Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 May 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3822759)   #26
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
New Campsite ? It just wasn't the same last year with the changes.

We haven't arranged anything yet, I think we still will go though.
La Suze by any chance?
Old 16 May 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3822763)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have a new to me car....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3822764)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Something small, economical and totally lacking ostentation, I assume.....?
Old 16 May 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3822768)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Have you seen the light and bought a small electric car? Or been sensible and purchased another real classic
Old 16 May 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3822810)   #30
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We have a newbie this year with us, does that count?
Old 16 May 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3822819)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't see why not!
Old 16 May 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3822869)   #32
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
La Suze by any chance?
Indeed, we have been located there for a long time now over the race week.
Old 16 May 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3822892)   #33
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Indeed, we have been located there for a long time now over the race week.
Yeah, I've been there since 2010, except 2011/12. Not so sure about the site now but I am giving it another go this year. I was considering the site at Spay, so maybe that's next year if this doesn't work out.

Maybe we should say hello!
Old 16 May 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3822901)   #34
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Yeah, I've been there since 2010, except 2011/12. Not so sure about the site now but I am giving it another go this year. I was considering the site at Spay, so maybe that's next year if this doesn't work out.

Maybe we should say hello!
The site was lacking that something last year, I don't think the new barriers and toilet/shower block arrangement helped ?

Yes for sure, we probably have bumped into one another in the past. I've been a bit slow in booking things up for this year, it's usually all done by now. I expect we will travel down on the Weds morning for a late afternoon arrival .

Returning to the thread title, I have a Sigma 150-600mm lens that I want to try out new for this year, does anyone know if the latest spectator area layout at Indianapolis/Arnage is any good for photos ? I haven't been out to there since it is has been altered.

Paul.

Last edited by Gilles lives!; 16 May 2018 at 19:34. Reason: Added info.
Old 16 May 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3822924)   #35
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be getting a new mattress, seems mine has lost the bung so it's more of a deflated mess. Other than that, shall be taking the same old stuff I never actually use half of.
Old 16 May 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3822933)   #36
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Of course not ....
Old 16 May 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3822935)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Have you seen the light and bought a small electric car? Or been sensible and purchased another real classic
It is a real classic, just may take a few years for people to realise it 👍
Old 17 May 2018, 05:37 (Ref:3822964)   #38
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
La Suze by any chance?
It was made clear last year that we weren't wanted any more. A great shame after something like fourteen years.

Not sure yet where we're moving to, but we certainly won't be at La Suze.
Old 17 May 2018, 06:16 (Ref:3822968)   #39
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:

Returning to the thread title, I have a Sigma 150-600mm lens that I want to try out new for this year, does anyone know if the latest spectator area layout at Indianapolis/Arnage is any good for photos ? I haven't been out to there since it is has been altered.

Paul.
Definitely worth a visit. The atmosphere is rather different (for the worse, in my opinion) with so many trees cleared but there are very good views.
Old 17 May 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3822971)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
It is a real classic, just may take a few years for people to realise it 👍

Got it. In Gulf blue as well.......
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat%20Multipla%20(9).jpg  
Old 17 May 2018, 06:47 (Ref:3822973)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Paul.
It's great. Yes, you're quite a way from the cars on the new bank, but I thought it was a brilliant addition bearing in mind that until it was changed you could shoot virtually nothing there. We were there for 2nd and 3rd qualifying last year and for 3-4 hours to dawn during the race. Try and be there for the very start of a session Listening to the cars coming all the way from Tertre Rouge around and then appearing from the right is a great moment. I have a new lens to try from there this year, a 100-400.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 May 2018 at 06:58.
Old 17 May 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3822979)   #42
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's great. Yes, you're quite a way from the cars on the new bank, but I thought it was a brilliant addition bearing in mind that until it was changed you could shoot virtually nothing there. We were there for 2nd and 3rd qualifying last year and for 3-4 hours to dawn during the race. Try and be there for the very start of a session Listening to the cars coming all the way from Tertre Rouge around and then appearing from the right is a great moment. I have a new lens to try from there this year, a 100-400.
Sure is!
Old 17 May 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3822994)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I had a sneaking feeling you might link that one James. It really sets the hairs tingling on the back of your neck, doesn't it?
Old 17 May 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3822995)   #44
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Almost forgot...also have a new lens with me this year, a Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens.
Tried it out in Spa and at home, looking very much forward to shoot with it at Le Mans.
It has been a long time since I was at Indianapolis/Arnage so might show up there this year.
Old 17 May 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3822996)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm guessing we'll be there probably for session 2 or 3 on Thursday evening as well as between about 2 pm and 5 am on Sunday morning.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3823047)   #46
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be there for the qualifying session on Thursday evening, complete with my camera gear. I was at the Mulsane corner for the same session last year, so can concur with the excitement felt for those opening few moments !
The 100-400 is a cracking lens, although I'm a Nikon owner, I've know a few guys who use it with excellent results. I've found photography over the weekend increasingly limited over the last few years and need to find something new. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcWWNbw
Old 17 May 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3823048)   #47
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Quote:
Definitely worth a visit. The atmosphere is rather different (for the worse, in my opinion) with so many trees cleared but there are very good views.
It is a beautiful location and I never tire of the walk over the bridge in the mornings.
Old 17 May 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3823049)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
The 100-400 is a cracking lens, although I'm a Nikon owner, I've know a few guys who use it with excellent results. I've found photography over the weekend increasingly limited over the last few years and need to find something new. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcWWNbw
I must admit I've been impressed with it already. I'm really looking forward to trying it out on some cars. My huge old Sigma zoom was such a deadweight to lug around.
Old 17 May 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3823072)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I had a sneaking feeling you might link that one James. It really sets the hairs tingling on the back of your neck, doesn't it?
It certainly does!

What appears to be impossible to capture on video there is the extraordinary deceleration of the prototypes under braking for Indianapolis, mind-blowing, especially during the hours of darkness, and as mesmerising as watching the hybrids catapult out of Arnage.
Old 17 May 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3823084)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, it's a shame that that part of the circuit between the farthest reachable point out of Mulsanne and the initial entry into the first right hander at Indianapolis isn't accessible...