Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Apr 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3398766)   #11
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Depends on the priority i suppose,

Is the idea to have as many cars at one event as possible,

or is it to try on help the entire series.

And if they had set a rule then why should someone be allowed to break it
just because they are Petch or Kayne Scott?
You Sir, I think are missing the point and indeed showing your bias in the process, you don't have to love/like me, but at least you could exercise some common courtesy when referring to me or anybody else for that matter in the context of your last post, as you correctly did when referring to Kayne Scott.

For the record, I never set out to break any rules, nor did I attempt to break any rules as I am not a member of GTRNZ, so cant be guilty of your accusation anyway.

I merely wrote to GTRNZ asking if I could lodge an entry, they had every right to refuse my entry, unless I was prepared to run at another of their events, and as previously said I have no issue with that, even though I fundamentally disagree with the concept.

As 'Socram' said preference should be given to members, and if the members provide a full grid then so be it, but sadly it was far from a full grid and also lacked depth, so under those circumstances surely it would have been better to accept my entry on a space available basis?

I merely wanted to 'blow the cobwebs' off the 'old girl' at Puke were Kayne and that car hold the old tracks lap record, and if possible set a new tin-top lap record in the process at the revised circuit.

We can of course attempt to set a new lap record at a club meeting, with a handful of spectators and most probably will do our best to set a new official tin-top "Puke" lap record, when the next suitable opportunity, presents itself, but that hardly serves GTRNZ interest in promoting their category does it.