Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2842852)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, I can't see at all !
Old 9 Mar 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2842871)   #77
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
No, I can't see at all !
Well, I wouldn't go anywhere near that silver box if I were you.

Hamilton says: "My car is a heap of crap" (reading between the lines).

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89828

Last edited by Marbot; 9 Mar 2011 at 18:37.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2842998)   #78
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Well, I wouldn't go anywhere near that silver box if I were you.

Hamilton says: "My car is a heap of crap" (reading between the lines).

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89828
The box looked like it was deliberately left on it's own fenced off- bit like a bomb awaiting the disposal team!

Is lewis talking about one of his AMG's again?
Old 11 Mar 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2843881)   #79
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF just drove the fastest lap of the week
Old 11 Mar 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2843890)   #80
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More than that, Schumacher set the fastest time of pre season testing at Barcelona, by 5 tenths of a second. It will be interesting to see if anyone tries to post a lap time to better that, one thing is for sure though, Schumacher could well be a force to be reckoned with once again this season. IMO.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2843893)   #81
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
But for all the other sessions they've looked someway off.

I think it's a combination between Mercedes bringing a few new parts along, and using fresh tyres/low fuel qually run.

I don't think we'll see the Merc infront of the Red Bulls or Ferrari's by any means.

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2843898)   #82
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few new parts? The Mercedes has had a signifcant upgrade in terms of areodynamic grip. Yes the car has been some way off in the other sessions, but thats because the team has been going for reliabilty rather than pace up until now. I dont recall reading that Mercedes was going for short 1-3 lap runs before today, unlike Red Bull and Ferrari. I remember Ross Brawn saying something about the car having to run a different cooling system before which was costing the car a signifcant drop off in pace, now the solution to that problem is on the car along with the other parts and it clearly shows.

Will the car be on the pace of Ferrari and Red Bull? Well im a gambling man and I would think Schumacher would certainly be a good bet for a podium finish at least in Melbourne at the moment. Also, didnt Schumacher finish on top at testing at Valencia in Feburary? His pace at the moment shouldnt be entirely suprising.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2843945)   #83
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGFs current time is 1:21.268 on soft tyres while Alonso did 1:21.614 on super soft tyres so far
Old 11 Mar 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2844095)   #84
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When the flag drops (ok when the lights go out) the bull**** will stop.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2844096)   #85
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Even qualifying will give us a good, real indicator, I reakon.

Cannot wait!

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2011, 18:35 (Ref:2844117)   #86
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic ! Testing is amazing !
Old 11 Mar 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2844274)   #87
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
A few new parts? The Mercedes has had a signifcant upgrade in terms of areodynamic grip. Yes the car has been some way off in the other sessions, but thats because the team has been going for reliabilty rather than pace up until now. I dont recall reading that Mercedes was going for short 1-3 lap runs before today, unlike Red Bull and Ferrari. I remember Ross Brawn saying something about the car having to run a different cooling system before which was costing the car a signifcant drop off in pace, now the solution to that problem is on the car along with the other parts and it clearly shows.

Will the car be on the pace of Ferrari and Red Bull? Well im a gambling man and I would think Schumacher would certainly be a good bet for a podium finish at least in Melbourne at the moment. Also, didnt Schumacher finish on top at testing at Valencia in Feburary? His pace at the moment shouldnt be entirely suprising.
Schumacher will be lucky to finish in the top five in melbourne, the only way he'll get on the podium is through attrition. He's the same age as me and even though I have a super healthy diet, run and swim 20km a week and do gym 4 times - I ache and creak and twinge with old age
Old 11 Mar 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2844284)   #88
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
Schumacher will be lucky to finish in the top five in melbourne, the only way he'll get on the podium is through attrition. He's the same age as me and even though I have a super healthy diet, run and swim 20km a week and do gym 4 times - I ache and creak and twinge with old age
Another armchair f1 expert
Old 12 Mar 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2844290)   #89
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Another armchair f1 expert
Another po-faced forum user who can't take a joke?
Old 15 Mar 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2846543)   #90
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
Another po-faced forum user who can't take a joke?
Indeed you are !
Old 15 Mar 2011, 23:35 (Ref:2846551)   #91
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
More than that, Schumacher set the fastest time of pre season testing at Barcelona, by 5 tenths of a second. It will be interesting to see if anyone tries to post a lap time to better that, one thing is for sure though, Schumacher could well be a force to be reckoned with once again this season. IMO.

I am not going to say I told.......
Old 16 Mar 2011, 04:37 (Ref:2846603)   #92
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pre season testing times means nothing tho, as teams can run whatever configs they like, configs that would be illegal for actual racing. That said, I have much higher hopes for Merc this season compared to last season since they actually had money to develop a car this time around compared to last year when Brawn was totally cash strapped, without the funds to develop a 2010 contender.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2847374)   #93
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How would running illegal configurations in testing be relevant, or even helpful in developing the car?
That just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:09 (Ref:2847595)   #94
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ASCII - to lure in potential sponsors, I guess?

I put £20 on Scheuy for the WDC this year ar 20:1 before Christmas. Fingers crossed...