Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2796153)   #1
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "putting your money where your mouth is" thread

Anyone else having a flutter on 2011 yet? Not a hge number of markets available - only WDC and WCC so far.

I've just stuck £20 on Schumacher for WDC at 20/1.

Anyone else going to have a punt on anything?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2796172)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, Schumi winning the championship next year, interesting. I don't think that will happen. He might win races next year I think and then possibly go for the championship the following year.

Anyway my prediction for next year. I think Alonso will win it. Becoming the youngest ever triple world champion. With maybe Red Bull taking the constructor's title.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2796333)   #3
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Oreti kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am putting my money $100nzd on Alonso but do like the thought of Schumi so may have to have a side bet as well.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2797148)   #4
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I reckon Mclaren and Hamilton might be worth a punt. They already have a effective KERS system, and *if* they get the aero right now that the DDD is banned, that should give them the fastest car.

Unless Newey comes up with another car like this year.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2797253)   #5
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have no idea who will win (most likely be one of Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton) but I can safely say who won't win

One of those is Mercedes. Can't see them doing it. We've seen it a few times before that a team has ended the season well, and generally they haven't carried the momentum through to next year - see Honda in 2007 and Renault in 2009
Old 30 Nov 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2797420)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I have a hunch that Mercedes could be more of a force next year. This year's car at least seemed to work well with the new Pirellis and, from what I hear, Ross Brawn is carrying out a root and branch reconstruction of the team that well give them the edge over a 20 race season, but we shall see.

Otherwise I agree - Vettel, Alonso or Hamilton.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:02 (Ref:2797479)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we are going to see a stronger more complete Seb Vettel next year. He will take the WDC.

Red Bull wont have the same car advantage under next years rules as they have this.

Im hoping for a Ferrari "burn in hell" year. Actually that is more on the whingeing whining Spanish part of Marinello. Massa beating Alonso would be a wonderful thing to me.

Chris Dyer will change position in the management structure. It will be a sideways move.

Rosberg will maintain a small advantage over the Kerpen Cobbler.

Lotus will score a championship point in the first half, likely under an aka. Mike Gascoyne will not leave, and indeed will celebrate his second longest ever spell with a team.

Sauber BMW will next year be known as Panasonic Sauber.

Those are a few of my 'Will Wish and Hope' file.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:18 (Ref:2797488)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I predict the following..............

Seb Vettel will win if Red Bull is the car to beat.

Lewis Hamilton will win if the McLaren is the car to beat.

Fernando Alonso will win if the Ferrari is the car to beat.

At an outside bet......

Robert Kubica will win if Renault is the car to beat.

Nico Rosberg will win if the Mercades is the car to beat.

In all of the above, the respective team mates won't win.

(I'm talking about the title here)
Old 5 Dec 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2799880)   #9
Ingsy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I have no idea who will win (most likely be one of Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton) but I can safely say who won't win

One of those is Mercedes. Can't see them doing it. We've seen it a few times before that a team has ended the season well, and generally they haven't carried the momentum through to next year - see Honda in 2007 and Renault in 2009

Didn't they say they were stopping work on thus years car a bit earlier than normal to concentrate on next year though?
Old 5 Dec 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2799957)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's much less of a benefit from that for next year, though, because the rules aren't far off the same as they were this year
Old 5 Dec 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2800116)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is too early to start putting money on this sort of thing, but if Sauber produce a better car, Kamui Kobayashi for WDC top ten, and Lotus could sneak a WCC 9th, possibly.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2847596)   #12
Ingsy
Racer

Anyone had a change of thoughts, now testing is done?
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2847614)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel, Alonso, Ham...err...Schumacher.

Actually, I think that this season the choice is going to be much wider than that.

Mainly because:

"And that huge drop-off, you will have to avoid it during any of your stints. And it will be a driver dependent decision, not a team dependent one.

"You will have to tell the team over the radio that the tyres have gone off and that you are going in. This will be interesting - as it will not just be a matter of engineers looking at a screen to pit you in."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89988

Last edited by Marbot; 17 Mar 2011 at 17:48. Reason: Experienced huge 'drop-off'
Old 18 Mar 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2848421)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Formula 1 is full of gossip and intrigue and you never know quite what to believe, but I heard a couple of things last night that made my eyes open wide. The first is that some insiders think Red Bull have not run with KERS yet because they have been having a few problems. If that's true, God help the rest if they get it right. I know Adrian Newey was totally opposed to the whole KERS concept last time around because he felt it was potentially hazardous.

The second thing was that most of McLaren's lack of pace pre-season has been down to a failure to get their complicated exhaust system to work. However, some time after the Barcelona test ended they stuck their latest version of it on the car and Jenson tried it on the simulator. He went a second a lap quicker! These things are not infallible, but McLaren's simulator is the best there is, so they might surprise in Melbourne.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 11:33 (Ref:2850509)   #15
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Vettel, Red Bull probably will win it a bit more decisively this time. Ferrari will be in a similiar situation to last year. Mercedes should be in striking range of a victory or two. I don't really rate McLaren, atm. They seem to be struggling.

I don't see any huge changes in the order. Mercedes will move up. Though Team Lotus will move up the grid and snap at the heels of Renault which should be interesting.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2850713)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
The second thing was that most of McLaren's lack of pace pre-season has been down to a failure to get their complicated exhaust system to work. However, some time after the Barcelona test ended they stuck their latest version of it on the car and Jenson tried it on the simulator. He went a second a lap quicker! These things are not infallible, but McLaren's simulator is the best there is, so they might surprise in Melbourne.
You read it here first! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90078
Old 21 Mar 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2850743)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well that is good news. Although it does make you wonder what McLaren are playing at some times. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a post-testing upgrade got binned because it didn't measure up on the track.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2850746)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I don't think McLaren know what they are playing at some times!
Old 21 Mar 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2850881)   #19
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is already an "official predictions" thread folks, I think the OP intended this to be for people actually putting on bets. Put your money where your mouth is, not just more hot air!

I've got $50 on Webber to win the championship
Old 22 Mar 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2851063)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post

I've got $50 on Webber to win the championship
I've got £10 on Webber to fall off a bike in August.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2851545)   #21
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I've got £10 on Webber to fall off a bike in August.
aw only 10? i guess the odds are pretty low
Old 25 Mar 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2853132)   #22
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy View Post
Anyone else having a flutter on 2011 yet? Not a hge number of markets available - only WDC and WCC so far.

I've just stuck £20 on Schumacher for WDC at 20/1.

Anyone else going to have a punt on anything?
Thats good value for MS now, I see him at 1 to 12 now everywhere. Might easily be under 1 to 10 after the weekend.

I dont like long-term bets but I could resist putting 2 euros on Quik-Nick, 162 euros is mine at the end of the season (unless he wins it a few races early of course)