Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Nov 2000, 04:00 (Ref:48942)   #1
Emlyn
Rookie

Emlyn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone needing F1 videos???

Hi everybody,
Here at home i have a colection of 520 F1 tapes, consisting of the following.....

*Every GP "live" back catalogue all the way to South Africa 1983
*Many selected races between Japan 1977 - 1983
*Every qualifying session since 1992
*Every complete practice / warm-up session since Japan 1998 thanks to bernie-vision.
*Also all the season reviews, & many other driver/team docu programmes as well as tv docus.

If you`d like a catalogue then please e-mail louem@btinternet.com

Maybe you have some gaps that need filling in your own collection, or perhaps you were on holiday and the dreaded vcr did`nt tape the race.
If this sounds familiar then i should be able to help.

Emlyn.....THE F1 TAPE MASTER
Old 19 Nov 2000, 07:51 (Ref:48959)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to ten tenths Emyln..i just have one question for you....

are you single ????????

stand by for my email
Old 19 Nov 2000, 16:03 (Ref:49009)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Emlyn,

Welcome to the forums. Your reputation precedes you. Amongst my tape-swapping contacts, Rod Hawkins and Dave Brown have said wonderful things about you.

Folks, this guy is awesome.

I'm up to date from the start of 1979 (thanks Rod for filling in the gaps), but you may well be hearing from me about those "selected races from 1977..."!

Hope you enjoy your visits.
Old 20 Nov 2000, 08:54 (Ref:49103)   #4
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My GP-collection is pretty ok, but there are a few other tapes I am desperately seeking for. WC Sportcars 1984 and 1985, especially Nurburgring and ultimately qualifying. If you have any Bellof footage there or know someone who has I'd gladly purchase those tapes.
Old 21 Nov 2000, 00:00 (Ref:49247)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Emlyn, welcome.
I've also heard many good things about you.
My GP-collection is OK too. I have every race from 1976 up until today. All I need is integral footage of races of the fifties and sixties.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 23:52 (Ref:49558)   #6
Emlyn
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome guys....
First of all i did`nt know that Rod was a member here, we have helped eachother in getting tapes recently and he`s a good guy to work with, equally some of the programmes that Dave B sent to me are very good.....at present i`m trying to get hold of a video format converter, so that i can transfer these docu programmes into PAL.

If you are already familiar with Rod`s tape collection then i suggest that you ask him first about any tapes that you`d like.....then if he does`nt have the tapes that you are looking for then come and see.....

Gerard, I`d like to know more about those races from 1976.
Old 23 Nov 2000, 00:03 (Ref:49559)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Emlyn,

Rod's not actually a member yet. I was enthusing about the site to him the other day, and I've been looking out for him hiding under some suitably cryptic username ever since.

I love the internet. I spend years and years believing I was the only nut who saved every racing broadcast he could, and now I discover a whole community of us. Brilliant!

As to the NTSC/PAL problem, I actually went out and bought an NTSC-compatible player, and Dave's 8 hours of this year's Sebring were happily viewed. Ebay provided good 1960s Indy 500 footage, and even some Trans-Am races with Mark Donohue featured. That VCR is one of the best investments I ever made.
Old 23 Nov 2000, 00:27 (Ref:49562)   #8
Emlyn
Rookie

Hi,
If that is the case, then i`m going to mail you all out catalogues in the very near future....
Viewing Dave`s stuff is`nt a problem as i have an ntsc/pal vcr, the problem is copying the damn things so that others here in Europe can see them.

Don`t think that there is only a few of us that records the races......there`s loads of us, especially on the continent.
Britian i`m afraid still lags well behind Italy & Germany in terms of F1 tv coverage, and the gap is widening all the time.

Old 23 Nov 2000, 00:34 (Ref:49565)   #9
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Evening folks, was just browsing this thread and thought to mention that even though I get racing programs taped by my best friend in another province, where the American station "Speedvision" is available, I reluctantly do not save anything (to get the tapes back to him for another number of months' worth). I applaud your dedication to saving all of your stuff. This station, while having a fair amoumnt of chaff, so to speak, does have some really neat documentaries and race coverage, often made by Sponser companies etc etc. Examples like The Mini Cooper story, " A Gentlemans Diary"-50's home movies of a chap who went to a lot of the GP's, or the Brands Hatch 1000km of 85 or 86, with Eddie Cheever et al in the big Group C Jags, Bell in a privateer Porsche (title: Speed Freaks) In any case, I have been entertained hugely by these and other Speedvision programs, I'm sure it would be worth your while to try to find someone who tapes AND keeps stuff from this station. Your discussions of PAL/NTSC transfers must mean that you are exchanging over the Atlantic, but I hope this is a suggestion for finding something you haven't seen or have been seeking. There are many a time I kick myself for not keeping tapes.... oh well... enjoy yours....
Old 23 Nov 2000, 01:03 (Ref:49567)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ah, the Gentleman's Motor Racing Diary. What a wonderful production. djb, if I told you that it has never been broadcast in England, and that the complete set of 12 videos is marketed at nearly £270 ($400)....

It was a very special moment when I opened a Christmas present a couple of years back and found the box of videos inside!

That Brands Hatch 1000km race - if it's the one with Pierluigi Martini spinning out a Lancia into the debris fence at Clearways, look for a little chap diving for cover in the spectator area. That'll be me...
Old 24 Nov 2000, 00:41 (Ref:49694)   #11
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TimD: I first saw the Brands 1000 doc. about 2 or 3 years ago, but luck will have it that my friend retaped it recently and I started watching it again only the other day (which is why the title came to mind when giving examples).
If the kids go to sleep properly tonight and there aren't too many housechores to do, I shall look for you. Hope the camera got your best side......
re: A Gentleman's Racing Diary, while not really a 50's racing history buff, I have watched a fair number of them and learned alot more of the drivers of the period. I would have to say that the novelty of the access that the fellow had, plus pretty half decent camera work, makes up for the sometimes too-even-narration by the son, and the obvious "without sound" soundtrack that has been layed in. I'm curious about the filmmaker-he must have been wealthy considering the amount of footage he shot, not to mention just going to all of these races. Who was he etc etc and when was this put together? Was it just for himself? It's amazing that it hasn't been broadcasted over there, but from a broadcasters point of view, it is pretty darn dry and only a certain crowd would be interested.
You Brits can't imagine how envious I am of you, with so many proper racetracks in such a small area (remember,I'm from Canada..) and having vintage racing going on, hell, all kind of racing going on AND scads of followers...I was in London about three years ago, and stumbled into a bookshop of entirely autosport stuff- and all good quality books, serious stuff, I was astounded, you just do not see that over here. I credit my autosport enthousiasm to genetics, my grandparents on my mother's side were from Worthing (came over in the 20's) and my dads side, although having been here for a number of generations, were all-Brit. I've said it before, I can prove this by sunburning faster than Schumacher Sr. can disprove a pushy move..........
Old 24 Nov 2000, 22:03 (Ref:49789)   #12
djb
Veteran

TimD: regarding the 86 Brands 1000 film, I looked at it last night and it must not be the same one that you were refering to. Drivers were Cheever/Brancatelli and Warwick/Schlesser in the Jags, Bell/Stuck in one of the Porsches, and the only Lancias mentioned were with de Ceseris and Giacomelli (not necessarily in the same car) In this race, one of the Lancias went in for petrol with the first of 4 safety car incidents, but got out again when it shouldn't have and so despite being half a lap behing the leaders before pitting, it ended up being a lap or so ahead of everyone because they had to queue up before leaving the pits... is this the race you were refering to? In anycase, there was no footage of any Lancia crashes or any real crashes for that matter, so no luck in seeing certain spectators diving for cover....