Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2010, 04:19 (Ref:2796307)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Well Ricciardo is STR's 3rd driver next year and will get Friday outings aswell as doing WSR. So a slight reprieve for Buemi but heaven help either of them if Ricciardo is faster on the Fridays and they have a bad start to the season...
I think in particular Buemi needs to be very careful as to what he eats on a Friday night. STR seems it may be prone to sudden 24 hour outbreaks of 'food poisoning'.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:24 (Ref:2797492)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Best scenario: get Heidfeld and Hulkenberg
It amazes me how many people keep wanting to see Heidfeld back, despite basiclly 10 years of nothingness.

I personally would go for Hulkenberg and Di Resta.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2797523)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nick is one of those deceptive drivers, quicker than he looks and indeed better than he is seen by others, or so I believe.

He has only been beaten by one teamate (HHF at Jordan) during his career.

Nick Heidfeld comparison to career teamates:

2001 Sauber: Nick beat Kimi Raikkonen
2002 Sauber: Beat Massa
2003 Sauber: beaten narrowly by HHF
2004 Jordan: beat a combination of Glock and Pantano at Jordan
2005: Williams: Beat Mark Webber (more points podiums and a Pole position) up to when Nick was ousted by Williams because of his BMW alignment
2006 BMW: Beat JV up to his departure, and then beat Kubica over the final races after JV was fired.
2007 BMW: Beat Kubica easily (61-39pts and 2 podiums to none)
2008: BMW: Narrowly beaten by Kubica. NB.... Kubica inherited the Canada win from Heidfeld thanks to Team Orders. Heidfeld allowed Kubica to pass him easily when he was leading the race but on a heavy fuel load and Kubica was light. The pass was given instantly the moment Thiessen requested it, Had Nick not been so generous and swift he would have won the race.
2009 BMW: Beat Kubica. narrowly.

In all their time together at BMW Nick scored more points 8 podiums ( 6 x 2nd place 2 x 3rd) Without the win of Kubica they had the same number of podiums at 8 each. However of those Heidfeld had more second places. (6x 2nd and 2 x 3rd, Kubica was the reverse, 6x 3rd 2x 2nd)

He is also the most consistent driver in the history of F1, by a considerable number of events. He got the car to the finish to be classified in 42 consecutive races, his record ruined by a braindead Sutil spin turning into the approaching Heidfeld at Singapore 2008.
(Nico Rosberg is second highest with 27, his run terminated by a broken gearbox DNF.
MS third on 24, crashing out of his 25th.)

I admit Nick is not the quickest driver is the world, but he is technically very good in the driver > engineer communication and developing a car, and being so dependable often comes in under the radar. He is a bit too quiet in temperament and perhaps not mouthy enough.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2797526)   #29
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
It amazes me how many people keep wanting to see Heidfeld back, despite basiclly 10 years of nothingness.

He did pretty much equal Kubica at BMW, and people are praising Kubica so it kinda makes sense that they want Quick Nick back imo
Old 30 Nov 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2797527)   #30
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post

Check your statistics on that one. Remember, Nick was there or there abouts point wise on the level of Kubica, who most people rant and rave about so much. Remember also, that Heidfeld MOVED OVER in Canada '08 to let Kubica win.

F1 claims to have the best drivers in the world racing, so let's see it. Personally, I don't see the fuss about di Resta. In free practice, he did nothing to show me he's a future star, and, in fact, I think most the times the regular drivers posted quicker times than him.

What amazes ME is how many people fail to recognise the facts. Just because he's not your favourite doesn't mean he's not good.

EDIT: I agree with the two previous posts completely.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2797610)   #31
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
The problem with Heidfeld is that he's incredibly unspectacular. The fact he doesn't seem to have too much of a strong personality doesn't help, either.

But when you look past that and look at the things that matter, you realise he's a fine pair of hands.

But personally, I think a German and a popular Indian would work quite well...

Sutil & Chandhok for me. It'd be good to see what Karun could do, and it'd certainly put an end to this whole 'is he good just because he's popular?' debate.

Saying that, they seem to be warming di Resta up, and winning the DTM couldn't have hurt his chances... di Resta and Chandhok could be good fun, but it seems a little risky on paper.

Selby
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2797777)   #32
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport is reporting this preliminary entry list:

Red Bull Racing

1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Mark Webber

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

3. Jenson Button
4. Lewis Hamilton

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

5. Fernando Alonso
6. Felipe Massa

Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team

7. Michael Schumacher
8. Nico Rosberg

Renault F1 Team

9. Robert Kubica
10. TBA

AT&T Williams

11. Rubens Barrichello
12. TBA

Force India F1 Team

14. TBA
15. TBA

Sauber F1 Team

16. Kamui Kobayashi
17. Sergio Perez

Scuderia Toro Rosso

18. TBA
19. TBA

Team Lotus

20. Jarno Trulli
21. Heikki Kovalainen

HRT F1 Team

22. TBA
23. TBA

Marussia Virgin Racing

24. TBA
25. TBA
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2797780)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bruno Senna: negotiations failed with Lotus.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2797788)   #34
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Aleshin an announcement about his F1 involvement for next year is 'imminent':
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/165312/...d_f1_deal.html

The pressure on Buemi and Alguersuari, and ironically on Ricciardo, increases yet again:
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/165313/...f1_winner.html
Old 30 Nov 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2797802)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
And Trulli is indeed continuing with 'Lotus.'

Not sure why that is the case, but anyhow....
Old 30 Nov 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2797814)   #36
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No love for Sutil here? He did very well this year under the radar - same number of points as Rubens and beat his team mate regularly

And Liuzzi does have a contract

Unlikely that the Force India line-up will change, but if it does, di Resta will come in. I think Hulkenberg's a red herring and Heidfeld's (unfortunately) probably finished
Old 30 Nov 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2797840)   #37
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure about FI's lineup - almost everyone is certain that Sutil will be staying (only one or two doubting websites in that regard - one, and I can't remember which had Sutil going to Merc as their third driver!) but most sites are split about whether Liuzzi, Di Resta, or now Hulk will get the other seat. But most that I've seen still seem to reckon that Di Resta is likely to step up.

I'd love for both Di Resta and Hulk to be in F1 next year, why not both at FI
Old 30 Nov 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2797841)   #38
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boullier has said he doesn't want a rookie alongside Kubica anymore. Imo, Sutil and Hülkenberg are favourites for the second Renault seat, which would enable di Resta to sign with Force India.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 23:41 (Ref:2797902)   #39
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't rule out Sutil at Williams. If Williams wanted Maldonado they probably would have signed him by now.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2797921)   #40
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaffer View Post
Boullier has said he doesn't want a rookie alongside Kubica anymore.
Petrov is no rookie next season. I can't see him being replaced.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2797998)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
That's a shame, because he is much better than his performances this year in the HRT have suggested and that has changed peoples' perception of him.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2798057)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbe View Post
Petrov is no rookie next season. I can't see him being replaced.
It all depends on what money comes from the Lotus angle I guess. If Genii/Enstone can raise enough money through any deal coming up to do without Petrov, then they will sign someone else i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
That's a shame, because he is much better than his performances this year in the HRT have suggested and that has changed peoples' perception of him.
Yes he bloody is, I hope we haven't seen the last of Bruno in F1 for the moment?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2798164)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
god on earth, they've confirmed maldonado in a williams seat for 2011. that's it, the apocalypse is nigh.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2798172)   #44
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And so are some hefty repair bills for Sir Frank.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2798278)   #45
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say wait and see on the gp2 champion but at least that is another seat filled.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2798298)   #46
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointed by William's decision really. As I've said before, I find it funny for a driver who's essentially been part of the team for a couple of years now and who destroyed Maldonado in GP2 in 2009, has been dropped from the team just because somebody has a bigger bank balance than him.

Shame on you Williams.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2798299)   #47
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Planet F1's article about Maldonado at Williams:
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/65...-For-Williiams
Interestingly, about half way down, they say that Hulk is expected at FI next year, with either Sutil or Liuzzi to make way - so no seat for Di Resta after all?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2798349)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I say wait and see on the gp2 champion but at least that is another seat filled.
no need. his performance at monza and abu dhabi in the gp2 races should have told you all you needed to know about him.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2798358)   #49
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Shame on you Williams.
Because they've selected a driver with backing? Shame on almost every team in motorsport history then.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2798434)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Nick Heidfeld comparison to career teamates:

2001 Sauber: Nick beat Kimi Raikkonen

2002 Sauber: Beat Massa
2003 Sauber: beaten narrowly by HHF
2004 Jordan: beat a combination of Glock and Pantano at Jordan
2005: Williams: Beat Mark Webber (more points podiums and a Pole position) up to when Nick was ousted by Williams because of his BMW alignment
2006 BMW: Beat JV up to his departure, and then beat Kubica over the final races after JV was fired.
2007 BMW: Beat Kubica easily (61-39pts and 2 podiums to none)
2008: BMW: Narrowly beaten by Kubica. NB.... Kubica inherited the Canada win from Heidfeld thanks to Team Orders. Heidfeld allowed Kubica to pass him easily when he was leading the race but on a heavy fuel load and Kubica was light. The pass was given instantly the moment Thiessen requested it, Had Nick not been so generous and swift he would have won the race.
2009 BMW: Beat Kubica. narrowly.
2001 Kimi was the rookie, yet got the McLaren seat.
2002 Massa - rookie
2003 beaten by a more experienced team mate
2004 Glock and Pantano rookies
2005 agree that he did a better job than Webber
2006 agree that he did a better job than Villeneuve, Kubica rookie
2007 Kubica still classed as a rookie imo
2008 lost out once Kubica gained momentum
2009 fair play, narrowly beat Kubica

But to be fair, he's hardly set the world alight.