Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3827492)   #451
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Or too old batch?
Only halfway through their lifeing...
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3828881)   #452
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New Vantage GT3 is at Le Mans alongside the new GT4 version.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3829104)   #453
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfkaEtaXkAUW4-s.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfkaEtSWkAAPfx1.jpg

Added the two pictures.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3829111)   #454
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks a bit like the GTE car
Old 13 Jun 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3829138)   #455
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Looks a bit like the GTE car
Makes sense, the GTE and GT3 are supposed to be interchangeable (mentioned in the article below), just like the Ferrari 488 GTE and GT3.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...daytona-debut/
Old 14 Jun 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3829293)   #456
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I think I’m a miserable person because I don’t like it. The cars should look at least a little different, also I don’t like the increased downforce, not only does it make life more difficult for gentlemen drivers but makes cars harder to follow. Admittedly not as bad as single seaters.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3832368)   #457
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I think I’m a miserable person because I don’t like it. The cars should look at least a little different, also I don’t like the increased downforce, not only does it make life more difficult for gentlemen drivers but makes cars harder to follow. Admittedly not as bad as single seaters.
Increased downforce doesn't make it more difficult for gentlemen drivers, in fact, generally it's the opposite.

-mike
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3832750)   #458
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Some pictures from three of the events this year, now that I have finally got on top of my backlog!

Please note:
- I take a lot of pictures, these are big albums
- I am a fan with a camera, I claim no photography expertise
- These are all cropped and resized, but otherwise unedited

Brands Hatch (boo to the fencing ):
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmkbNX7J

Silverstone:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmmAXyEQ

Paul Ricard:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmi25RU1
Old 24 Jun 2018, 06:21 (Ref:3832782)   #459
GregUK
Racer

Great race from Misano yesterday with pretty tight last 10 laps (no spoiler!)

Today's race at 13.00hrs
Old 24 Jun 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3832838)   #460
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Thanks for clarifying that Mike for some reason I thought I remembered an interview with a team manager who mentioned that some bronze drivers were intimidated by the increased downforce, I must have been wrong.

Some good action in race 2 at Misano, good results for Audi 1,2,3,4,6,8
Old 5 Jul 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3834900)   #461
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello friends. I saw in the Spa image gallery on Endurance Info, that some 488 GT3 use a slightly different front aero. Is this a new update? After searching on google images i notice that hardly any use this version pictured here. http://d24c1jjhvw5da9.cloudfront.net...07-2018-58.JPG

For comparison i show this version which it seems is what everyone uses. http://d24c1jjhvw5da9.cloudfront.net...7-2018-115.JPG
Old 16 Sep 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3850601)   #462
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The DQ of #63 GRT Lamborghini from race 1 of Blancpain Sprint at Nurburgring.

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/...burgring-event

Not good from GRT or Engelhart imo.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3850617)   #463
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An absolutely bizarre one. The gains from it would be tiny. They've clearly gone to a lot of effort to hide it too - so it's pre-meditated. And the removal from race 2 seems harsh for a violation in race 1.

As always, worth appealing just so they can race. Very odd one.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3850677)   #464
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a crazy end to the Sprint title race. I honestly though Audi would swap the cars. That was mental lol.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3850682)   #465
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
What a crazy end to the Sprint title race. I honestly though Audi would swap the cars. That was mental lol.

Glad they didn’t, win or lose it made it exciting and really that’s what should matter. They fought hard and honest
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3850819)   #466
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Vincent Vosse certainly to get that arranged by his visit(s) to the Attempto pitbox. The look on his face told me it was not going to happen.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 21:18 (Ref:3850829)   #467
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Vincent Vosse certainly to get that arranged by his visit(s) to the Attempto pitbox. The look on his face told me it was not going to happen.

Wow. You would think someone from Audi would get involved to ask nicely.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3850861)   #468
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wow. You would think someone from Audi would get involved to ask nicely.
Chris Reinke (I think that's his name?) was there but apparently didn't want to get involved in favoring one Audi customer team over another.

Attempto was trying to get 3rd in the championship - which they would have lost if they let the #1 through.
That was probably more important for them than helping a rival team win a title.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3850939)   #469
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah Reinke was in the pit lane but certainly wasn't making any effort to get the cars swapped.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3851184)   #470
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Chris Reinke (I think that's his name?) was there but apparently didn't want to get involved in favoring one Audi customer team over another.

Attempto was trying to get 3rd in the championship - which they would have lost if they let the #1 through.
That was probably more important for them than helping a rival team win a title.
Gotta respect Reinke for that approach.

I did see a post on social media by one of the Scharnhorsts about why he fought for the position and he explained it pretty well I have to say.

Congrats to Akka ASP for grabbing the title
Old 18 Sep 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3851224)   #471
greeny12
Rookie

greeny12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could also say justice was done after the very naughty brake-testing of Christodoulou by Mies's team-mate. That was on the very fringes of sportsmanship, to put it mildly. Potentially dangerous too...
Old 26 Sep 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3852694)   #472
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Late to the game, I know. Then again, GTWorld has almost the entire 2017 season still geo-blocked, apparently.

Even so, near as I can tell, I was able to note that the Blancpain GT Asia series actually did something I had been hoping for quite a while that other, non-F1 series would do at Fuji. That is, they omitted that extra chicane/wiggle-waggle after Dunlop, heading into the switchback section at the end of the lap.

I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice to see the same treatment with regards to that chicane on the back side of the course at Ningbo.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 04:22 (Ref:3852887)   #473
sfcorse
Rookie

sfcorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Late to the game, I know. Then again, GTWorld has almost the entire 2017 season still geo-blocked, apparently.

Even so, near as I can tell, I was able to note that the Blancpain GT Asia series actually did something I had been hoping for quite a while that other, non-F1 series would do at Fuji. That is, they omitted that extra chicane/wiggle-waggle after Dunlop, heading into the switchback section at the end of the lap.

I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice to see the same treatment with regards to that chicane on the back side of the course at Ningbo.
Was only done due to damaged piece of tarmac/track at Fuji, I believe.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3852890)   #474
GregUK
Racer

The Endurance series final takes place in Barcelona on Sunday.

It would appear that a whole host of drivers could lift the title, so it's going to be a fantastic event!
Old 29 Sep 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3853336)   #475
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DSC outlines the changes to SRO calendars and formats for 2019:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...-for-2019.html

For the most part I think there’s some solid work here

I like the idea of the unified GT Sprint title, and the new manufacturer focused approach, ensuring a mix of driver ratings are used. I think it’s great they are making any manufacturer have one silver and one bronze, why should gents represent manufacturers as well as fully fledged pro’s.

My thought on GT4 in the US is that is seems like a lot of events, so I hope they can attract good enough grids

I wonder how GT4 in Asia will fare with separated grids