Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 19 Jul 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2504471)   #26
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very much in the wrong place at the wrong time, such a freak accident, if only the wheel had hit the car rather than Henry. Dreadful loss and so sad for his family.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2504476)   #27
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A TRAGIC ACCIDENT TODAY

Its with great sadness tonight, that I heard about the death of Henry Surtees.
He died in a tragic accident at Brands Hatch during the F2 race.
He was struck on the head by a wheel from another car which had spun into the wall exiting Westfield bend during the second of this weekends races.
He was knocked unconscious by the impact, and his car collided with the barriers at the following Sheen curve.

A sad loss indeed to the world we so much love, support and enjoy.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2504481)   #28
Bradley Sargeant
Rookie

Bradley Sargeant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incredibly sad, used to see Henry around the paddock at Buckmore park club meetings and was willing him on along with the other brits in F2 at Brands this weekend. Great drive yesterday. Dreadful loss. Thoughts are with the family
Old 19 Jul 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2504484)   #29
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Henry.

Being part of the motorsport community, I feel totally shocked and appalled that a wheel has broken its tether so easily, to such grave consequences.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2504490)   #30
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sad reminder of the dangers of motorsport. Its a shame we lost Henry because the podium he took yesterday was for sure not going to be his last. May he rest in peace.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2504502)   #31
warweezil
Racer

England
Half way up on the left - far from Home
warweezil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A tragedy that has robbed a family of their much loved son. My thoughts are with his family - his father was one of my early motorsport heroes. Words fail me.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2504511)   #32
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A tragic, freak accident. Impossible to believe.
Deepest sympathy to his great family and his friends.
Rest in peace Henry.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2504515)   #33
matt4
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
matt4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest in peace Henry. So, tragic
Old 20 Jul 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2504520)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Really tragic news.R.I.P. Henry Surtees.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2504560)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Terrible news to wake up to. My deepest sympathies go to Big John and his family.

Such a great shame to lose someone so young.

RIP Henry.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 04:36 (Ref:2504584)   #36
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to see the loss of young Henry Surtees! May he rest in peace. Condolences to Family and friends.

L.P.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2504599)   #37
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw it on TV, and hoped that he would be OK, sadly the news of his death was confirmed late nite. This morning I have woken to read so many tibutes, all deserving, and would also like to offer my condolences to all his family and friends. RIP Henry.

Kelvin
Old 20 Jul 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2504604)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RIP Henry.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2504608)   #39
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Henry

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jul 2009, 06:42 (Ref:2504613)   #40
banger_racer
Racer

England
essex
banger_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Henry.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2504619)   #41
cbellic
Rookie

cbellic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P. Henry
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2504626)   #42
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was at Brands Hatch on Saturday to watch Henry get his Formula 2 podium finish and caught up with him in the paddock after the race. You could tell he was pretty chuffed about it. Two girls came up to him, with race programmes in hand, looking for autographs. They asked him who he was. He smiled and told them as they started to leaf through the programme pages to find his picture. Trophy in hand, he waited patiently for several minutes for them to find him before signing it for them. My 5 year old son was very impressed. Ever the gentleman, Henry was only a kid himself... not long out of karting, which is where I had most of my contact with him. Its hard to believe that a day later he would no longer be with us.

John survived the one of most dangerous eras of motor racing on two as well as four wheels. It is just incredible that he should loose Henry through such a freak accident at a time when motorsport is so much safer. Words cannot describe what Jane and he are going through right at the moment and all of our thoughts are with them right now.

RIP Henry.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2504628)   #43
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
Rockfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Condolences to his family.

RIP
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2504631)   #44
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its always very sad when one of "us" dies while competing and to lose someone so young just compounds the tragedy of it all.

Condolences to the family.

RIP Henry.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2504633)   #45
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are with John and Jane. We have survived accidents that should have taken us in the past,to lose one so young, yes life is so unfair sometimes, RIP young Henry.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 20 Jul 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2504637)   #46
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To, John and Jane,my deepest sympathy to you both.Such dreams that Henry had that I have no doubt he would have realised with his talent.
Such a very sad accident.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2504646)   #47
Paul Mann
Rookie

England
Portsmouth
Paul Mann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinda wish we had left You 'beached' after Druids - but you were pleased to be freed and waited for us all to get clear before speeding off - thankyou for that

We will miss You Henry - RIP, and deepest condolences to John and Jane
Old 20 Jul 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2504664)   #48
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a terrible and shocking accident. I can't say I followed his career with keen interest but for such a terrible thing to happen at such a young age is horrific. My deepest condolences to the Surtees family...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Jul 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2504673)   #49
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surtees Corner now takes on extra significance...
Old 20 Jul 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2504689)   #50
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Living close to the Surtees family and knowing lots of people that worked for the old team and the Honda franchise in later years brings this tragedy closer to me in this day and age of the crash and walk away era.
A terrible time for all involved and what ever we say won't alter things.
RIP HENRY.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !