Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 29 Dec 2000, 21:16 (Ref:54757)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While wandering past a model shop in the Trafford Centre today I noticed that they had a couple of Onyx BTCC 1999 models - obviously the unpopular ones left. They had one for Matt Neal (lets hope Woody doesn't come in here and read that comment) and then the world's entire supply of unsold Russell Spence Lagunas were sat forlornly upon the shelves and it was these that caught my attention. You see according to Onyx, the Laguna was being driven by Russel Spence. Nice to know that he made such a big impact that the model makers can't even be bothered to spell his name right.

Anyway, personally I think that any model of Spence's Laguna should be mounted upon a fence in the same way that the car itself ended up at Oulton Park
Old 30 Dec 2000, 03:06 (Ref:54882)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onyx never took very much care of their products.
A friend of mine has an Onyx 1998 Porsche GT1 LeMans driven by Bob Wolleck (Wollek).
He also has a Mobil Porsche 911 GT1 where the driver's name is Uwe Alezen (Alzen).
And I've seen a model of an Arrows-Hart FA16 driven by Taki Inove (Inoue).
Old 30 Dec 2000, 11:54 (Ref:54915)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My Jarno Trulli Minardi which turned up yesterday and was made by Onyx is a bit manky, but the Herbert Sauber which accompanied it was very good. Still, can't complain for £5 for the pair of them.

Oh, and the reason I never bought a Luca Badoer '99 Minardi - it says 'Italian Driver', not his name... Hmmmm.