Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Aug 2000, 20:02 (Ref:30012)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After that "touch" with his boss last race, the expected happened... in an exclusive interview for brazilian TV, Zonta confirmed that he will not run for BAR next year, and more... Panis the new JV's teammate in BAR, should begin to race in Hungary, but thanx to Mr. Dennis intervention, Zonta will retain his seat the rest of this year...
He said that there is NO dealings going on, just an initial talking with Arrows, but as Zonta himself said alot of manouevres must happen for a move to Arrows. He is more likely to be a test driver for McLaren.
And after that "soft touch" with Alesi, Diniz is almost finishing his dealing to retain his seat at Sauber...
I would like to know where money is favouring Zonta... Maybe he should start to crash with the others and risk thir lives, instead of just crashing himself.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:09 (Ref:30024)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least Zonta does not risk others lives by punting cars off of the track like Diniz. He is satisfied with 1 car crashes.

Diniz is the one who should be out. Zonta might do better with a smaller team.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:29 (Ref:30031)   #3
Valentinik
Rookie

Valentinik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The secret of Dinizs' success

Does anyone know of a Diniz driven car not having Parmalat sponsorship?
And who's father owns the Parmalat franchise for South America?
Are these questions related?
Yes.
Will F1 have to endure Pedro for a few more seasons yet?
Yes.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:36 (Ref:30032)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly money is louder than talent in F1.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:52 (Ref:30037)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't I say he was going to Arrows? You should listen to me more.

However, Zonta belongs to McLaren and I am sure that a year as their test driver would be good for him, would teach him a lot an dmake him more valuable to Arrows next season, so either way it is a good deal.

Zonta has enormous backing from BAT. But I understand that his family are not exactly stricken with poverty also.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 22:17 (Ref:30044)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Nobody loves Pedro

Is that all you can say about poor Pedro, Liz?? The guy is starting next to Alesi - now that would be interesting, Yes??? To be honest, teh guy qualified in midfield in the Sauber, so he must have some talent. Maybe a stint with Minardi Renault next year will see him higher up the grid, YES????
Old 12 Aug 2000, 22:18 (Ref:30045)   #7
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
However....it seems that Panis is already cound to replace Zonta in the last 2 races at Malaysia and Japan. Zonta's manager also suggested that he has a secured place in F1 for next year with another team but it remains to be seen if it would be as a test driver or as a normal driver.

As for diniz....as long as he has his money he'll find his way into an F1 seat.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 23:15 (Ref:30060)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Diniz is starting next to Alesi, he better have a really good disguise. This is Pedro staying up all night to disguise his Sauber as a Minardi.

I like the guy and I think it's unfortunate he is so reckless. Perhaps he has a future driving a taxi?
Old 13 Aug 2000, 00:27 (Ref:30067)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PSN want a Brazilian in the other Minardi to accompany Marzipan next season - Zonta and Diniz are the main contenders.

DAMMNIT I WANT GENE AND ZONTA IN THE MINARDIS...

Old 13 Aug 2000, 02:57 (Ref:30091)   #10
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not so sure about that MF. I dodn't hear the PSN commentators sugest anything like that in today's broadcast.....however they did hint during the F3000 race that a Mazzacane and Alonso combination for next year is likely.....it would be shame to loose Gene though.