Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Jan 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1206277)   #1
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSV plans for Cadwell Park?

Item on local TV news here this morning says JP has plans to develop Cadwell to allow 'big time' car racing. Anyone seen any details of this?
Old 21 Jan 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1206288)   #2
Barbazza
Racer

Barbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBarbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was at an MSV presentation with Palmer yesterday at Cadwell and presume this is where the story was from. I don't recall him saying that - if anything, I'd have sworn he said the opposite, that Cadwell will continue to be a good club racing and track day venue. He's going to put in a fair bit of money to tidy it up and improve a few run-off areas but I got the impression that was mainly down to satisfying British Superbike demands.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1206289)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the BBC Lincolnshire site.

Sporting Lincs
After the disappointment of being knocked out of the FA Cup, it's back to the league for Boston United against Swansea - we'll look ahead to that and also to the local derby between Lincoln City and Grimsby Town. Plus a look at exciting new developments for the Cadwell Park racing circuit near Louth. All that and much more in Sporting Lincs at 6pm on Friday night on BBC Radio Lincolnshire - 94.9FM.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1206295)   #4
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Limited Use for Sprints

Up until the run-off areas at the Hairpin and Barn were increased there was a ban on over two litre racing and sports libre cars running in Sprints at Cadwell Park. I understand that this ban has been lifted. I also understand that Auto 66 are running a sprint in October at Cadwell and hope they will include these two classes. The British Sprint Championship would dearly love to go back to Cadwell Park as it is one of the more charismatic race circuits.

My understanding of the direction MSV are taking with ALL their venues is that they want to maximise use. This will NOT mean the phasing out of Club Events far from it. I suspect they would like more clubs to use their facilites. Where venues currently have a limit on 'competetive' days I suspect MSV will be looking to change this.

However the downside is that in the long term if venues increase in popularity there will be a chance of the prices for the clubs rising dramatically. Fingers crossed they don't.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1206396)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The upside of course is that the more club events they run the better the organisation becomes and thus the easier it wiould be to arrange an international event. Not suggesting this is the plan but it makes a bit of sense to maximise these circuits.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1206445)   #6
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fingers crossed they don't plan to widen it.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1206450)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why not? Three into the mountain instead of two would be even more entertaining.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1206494)   #8
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Costly Mistake?

I suspect something as costly as widening the track would not be on MSV's To Do List.

The last thing they would want to do is spend a lot of money without some sort of guaranteed return.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1206503)   #9
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I read somewhere that JP wanted F3 back at Cadwell!

Last edited by graeme; 21 Jan 2005 at 16:03.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1206513)   #10
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish they would get rid of the grass in the paddock, makes life very hard for bikes and single seaters. Hard standing please Mr. P.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1206514)   #11
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Longer report on lunchtime 'Look North' including interview with JP. He said they were looking at widening the circuit to allow over 2 litre cars and hoped to get the BTCC.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1206522)   #12
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMS
I wish they would get rid of the grass in the paddock, makes life very hard for bikes and single seaters. Hard standing please Mr. P.
Sorry,but when I first visited Oulton Park in 1961 for the Gold Cup,even F1 made do with a grass paddock-thats what the word means after all?