Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2006, 01:38 (Ref:1779929)   #1
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can Newey effect STR

Because of the connection between Red Bull and STR, can/do they trade information??? And Can Newey help design the STR chassis???
Old 2 Dec 2006, 02:44 (Ref:1779944)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess it COULD happen. Should STR start the season with a bespoke chassis however, sharing data wont get them too much but this year, RBR may have given them all their data on the RB1 for the STR1.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1780137)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
STR are trying to run the Newey designed RB3 this year (renamed the STR2 of course).
Old 2 Dec 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1780299)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to add to my previous post, Luizzi expects the STR2 to run in January... same month as the RB3. *wink wink*
Old 2 Dec 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1780304)   #5
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
If thats the case, a Newey designed chassis (a chassis i might add that RBR claim theyve put their full effort behind for a very considerable time. they claim as soon as they put the RB2 on track they knew it was a dud) with arguably the 2 best 07 engines powering it, running on 2 teams (so double data) could become quite an annoyance to the established runners by mid year.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1780347)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerhard Berger said recently Toro Rosso would design their own car. It was in Autosport two or three weeks back I think.

I must say, I can't see them designing a car entirely their own, given what they could glean from the senior RBR squad. But I'd be pleased if they did their own thing!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1780363)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that it is likely that next years Toro Rosso is likely to have more in common with this years Red Bull than the '07 car, I suspect that Newey's influence at Toro Rosso will be rather small for I'd imagine given that much of Red Bull's focus has been on 2007, I suspect that this is where Newey would have spent most of his time. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if data Red Bull have accumulated with this years car happened to find its way to Toro Rosso.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 03:30 (Ref:1780627)   #8
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Theres a few holes i guess in the STR2-RB3 theory. Firstly, the basic car would need to be open to both the Ferrari and Renault engines. Engines these days are apprently very similar in packaging, but it was enough for Newey to clearly want one over the other so theres going to be compromises. Secondly, they already had a few times this year where STR were ahead of RBR, something which isnt good for the corporate image so i'd imagine Matesich and his gang would want to keep the B team where a B team belongs - Behind the A team. The RB2 is already setup for the Ferrari engine, so if STR can get around the rules like Super Aguri are, they should be set.

If all else fails, i guess they could always continue with the STR1 as well.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1780872)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think STR will get limited assistance from big brother, but STR is the junior team, there to blood in new drivers. They won't want them messing with Reb Bull Senior, which is there primarily to win.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1780964)   #10
Ciro Pabón
Rookie

Colombia
Bogotá, Colombia
Ciro Pabón should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Down F0rce and knowlesy for the bits of information.

About the A/B teams, isn't the B team, besides the "secondary" team, as FPV GTHO remarks, the place for trying the improbable ideas?
Old 20 Dec 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1795409)   #11
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RBR 2007 Expectations?

What are everyones thoughts on the Adrian Newey designed Red Bull car for 2007? Can they be competitive or will it take longer? Alot of hopes are pinned on Newey he better pull through for webbers sake
Old 20 Dec 2006, 06:00 (Ref:1795423)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Hasnt this been done to death already?
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1795490)   #13
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Hasnt this been done to death already?
possibly.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1795503)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There you go, threads merged!
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1795509)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe he's "jumped ship" at the wrong time again.

He's gonna have to be good up against DC at any rate and it does seem that everyone is relying on their aero team to deliver the goods next season.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1795554)   #16
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
DC won't be a factor for webber.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1795583)   #17
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Briscoe1
DC won't be a factor for webber.
I think its naive to think that. Webber could outpace Coulthard in a similar veign to Hakkinen and Raikkonen, but he'd be stupid not to try and learn anything from him. He doesnt have the reputation of Coulthard for developing a car for a start.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1795624)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think these 2 will be good for each other, MW's pace will keep DC honest and DC's development will help the cars.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1795997)   #19
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Theres a few holes i guess in the STR2-RB3 theory. Firstly, the basic car would need to be open to both the Ferrari and Renault engines. Engines these days are apprently very similar in packaging, but it was enough for Newey to clearly want one over the other so theres going to be compromises. Secondly, they already had a few times this year where STR were ahead of RBR, something which isnt good for the corporate image so i'd imagine Matesich and his gang would want to keep the B team where a B team belongs - Behind the A team. The RB2 is already setup for the Ferrari engine, so if STR can get around the rules like Super Aguri are, they should be set.

If all else fails, i guess they could always continue with the STR1 as well.
I believe newey's design for the RB3 will be very compact and hence will be more suitable to run with renault engine. And for STB, they will probably need to have bigger air inlet to cool the ferrari engine.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 06:18 (Ref:1796459)   #20
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
I believe newey's design for the RB3 will be very compact and hence will be more suitable to run with renault engine. And for STB, they will probably need to have bigger air inlet to cool the ferrari engine.

Hehe, yes that was quite the problem wasn't it!
Old 21 Dec 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1796589)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6th in the Constructors' and maybe a driver in the Drivers' top 10 seem realistic for RBR. Even if they make a big move in competitiveness, BMW and Honda both seem to be on upward trajectories, and as the season goes on I'd see other teams improvng the car more than the relatively under-funded RBR. Are they guaranteed equal engines to Renault at all stages of the season?
Old 21 Dec 2006, 10:13 (Ref:1796603)   #22
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webbo will deliver I feel, maiden front-row, possible maiden pole position for the team (i would kinda bet on it in Malay, i will too ). Mclaren and Ferrari seem to be slightly out of their league, and so is Button's Honda, but I expect Mark to finish somewhere within top6 - top9 at the end of the season, huge battles with BMW, Renault and Honda #2. DC will have some solid point scorers too, I dont expect him to shine now with Mark onboard tho.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1796635)   #23
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i expect a strong season from them, points scores, they have tow decent drivers, and a newey designed car. im not jumping to conclusion yet but i think they will be ery strong in 08.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1796711)   #24
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
6th in the Constructors' and maybe a driver in the Drivers' top 10 seem realistic for RBR. Even if they make a big move in competitiveness, BMW and Honda both seem to be on upward trajectories, and as the season goes on I'd see other teams improvng the car more than the relatively under-funded RBR. Are they guaranteed equal engines to Renault at all stages of the season?
I bet to differ. I believe that the current engine freeze and single tyre supplier situation is going to benefits teams with strong aero department.And newey and the gang will be among the best next season.

As for Renault engine, i have reason to believe the renault would rather lose to a team running their engine than to lose to Ferrari and Mclaren.

I would say top 4 and 1 win.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1796736)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The expectations for Red Bull Renualt and Torro Rosso Ferrari would be immense, espicaly for Webber. For Webber, this is the season, score high or bye-bye F1 dream. Also, with both Red Bull teams being designed by Adrian and have the two best engine types in the whole field, Torro Rosso would be expected to score points while RBR will be expected to score podiums and wins by both Coultard and Webber.