Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver is going to win the VASC Driver’s Championship In 2018?
#1 Jamie Whincup RBHRT Holden 6 14.63%
#2 Scott Pye WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#5 Mark Winterbottom Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#7 Andre Heimgartner NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#8 Nick Percat BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 David Reynolds Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#12 Fabian Coulthard DJRTP Ford 1 2.44%
#14 Tim Slade BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Rick Kelly NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#17 Scott McLaughlin DJRTP Ford 22 53.66%
#18 Lee Holdsworth Team18 Holden 0 0%
#19 Jack Le Brocq Tekno Holden 0 0%
#21 Tim Blanchard TBR Holden 0 0%
#23 Michael Caruso NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#25 James Courtney WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#33 Garth Tander GRM Holden 0 0%
#34 James Golding GRM Holden 0 0%
#35 Todd Hazelwood MSR Ford 0 0%
#55 Chaz Mostert Tickford Ford 4 9.76%
#56 Richie Stanaway Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#78 Simona de Silvestro NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#97 Shane van Gisbergen RBHRT Holden 2 4.88%
#99 Anton de Pasquale Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#230 Will Davison 23RED Ford 0 0%
#888 Craig Lowndes ALR Holden 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Dec 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3785333)   #1351
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plus a couple of years of media coaching.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3785334)   #1352
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yawn.

aren't you tired of trolling a poster that is no longer here
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3785339)   #1353
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the originating particular pseudonym is no longer here...

But the view was held by others that are still here
Old 6 Dec 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3785342)   #1354
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Yawn.

aren't you tired of trolling a poster that is no longer here
Having a opposite point of view to your own isn't trolling.

And that poster is still on tenths as far as I'm aware.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 02:31 (Ref:3785352)   #1355
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Having a opposite point of view to your own isn't trolling.

And that poster is still on tenths as far as I'm aware.
Nothing to do with an opposing view here, its continually mocking/trolling a poster for something they said 4 months ago that im yawning about.

Its become boring and dull
Old 6 Dec 2017, 02:54 (Ref:3785354)   #1356
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Well you havent actually asked that until now and it is simple to find, its in the operations manual of supercars which can be found at their website under rules
I actually looked at the Operations Manual before making my post.

Perhaps you would be so good as to advise where in the Operations Manual.......
Old 6 Dec 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3785358)   #1357
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

sorry got no time or interest in looking it up.

However here is an article quoting Rusty French

Supercars: Super Black Racing bows out

Quote:
“Being a shareholder in Prodrive would mean that he would have had control over five RECs and under Supercars rules the limit is four.”
Look forward to hearing what you come up with
Old 6 Dec 2017, 04:18 (Ref:3785361)   #1358
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
But my simple question is WHERE does it say this in the rules and regulations?

Should be very simple to quote to me........
Terry, the limitation of 4 RECs is not contained in the sporting rules (Operations Manual) but in the REC contract conditions that each team operates under.

In the same way, penalties for not attending races, requirements on show cars, media staffing and a large range of other items are contained in the REC documentation and not in the rule book.

The restriction to 4 RECs has been confirmed ad nauseam by various teams, journalists and series management over many years (going back to when RECs were first introduced over 10 years ago).
Old 6 Dec 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3785365)   #1359
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it me or is it actually difficult to warm to Mr Stanaway?

Video Here
Its not just you.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 05:27 (Ref:3785368)   #1360
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

it is not the limit of 4
wild card Dunlop Super2 Series Entry. you may see 5 cars

REC means a Racing Entitlements Contract between Supercars and each Team that provides such Team with their racing entitlements and obligations or the Dunlop Super2 Series Entry.

A5. ENTRIES FOR EVENTS/EVENTS GENERALLY Precondition 5.1.1 All Competitors must execute a REC or DSE before submitting any Entry Registration Form to Supercars. The CAMS Competitor name listed in the Entry Registration Form must be identical to the entity name on the REC for the Entry Registration Form and/or Entry Form to be considered valid.

Entry Registration Form 5.2.1 All Competitors must submit to Supercars a completed Entry Registration Form, for: 5.2.1.1 any series before competing in their first Event of the series in a Season or for VCS REC’s by the time nominated in the REC of the preceding year; and 5.2.1.2 any other Event – by the time and date notified in writing by Supercars. 5.2.2 The Entry Registration Form for both the VCS and the DVS will only be required to be completed once each Season unless any detail contained in the original Entry Registration Form is changed. The completion by a Competitor and submission to Supercars, of an Entry Registration Form for the VCS will be confirmation by such Competitor of an entry to all Events. 5.2.3 It is the responsibility of each Competitor at all times to ensure that the information contained on the Entry Registration Form is accurate and current.

Entry Form 5.3.1 The completion by a Competitor and submission to Supercars, of an Entry Form for the DVS will be confirmation by such Competitor of an entry to an Event. 5.3.2 Solely as the result of the approval by Supercars of a change of control of a Team and the subsequent completion of the sale or sub-licence of a REC will it be permitted to change the Competitor details of an entry for an Event after such entry has been confirmed by the submission to Supercars of an Entry Form in accordance with Rule A5.3.1.

Entry Containing False Statement 5.4.1 Any Entry Registration Form or Entry Form which contains a false statement shall be null and void and the Competitor may be referred to the Stewards.

Refusal of Entry 5.5.1 Supercars may refuse to accept any Entry Registration Form or Entry Form, subject to the terms of the REC and/or in the event that the Competitor owes either Supercars more than $5000 for any reason for a period of more than 30 days and shall notify the Competitor of the reason for such refusal, which shall be final and not subject to Appeal.

Nomination and Change of Drivers 5.6.1 Supplementary Regulations for each Event will specify the dates and times for the closing of Drivers’ nominations, which are exempt from compliance with Rules A5.2 and A5.3. 5.6.2 If permitted by the Supplementary Regulations, a change of Driver may be made, but any application for such change made after the time set in the Supplementary Regulations can only be approved by the Stewards via the form in Division F, in exceptional circumstances.

VCS Entry Criteria 5.7.1 The criteria for entry to a VCS Event and the qualifying cut-off for VCS Events will be in accordance with the provisions of Schedule A4. 5.7.2 A Primary Driver is not permitted to compete under more than one (1) REC in the same calendar year, unless approved by Supercars.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3785377)   #1361
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually find Mr Stanaway quite refreshing media wise. He's straight to the point and doesn't dribble the usual rubbish we get from some drivers.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3785503)   #1362
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PHR To Reskin VF to ZB

And still running older underpinnings...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Dec 2017, 01:49 (Ref:3785567)   #1363
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 7 Dec 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3785578)   #1364
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wilson continuing with GRM:
https://www.speedcafe.com/?p=387168
Old 7 Dec 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3785584)   #1365
Terry S
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
it is not the limit of 4
wild card Dunlop Super2 Series Entry. you may see 5 cars

REC means a Racing Entitlements Contract between Supercars and each Team that provides such Team with their racing entitlements and obligations or the Dunlop Super2 Series Entry.

A5. ENTRIES FOR EVENTS/EVENTS GENERALLY Precondition 5.1.1 All Competitors must execute a REC or DSE before submitting any Entry Registration Form to Supercars. The CAMS Competitor name listed in the Entry Registration Form must be identical to the entity name on the REC for the Entry Registration Form and/or Entry Form to be considered valid.

Entry Registration Form 5.2.1 All Competitors must submit to Supercars a completed Entry Registration Form, for: 5.2.1.1 any series before competing in their first Event of the series in a Season or for VCS REC’s by the time nominated in the REC of the preceding year; and 5.2.1.2 any other Event – by the time and date notified in writing by Supercars. 5.2.2 The Entry Registration Form for both the VCS and the DVS will only be required to be completed once each Season unless any detail contained in the original Entry Registration Form is changed. The completion by a Competitor and submission to Supercars, of an Entry Registration Form for the VCS will be confirmation by such Competitor of an entry to all Events. 5.2.3 It is the responsibility of each Competitor at all times to ensure that the information contained on the Entry Registration Form is accurate and current.

Entry Form 5.3.1 The completion by a Competitor and submission to Supercars, of an Entry Form for the DVS will be confirmation by such Competitor of an entry to an Event. 5.3.2 Solely as the result of the approval by Supercars of a change of control of a Team and the subsequent completion of the sale or sub-licence of a REC will it be permitted to change the Competitor details of an entry for an Event after such entry has been confirmed by the submission to Supercars of an Entry Form in accordance with Rule A5.3.1.

Entry Containing False Statement 5.4.1 Any Entry Registration Form or Entry Form which contains a false statement shall be null and void and the Competitor may be referred to the Stewards.

Refusal of Entry 5.5.1 Supercars may refuse to accept any Entry Registration Form or Entry Form, subject to the terms of the REC and/or in the event that the Competitor owes either Supercars more than $5000 for any reason for a period of more than 30 days and shall notify the Competitor of the reason for such refusal, which shall be final and not subject to Appeal.

Nomination and Change of Drivers 5.6.1 Supplementary Regulations for each Event will specify the dates and times for the closing of Drivers’ nominations, which are exempt from compliance with Rules A5.2 and A5.3. 5.6.2 If permitted by the Supplementary Regulations, a change of Driver may be made, but any application for such change made after the time set in the Supplementary Regulations can only be approved by the Stewards via the form in Division F, in exceptional circumstances.

VCS Entry Criteria 5.7.1 The criteria for entry to a VCS Event and the qualifying cut-off for VCS Events will be in accordance with the provisions of Schedule A4. 5.7.2 A Primary Driver is not permitted to compete under more than one (1) REC in the same calendar year, unless approved by Supercars.
Thanks Thunderbolt for typing all that. Unfortunately it doesn't cover the issue of the 4 car limit. It seems that is in the non public REC documentation.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 05:56 (Ref:3785587)   #1366
Terry S
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Terry, the limitation of 4 RECs is not contained in the sporting rules (Operations Manual) but in the REC contract conditions that each team operates under.

In the same way, penalties for not attending races, requirements on show cars, media staffing and a large range of other items are contained in the REC documentation and not in the rule book.

The restriction to 4 RECs has been confirmed ad nauseam by various teams, journalists and series management over many years (going back to when RECs were first introduced over 10 years ago).
Thanks Tourer for that. I could not find it in the public documents.
I knew I had heard of it over the years but was just interested in what it actually said.

peckstar stated clearly it was in the Operations Manual.

When I quite reasonably asked where he responded "I HAVE NO INTEREST IN LOOKING IT UP"

It's posters such as him that give forums a bad name.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 06:07 (Ref:3785589)   #1367
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Thanks Tourer for that. I could not find it in the public documents.
I knew I had heard of it over the years but was just interested in what it actually said.

peckstar stated clearly it was in the Operations Manual.

When I quite reasonably asked where he responded "I HAVE NO INTEREST IN LOOKING IT UP"

It's posters such as him that give forums a bad name.
really, a personal attack, I gave you a source and a quote, you want me to read the operations manual to find out something you need, just assumed it is referred to ad nauseum for ten years and it was not your original questions

I certainly dont want to waste my time looking up something for ungrateful people

Last edited by peckstar; 7 Dec 2017 at 06:12.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3785707)   #1368
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Milwaulkee Tools To 23RED

Old 7 Dec 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3785719)   #1369
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 7 Dec 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3785723)   #1370
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Lot of supercars related trucks heading from Sale to Melebourne this morning, i assume aero testing is complete
Old 7 Dec 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3785741)   #1371
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
23RED doesn't look unlike the Bud livery!
Old 7 Dec 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3785742)   #1372
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
23RED doesn't look unlike the Bud livery!
There were a few, just inyteersted in the number on this one from forza, but i see your point

[
Old 8 Dec 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3785771)   #1373
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pither to GRM enduros campaign
Old 8 Dec 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3785776)   #1374
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
ZB Commodore homologation testing complete
Old 8 Dec 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3785806)   #1375
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
HSV Brand Gone From WAU??