Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2018, 03:53 (Ref:3841293)   #26
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aren't they looked after by ARG now, and going wherever they can slot in?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3841296)   #27
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Given that Supercars own support catagories Super2 and Super Utes aren't on the undercard says a lot.
A mix of Super2 or SuperUtes and either Carrera Cup/AGT would be a good mix. I like my sportscars but nothing wrong with a bit of variety on the undercard as everyone has different tastes outside of Supercars.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 05:33 (Ref:3841298)   #28
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Say what you want, the night experiment looks to be a success, easily more people here than probably the last ten SMP V8s meetings.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 05:39 (Ref:3841299)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
A mix of Super2 or SuperUtes and either Carrera Cup/AGT would be a good mix. I like my sportscars but nothing wrong with a bit of variety on the undercard as everyone has different tastes outside of Supercars.
Agreed, the undercard needs work.

But again, I'm not surprised at what's on offer.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 06:43 (Ref:3841302)   #30
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Agree but of course not all supports can appear at all events so inevitably some events look stronger than others in that regard.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3841305)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massive lap from Mr McLaughlin for pole
A 1.27...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Aug 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3841318)   #32
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geeez the fan fare fireball introductions are a bit over the top arnt they.
I guess dammed if you do dammed if you dont.

The crowds speak for themselves
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3841322)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

There are a shed load of people here!

And it is cold.. 11C just now.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3841323)   #34
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Are we expecting night time lack of vision carnage trying to find space?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3841341)   #35
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garth turning in when people are alongside, as per usual...
Old 4 Aug 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3841344)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Garth turning in when people are alongside, as per usual...
3 investigations into incidents involving #33 so far...
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3841353)   #37
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
WOW take that back,............what a race after the restart
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3841358)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr McLaughlin... glass jaw?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3841359)   #39
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Telling me a marshal couldn't have lent over the pitwall and grabbed that rear wing? Or is it just a different mentality to those kinda things here in the UK, would of been done under double yellows here
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3841360)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3841361)   #41
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can bet that Van Giz will win it this year.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3841363)   #42
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr McLaughlin... glass jaw?
aye? Giz was forced to set up a clean and hard move there despite being on fresher tyres. McLaughlin held his nerve. to be honest I'm pretty happy it's those two fighting it out for the championship, though Whincup can never be discounted. It's a shame Reynolds is fading.

McLaughlin could do with his team mate being good enough to keep RBR occupied. fabs has had a shocker year given his equipment. mclaughlin will eventually need protection from the likes of lowndes being given the quiet nod to suicide pass.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3841364)   #43
GeoffL
Rookie

GeoffL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Telling me a marshal couldn't have lent over the pitwall and grabbed that rear wing? Or is it just a different mentality to those kinda things here in the UK, would of been done under double yellows here
Haven’t seen the incident but the general instruction to flag marshals is that they remain within their posts unless instructed otherwise. At SMSP the debris fencing only has relatively small gaps in it.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3841368)   #44
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did Jamie say he required a bump start?

Does the rule still apply the you must start the car on the grid via the starter motor?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3841369)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
aye? Giz was forced to set up a clean and hard move there despite being on fresher tyres. McLaughlin held his nerve. to be honest I'm pretty happy it's those two fighting it out for the championship, though Whincup can never be discounted. It's a shame Reynolds is fading.

McLaughlin could do with his team mate being good enough to keep RBR occupied. fabs has had a shocker year given his equipment. mclaughlin will eventually need protection from the likes of lowndes being given the quiet nod to suicide pass.
Not the first time it has happened, almost like his teammate at the last round, but no blinker on this time.

Lowndes/Whincup/Van Gisbergen/Tander/Courtney etc etc in the current field would not have left the room to let SvG past, and most certainly not let Mw Whincup past also.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3841370)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
The wing fell apart, putting carbon fibre all over the place. Its not like it just fell off in its entirety and remained intact.

A shame for Mr Hazelwood though, he was in 17th at the time... on merit..
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3841371)   #47
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When will we see a Virtual Safety Car introduced?

It was unfortunate that the race was decided by luck of the draw. A VSC would have seen the track cleared safely and the what promised to be a great scrap between Scotty and Craig continue.

Once the Safety Car was called any chance for Scott or Craig to win disappeared.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3841373)   #48
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The wing fell apart, putting carbon fibre all over the place. Its not like it just fell off in its entirety and remained intact.

A shame for Mr Hazelwood though, he was in 17th at the time... on merit..
Does that explain the guy walking back to the big mate pit with a full rear wing assembly under his arm...
Old 4 Aug 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3841377)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Does that explain the guy walking back to the big mate pit with a full rear wing assembly under his arm...
It still hit the road... if the cameras to the control room could see better than us public types at road level in the dark, I would be very surprised...
Old 4 Aug 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3841379)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
When will we see a Virtual Safety Car introduced?

It was unfortunate that the race was decided by luck of the draw. A VSC would have seen the track cleared safely and the what promised to be a great scrap between Scotty and Craig continue.

Once the Safety Car was called any chance for Scott or Craig to win disappeared.
Perhaps had Mr McLaughlin had gone to the John Bowe school of blocking til you get punted off, he possibly would have won that race...