Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 May 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3820436)   #51
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brawn needs to stop playing Ed brown and move!
Old 6 May 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3820439)   #52
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Colin Braun has absolutely ruined the lead battle.
Old 6 May 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3820442)   #53
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bummer for the 55....
Old 6 May 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3820443)   #54
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
The lead lights now count pit time?i didn't notice that at long beach
Old 6 May 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3820444)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Only works on some cars, and sometimes it resets during the stop. I think it's work in progress.
Old 6 May 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3820448)   #56
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Wec lmp2=imsa's new lmpc
Old 6 May 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3820452)   #57
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes. I could be wrong, but I think they're using the technology for that as IndyCar.
Old 6 May 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3820458)   #58
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Wec lmp2=imsa's new lmpc
Except that the fast lap of the race was set by Stephen Simpson in the #99 Oreca. A lot of the difference in performance between the DPis and P2s comes down to team and especially driver quality.
Old 6 May 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3820459)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Good win for the Acura. Finally Lexus got a win in GTD! Porsche held on too, I thought the BMW would get to him before the end.
Old 6 May 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3820460)   #60
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Good race,no fcy's,and proper racing!

Congrats to Penske Acura,Porsche gt, and LEXUS 3GT.

Biggest noob of the race...Collin Braun....for getting in the way of the lead DP-I.oh well the Acura was the better car that was able to get around,the Mazdas will have their day.Detroit should be a good one for the Cadillacs.

Thanks for the stream deggis.
Old 7 May 2018, 02:03 (Ref:3820498)   #61
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just watched the race. What happened with the BoP ???!!! from a race to another, we lost entire teams.

I have the feeling that the cars losing laps were paying back in some way, because Braun and even Derani have put resistance out of limit.

Good for Acura and Mazda, good for Lexus too.
Old 7 May 2018, 02:17 (Ref:3820500)   #62
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Some cars are better at some circuits than others,some teams are better than others and have got their cars sorted (Penske & joest).some teams just used the wrong set up or a set up that faded away waiting for the rain that never came.a good race through out,expect the Cadillacs to come to life in Detroit.
Old 7 May 2018, 02:37 (Ref:3820503)   #63
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Some cars are better at some circuits than others,some teams are better than others and have got their cars sorted (Penske & joest).some teams just used the wrong set up or a set up that faded away waiting for the rain that never came.a good race through out,expect the Cadillacs to come to life in Detroit.
I consider that too, but I'll believe it when the BoP stay the same from race to the other.
Old 7 May 2018, 02:41 (Ref:3820504)   #64
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
It's a BoP formula, you know in advance there are some races where it will simply be impossible to be competitive. And you know it will almost always be the race after you do well...
Old 7 May 2018, 02:48 (Ref:3820506)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I just watched the race. What happened with the BoP ???!!! from a race to another, we lost entire teams.

I have the feeling that the cars losing laps were paying back in some way, because Braun and even Derani have put resistance out of limit.

Good for Acura and Mazda, good for Lexus too.
I had to watch on delay as well. Which meant I couldn't follow T&S or listen to RLM. I thoroughly enjoyed the race and thought the Fox team actually did a good job with the production. I didn't find the commercials overbearing and ithought the announcers were pretty good as well. There were a couple funny parts too,like how they missed the drop off the green flag because they still had the starting grid graphics on the screen, and when they interviewed Cooper Macneil and we're giving him a hard time about flying on a private jet instead of commercial.

I was pretty surprised by the pace of the Acuras and Mazdas compared to the rest of the field. The caddy's and Nissans were in good balance with the P2 cars though. I was really impressed with the Ligier, they were the top P2, and easily beat the Nissan DPi's that use the same chassis. I still would like to know what happened to the 55 Mazda. They seemed to be going good but apparently had contact with a gtd car causing suspension damage, but I never saw a replay of the incident.

The GT classes were pretty dang good all day too. Glad to see Lexus finally get a win, but they just barely held on at the end with the charging Acura.

Having a race with no yellows was a big plus today. Even though lots of drivers said other drivers were being disrespectful today, everyone kept their wits and there wasn't any carnage. Top job by the drivers.
Old 7 May 2018, 03:32 (Ref:3820508)   #66
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'll be waiting for the replay to show up on the IMSA channel online. That will also give me a chance to see what some people were commenting about regarding those dreaded three letters (BoP).

Yeah, it seems like maybe the Acuras and Mazdas have better handling. Mid Ohio lacks any ultra-low-speed corners that would allow the Cadillacs to really show off their torque. It also doesn't have an abundance of longs straightaways, which the Nissans generally seem to prefer.

I've been looking at some historical stuff again lately, so all the comments about different cars suiting different types of tracks had me thinking about the absurd, by modern standards, range of courses on the 1967 World Sportscar Championship slate. (Le Mans was only the 4th longest circuit on the schedule that year.)
Old 7 May 2018, 06:21 (Ref:3820521)   #67
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Dang I just watched the replay on fs1,what a farce! Thank you deggis for the link today,I'll buy you a beer if you ever go to long beach or Laguna seca!

Fs coverage is horrible,missed so much stuff and soo many commercials.gawd I hope NBC sports is better next year.
Old 7 May 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3820558)   #68
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Fs coverage is horrible,missed so much stuff and soo many commercials.gawd I hope NBC sports is better next year.
Commercial-wise, they won't. Which isn't surprising since FS1/2, despite the assertions of FAR too many people, isn't actually any worse than it's ever been before in this regard. It was just as bad in the Speed days, and the Speedvision days, and all the days before it.

The FCC actually regulates the maximum time a broadcast can dedicate to commercials - and it has not changed for at least 20 years(IIRC, they can have 1 minute of commercials for every 2.6 minutes of programming). Nearly every broadcast in the US bumps up against this limit - one of the most notable exceptions, the NFL, actually PAYS the FCC for permission to exceed the limit at will - and they still rarely exceed it by a huge amount.
Old 7 May 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3820596)   #69
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
FCC? Full Course Commercial?
Old 7 May 2018, 21:36 (Ref:3820679)   #70
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nice interview to Van der Zande

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...rning-moments/
Old 8 May 2018, 02:14 (Ref:3820712)   #71
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
He is a good driver and seems to be a good person too.
Old 9 May 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3821068)   #72
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
My thoughts on Mid Ohio:

1. Great that the race was safety car free. I think it is the first race with all the classes where this happened in 4 years.

2. GTLM was great as usual. Porsche gets wins from the IMSA team as the wEC group still can't get the job done. 4 makes in the top 4. Which is cool too. Quiet race for Corvette and Ford though, even though they battled hard for 3rd place all race long.

3. CastroNeves and Montoya have things dialed in now. They are top quality and look for the Penske cars to be reliable from this point on. I think Penske wins the majority of the races for the rest of the year.

4. ESM Nissan is either on it and winning or are way off. This race they got in trouble and were in the back fighting with the LMP2 cars.

5. Cadillac in no mans land today eh? #31 especially was bad.

6. I had a feeling that Parente/Legge was going to give the Lexus a run. You can't park this Acura NSX as long as they are in title contention. I feel they will get to Detroit, but the first bad run the #86 has they might be parked.

7. Mercedes needs BoP help!!!