Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 22 Jun 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3267465)   #26
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Allan. Another bright flame flickers out.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3267509)   #27
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm shocked to hear this very sad news.

RIP Alan.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3267527)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I still cant believe he is gone . Shocked.

RIP Allan you will be greatly missed.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3267528)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dreadfully sad news. RIP Allan.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3267534)   #30
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So sad. An absolute genius behind the wheel, taken away too soon.

Thoughts to his family.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3267536)   #31
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Devastating news. Such a talent. Awful stuff.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3267588)   #32
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP.
Much admired and respected in Australia both as a person and in sports car and V8 endurance racing.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3267591)   #33
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news, remember Allen racing in Australia, will be missed. RIP
Old 23 Jun 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3267731)   #34
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RIP Allan.

Such a strange accident too, looks like he just got a bit wide and fishtailed on the paint, head-on with the wall.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3268371)   #35
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely tragic reminds us all of the dangers of this great race ! Heart felt sympathy to all involved
Old 23 Jun 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3268414)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As others have already said, utterly tragic - and that it should happen at Le Mans makes it all the more shocking for me. RIP Allan.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3268508)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
R.I.P. Allan Simonsen.

My lasting memory is his amazing performance in the wet at the Silverstone GT3 race supporting the FIA GT in 2007. He had a such a versatile natural talent.

Condolences to family and friends.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3268518)   #38
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My condolences to Allan's loved ones. A very sad piece of news on what we always want to be such a joyous occasion.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3268521)   #39
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Meaden's tribute
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/29..._19782013.html
Old 23 Jun 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3268558)   #40
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sunday, june 23th, after Les Hunaudières were re-opened.
A danish tribute.

Old 23 Jun 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3268588)   #41
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've followed Allan's career since he appeared in British GT, and something about the way DSC wrote about him conveyed that he was a special sort of person on and off track. Nothing can say more than Tom K's whole demeanour did when he got out of #2 at 3pm today. RIP Allan, condolences to all who knew and loved him.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3268712)   #42
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Beeing at the circute lisning to Radio Lemans bringing nto sad news abolut Allans dead made the meaning of the race disapear for a short time.
But as Allan proberly would have wanted the race did not stop. We will enjoy racing again and life will go on.

Senna, watch out. Heaven has got a new fast man and will race you any day.

With tears in the eyes,

Kenn
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3268931)   #43
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Allan.

Thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues as well as with the marshals/medics involved.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3268964)   #44
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
R.I.P Allan!

Denmark has lost one of its biggest (if not the biggest) GT talent ever.
A HUGE loss, and something which can be felt in Denmark.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3269014)   #45
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As others have already said, utterly tragic - and that it should happen at Le Mans makes it all the more shocking for me. RIP Allan.
I just heard about this last evening. I didn't have internet access throughout the weekend, hence my late response to everything. I was watching the race from the main grandstands when the accident occurred... thankfully not at Tertre Rouge. I didn't think anything of it, probably because I couldn't see the screen that well and it didn't seem like too big of a hit. My mom actually called me from back in TX to tell me about it and that's the first I heard of it. Absolutely tragic news... and that it happened at Le Mans is even more shocking, I agree. We all thought the worst when Anthony Davidson and Piergiuseppe Perazzini crashed last year and when Rockenfeller and McNish crashed in 2011... but this was so early into the race and therefore so shocking. RIP my friend...
Old 24 Jun 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3269223)   #46
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Such a shame. I was sad the car was out, but not concerned. News of Allan seemed to indicate he was only off for a check up, but was OK. So to have RLM in my ear reading out the ACO statement just took the joy out of the day.
I am pleased DPR offered to withdraw ALL the AMs, and only continued at Allan's family's express wish.

RIP Allan.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3269475)   #47
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am so very sad that we have lost Allan Simonsen. I wasn't fortunate to know Allan personally, but I was a big fan of him as a racing driver. He had the ability to drive any car quickly and it was always a pleasure to watch him drive. His was a name that lit up an entry list; you just knew you were going to witness something special when he was on track. I can't believe I'll never be able to enjoy his driving again, but I try to console myself with the fact that I had the privilege of witnessing his driving skills first hand. For me, Allan will never just be the driver who lost his life at Le Mans 2013, he will always be so much more than that.

I would like to pass on my condolences to his family and friends and to everyone who was lucky enough to have had Allan in their lives.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3269504)   #48
MMC Andy
Racer

England
Newmarket
MMC Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last weekend saw the 2nd occasion that MMC have lost a client doing what they do best. It's been the most difficult few days ever - but of course not 1% of what the family & loved ones must be going through. All at MMC send their heartfelt best wishes to all Allan's family, friends and teammates at AMR.
As mentioned above, I would get a tingle everytime I saw him start/take over Hector Lester's Ferrari in BGT - you knew that despite infernior machinery beneath him, he had the talent & drive to race at the very very front of a stellar field. He remains one of the very few drivers racing in the UK today that I would stand and watch and admire greatly.

Class on & off the track, Allan, you will be sadly missed by competitors and fans alike. RIP
Old 25 Jun 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3269718)   #49
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A massive loss and shock for all of us there watching the replays on the big screens during the safety car period and then witnessing my daughter cry on hearing the sad news, what can a father do ? RIP Allan , a true racer and star.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3270745)   #50
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=UotNe4FbkcQ

Porsche Video Le Mans 2013 , in Memory of Allan Simonsen