Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Mar 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4038991)   #2476
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
The Astra and CCs wrere the original chassis from when they first entered the BTCC. The title winning q50s were brand new 2020 designs built and designed by Hexathron. Very different examples to the ones built by Derek Palmer. Not simply updated. It's costly redesign a car from a blank sheet of paper. PMR don't have that kind of money or they would have ran last year as normal.
Or they didn't have the money to rebuild the cars (as they said they would all along) and run a season with reduced sponsorship.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4038994)   #2477
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
The Astra and CCs wrere the original chassis from when they first entered the BTCC. The title winning q50s were brand new 2020 designs built and designed by Hexathron. Very different examples to the ones built by Derek Palmer. Not simply updated. It's costly redesign a car from a blank sheet of paper. PMR don't have that kind of money or they would have ran last year as normal.
Yes - I understand that, as I explained previously

My point/query was - If BMR/Laser were able to take an existing model on the grid that had been around a few years, and turn it into a title-winning car - why could a team not do the same with the VW CC (as a model not the actual chassis')?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4038998)   #2478
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - I understand that, as I explained previously

My point/query was - If BMR/Laser were able to take an existing model on the grid that had been around a few years, and turn it into a title-winning car - why could a team not do the same with the VW CC (as a model not the actual chassis')?
The CC is only eligible until the end of 2021 so no point building a new one
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4039002)   #2479
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyknight View Post
Bushell is gonna be in the minis this year, just posted it on his Instagram
Good for him. He'll be in the mix I'm sure and hopefully back in the BTCC soon.

Shame that there's no MINI graduates in the BTCC this year.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4039010)   #2480
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Shedden coming back to Team Dynamics is the teams way of ensuring they are on the grid at Knockhill after Nicola Sturgeon declares Scottish Independence.

Aidan Moffatt is the passport holder for Laser Tools Racing. Expect to see more Scottish racers in the BTCC in next few years.

Interesting to read the last line of the article about Shedden on Touring Car Times:-

"It is however expected that Dynamics will feature an all-new line-up for 2021."

So it is goodbye and thank you to Matt Neal as a driver.
I have a sneaking suspicion it will still be a Neal in the car just not Matt. I mean who better to learn from than another 3x champion?

I personally will find it a huge shame to not have Matt Neal on the grid. 30 years is something to be very proud of in btcc and the majority of that driving for his family team. Hopefully if he does retire they make a slight fuss over it because bowing out so quietly doesn't seem right
Old 5 Mar 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4039017)   #2481
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
If Dynamics decided to take Shedden instead of Cammish then that's not a very good decision.
They didn't.
Shedden was always going to be in the car that was unveiled today.
Later this month we will find out who is in the other car.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4039023)   #2482
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish and Shedden would have been a great pearing

I guess Cammish had a few sponsorship problems. Shedden has a lot of sponsors and don’t forget he has the experience and championships which has to make getting backing easier.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4039024)   #2483
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTCC fans are an odd bunch. So many posts on social media moaning about Shedden getting a drive when he's already had a go. The guy is a multiple champion that the team know extremely well. Why on earth wouldn't they sign him?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4039032)   #2484
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it odd that TOCA haven't reported the return of Sheddon. I mean, it's not as though it's just a rumour; Matt Neal has confirmed it in an Autosport article on their website.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4039035)   #2485
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Good to see flash back, he will be up the sharp end hopefully.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4039039)   #2486
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be interesting to see him dueling against Rory Butcher
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4039043)   #2487
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I find it odd that TOCA haven't reported the return of Sheddon. I mean, it's not as though it's just a rumour; Matt Neal has confirmed it in an Autosport article on their website.
It was all over the official BTCC social media from midday today.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4039047)   #2488
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
It was all over the official BTCC social media from midday today.

Well, it's still not on the TOCA (BTCC's official) website at the present moment. And that is still considered to be social media.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4039049)   #2489
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, it's still not on the TOCA (BTCC's official) website at the present moment. And that is still considered to be social media.
Posted at mid-day - http://www.btcc.net/2021/03/05/flash-is-back/
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4039056)   #2490
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
BTCC fans are an odd bunch. So many posts on social media moaning about Shedden getting a drive when he's already had a go. The guy is a multiple champion that the team know extremely well. Why on earth wouldn't they sign him?
Because they think of it as entertainment before business, not the other way round.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4039058)   #2491
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
My apologies. I was logging directly on to the News page which has yet to be updated. I've now reset it to the Home page.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4039062)   #2492
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
My apologies. I was logging directly on to the News page which has yet to be updated. I've now reset it to the Home page.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 03:07 (Ref:4039126)   #2493
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully Sheddon will pick up a few wins at Donnington.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4039145)   #2494
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well he should be strong from the word go. Very surprised if he's not a title contender this year
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4039154)   #2495
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Hopefully Sheddon will pick up a few wins at Donnington.
Very good!
Old 6 Mar 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4039181)   #2496
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is six of one and half a dozen of the other as in it's great to have Flash back but a bummer to lose Cammish. Rowbottom for the 2nd seat methinks....
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4039233)   #2497
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Matt Neal

Just thinking out loud here but if Matt Neal doesn't actually drive this year, what are the chances of TOCA offering him the job of Driving Standards Steward?
That'd be an epic case of poacher turned gamekeeper!
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4039235)   #2498
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just thinking out loud here but if Matt Neal doesn't actually drive this year, what are the chances of TOCA offering him the job of Driving Standards Steward?
That'd be an epic case of poacher turned gamekeeper!
Pretty small chance because they’ve already hired James Cole
Old 6 Mar 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4039244)   #2499
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
So does Shedden bring in sponsorship that Cammish doesn't? Just trying to get my head around this decision at Team Dynamics.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4039247)   #2500
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So does Shedden bring in sponsorship that Cammish doesn't? Just trying to get my head around this decision at Team Dynamics.
Even if he's not directly bringing sponsorship I would have thought he is a big enough 'name' to attract more than Cammish.