Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jan 2018, 00:27 (Ref:3794427)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Nice! I am going to have to pick your brain later on when I start researching my 2019 trip. I fear I will have alot of questions.
More than happy to answer.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 01:14 (Ref:3794436)   #17
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Pick up my rental van I sleep in, go to Daytona Walmart(which is an experience in itself), buy a cheap air mattress, beer, water, some food, and toiletries and head to the track.
There is a Walmart not far from the airport in Orlando (north on 436/Semoran) that might save you the zaniness of the Daytona location (although all their locations seem to have 'zany.')
Old 23 Jan 2018, 01:39 (Ref:3794441)   #18
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!
Not my favorite liveries on the Penske cars, from what I can tell, but then again, it's nice to see cars in very clean, simple color schemes these days.

There's a reason the Risi car has been my favorite among the Ferraris.

Also, does anyone else think the #5 Cadillac colors look at all similar to the livery on the 1988 Sauber Mercedes C9s?
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3794448)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Awesome stuff, well done again, Matt.

Are you driving down from CT or Flying? In any case, enjoy the race!!

I'm looking at getting down there for the 24 in 2019. That will be a first!

By the way, Penske has released their official liveries for this weekend's race.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/pe...-dpi-liveries/
A bit more vanilla than I expected. I thought we would see something similar to the Acura liveries on the shank cars last season, but I guess the freckles on the fins are an ode to that.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 03:36 (Ref:3794461)   #20
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
A bit more vanilla than I expected. I thought we would see something similar to the Acura liveries on the shank cars last season, but I guess the freckles on the fins are an ode to that.
I'll have to see it in person. The "standard" Penske livery looked amazing on the Oreca.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3794500)   #21
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flying over tomorrow (Weds). Staying with some friends in their RV!

2nd year in a row going to the race.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3794524)   #22
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm all about those Penske schemes.

We haven't seen the ESM cars yet what they're doing.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3794548)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I'm guessing the ESM cars will be black and green.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3794553)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just noticed the only all platinum driver lineup in the Proto ranks is in the #5 AER car.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3794557)   #25
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricky Taylor is still gold? WTF
Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3794560)   #26
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'll have a hard time distinguishing those two when the car(s) is/are coming at me at speed at 17 in Sebring but I'll manage!
Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3794561)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Ricky Taylor is still gold? WTF
So is Dalziel.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3794564)   #28
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just noticed the only all platinum driver lineup in the Proto ranks is in the #5 AER car.
#37 Jota/JCDC should have been too. How in the name of all that's holy is Rosenqvist classed as Gold?
Old 23 Jan 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3794576)   #29
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

yeah i think the penske cars look really sharp with the livery, much better than I was expecting.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3794579)   #30
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fly out tomorrow from UK - looking forward to it !