Fri: until 11:00am (F1 practice)
Sat: 11:00am - 1pm (F1 qualifying, duh)
Sun: Don't bother, way too many people really...that and there aren't any large gaps except when close to GP start and then people will want to keep their spots.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 00:32 (Ref:65814)   #17
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Elephino,

Looks like we are the only two really interested in doing this! Its almost unbelievable....

Anyway - any of the above times are good for me, so let us know which one suits you best, and hopefully Kieron and I will meet up with you!
Old 21 Feb 2001, 11:08 (Ref:65867)   #18
elephino
Veteran

You pick. I'm not bothered which time it is.

And now to find some spare time now...aargh.