Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2018, 00:14 (Ref:3832424)   #26
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I can tell you about an unfortunate place I have eaten at on every trip to Le Mans, McDonalds. Man, I NEVER go there here in the states, and it really is a double if not triple tragedy to do it in France. However, one way or another I have been to the one in Place de la republique on every visit. At first it was back in the day when it was absurdly expensive to get cellular service overseas, so it served it's purpose by having wifi. Then on the Sunday night after the race wanting a big coffee, then my dumb cousin just needed to have a greasy American burger the next year. Last year we arrived for Sunday scrutineering around 3 or 4pm and all of the proper restaurants were closed since it was between lunch and dinner, but we hadn't eaten since a croissant at breakfast time, so you know, the only thing that is always open is that damn McDonalds...

My buddy and I who I'd been with before agreed that now we need to make it a tradition. Maybe just get a small french fries (I mean they're French right??? ).
Old 22 Jun 2018, 06:20 (Ref:3832435)   #27
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McDonalds proved to be a life saver last Thursday.............finishing at 02.15 after Wednesday's action then back on track for 09.00 for Road to Le Mans practice meant that breakfast was largely skipped..........lunch was provided by a very nice factory team, regrettably their local chefs could not manage simple burgers, grossly undercooked and cold.....not for the first time.........but there you go, beggars cannot be choosers. RTLM race and and Q2/Q3 accounted for dinner time. Left the action early to send files from the hotel.......I was bloody starving and there was McDs on Avenue Georges Durand still serving. As an aside it is owned by either Julien Canal or his father......Wrestled with the touch screens that have replaced humans till I got to the boissons page and there, miracle of miracles, amongst the sugary stuff was a can of Heineken. Now that is a proper meal deal................burger, chips and cold beer........job done.

One other observation is that many bars and restaurants in the city centre have closed............the good news is that the Irish Bar still serves those who are thirsty.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3832442)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We have certain traditions now re food, always stop at bernay on the way down, fill up with cheap fuel, eat at the leclerc supermarket cafe, they do lovely pizza's and then on the way back on Sunday we grab a maccy d's at bernay then fill up again at the leclerc fuel station. before straight run to eurotunnel without stopping.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3832454)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The 'Quick' chain of burger restaurants provides a more local alternative to Maccas.

I enjoy their 'Long Bacon'.

There's one right by the Autoroute junction at ZI Nord/St Saturnin which is convenient for a first/last stop. (Plus 2 others in LM according to Quick.fr)
Old 22 Jun 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3832463)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
However, one way or another I have been to the one in Place de la republique on every visit.

You go to the Place de la Republique and eat in MacDonalds? When you have croque madames and other really tasty stuff right there at the Galand???? I'm shocked.....
Old 22 Jun 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3832473)   #31
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come on Vince - share the location of your man-date!
Old 22 Jun 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3832509)   #32
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You go to the Place de la Republique and eat in MacDonalds? When you have croque madames and other really tasty stuff right there at the Galand???? I'm shocked.....
Well this is the point of this thread right??? The more posts we get in this thread the higher the chance of avoiding McDonalds. With enough posts we're gonna shut that place down!
Old 22 Jun 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3832522)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right, let's get typing folks!
Old 22 Jun 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3832553)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i actually like the occasional maccy d's, as rarely have them now.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3832556)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair, my group made it a tradition to attend the Mulsanne McDonalds on a Sunday evening after the race. Yes, it's a McDonalds, but my goodness it's lovely after the race. When I return, I'll be doing it again.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3832562)   #36
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I only visited the McD in the city center when I actually arrived in Le Mans in time for scrutineering in 2014. Marginally entertained the thought of buying dinner on Friday from there before heading back to the campsite, because I was not doing the drivers' parade this year, but I ended up buying a can of tuna salad from the Super U in Republique.

...and I still completed it with a crappy beef sandwich from the track.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 23:11 (Ref:3832588)   #37
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You shouldn't eat at WacArnolds for any reason, ever, anywhere in the world.

My brother once spontaneously vomited at the smell of an egg McMuffin. I agree with that sentiment.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3832589)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
You shouldn't eat at WacArnolds for any reason, ever, anywhere in the world.

My brother once spontaneously vomited at the smell of an egg McMuffin. I agree with that sentiment.
X2.

Whatever it takes. Avoid at all costs. Danger, danger.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3832797)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I used to go annually to L'Auberge des 7 Plats in the the old town, outstanding food at quite a reasonable price (given the location). Haven't been there for a few years now, but it's still there, unlike most of the good eateries in the square opposite the town hall.
Old 27 Jun 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3833378)   #40
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you go out of the center you can find some good places like
Asiatic : Restaurant villa d'or https://www.google.com/search?client...0!2i618!4f13.1
or Hoki Sushi : https://www.google.com/search?client...0!2i618!4f13.1

A very good place with refined dishes made with local products along the tram line : https://letablierdejaures.fr/
Or along the river down the old town http://www.leparvis-sainthilaire.fr/carte-menus
Old 30 Jun 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3833746)   #41
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our party have a tradition of eating at the Buffalo Grill over the weekend. Logic ? who knows - cowboy themed restaurant chain in France ! However, for balance we visited Chez Henri in Rue des Maillets (recommended by our B&B host) this time which was good.