Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Mar 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1244589)   #51
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Michael Schumacher is Michael Schumacher, he's always up to no good!
He deliberately pushed Nick out to keep him from being the best German of the day! [/QUOTE]

I was thinking along those lines myself...Michael should have let Nick pass, I think he used that situation to get himself a new engine for the next race.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1244635)   #52
shy tot racing
Rookie

England
Lincolnshire
shy tot racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not forget that the ITV F1 crew were questioning MS's concentration towards the end of last season when there were a few fundemental errors. In Saturdays practice he was unlucky to catch the wet track BUT he certainly didn't look the "rain master" of other years. Todays race---it took him too many laps to find a parking place. I think that he is loosing interest.
PS Kimi for the title this year
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1244636)   #53
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Before I say anything else, in the interest of fair disclosure, I have long been vocal in my dislike of Schumacher on this board and I am probably the biggest Heidfeld fan here.

But having watched the incident several times, I think fault lies equally with both. Heidfeld apppeared to have the momentum to make the outbraking move-if Schumacher had surrendered the inside line. But Michael was still in front when he jerked to the right and Nick moved onto the grass to avoid what might have been a collision at that time. Heidfeld took a big chance, but given against whom he was attempting it, it was not prudent.

Once Heidfeld was on the grass, all chances of slowing decently were lost though he did decellarate somewhat. Michael at that point took the aggressive inside line when caution would have suggested slowing somewhat and letting Nick scramble by into the marbles fruitlessly for traction.

The point is, Schuey forced Heidfeld into a bad situation and then placed himself right into the path of a an out-of-control projectile.

Last edited by EERO; 7 Mar 2005 at 02:11.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1244756)   #54
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi has forced his competitors off-track several times before, only this time he payed justifyed price.

Which was good.

Last edited by 429CJ; 6 Mar 2005 at 18:36.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 6 Mar 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1244780)   #55
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Well it was either brake on the grass or brake on Michaels wheels and cartwheel into the gravel trap.....
Nonsens. Heidfeld didn't even try to take the curbstone.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1244782)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was speaking in jest....
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1244816)   #57
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Well we've had
Nurburgring 2001 (Ralf)
Brazil 2002 (Montoya)
Silverstone 2003 (Alonso)

When Michael has refused to leave any room, or has swerved across the track very late, that has led to some kind of incident...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1244845)   #58
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was both of their faults no one to blame but atleast both couldnt finish and were punished in that way
Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1244883)   #59
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
MS, sorry, the swerve to the right was too sudden, and has been done too many times. Would like to hear his reaction if it happened to him. When was the last time we saw a Ferrari left driverless in the kitty? I dont think they want anyone near it for close inspection, which is why he asked for the push and drove straight in the garage. Too many "spies" about. I do think if it had been dry qually, he would have been up front and away. If he does it again, tut tut, Chopper will be his nick name. I bet Williams arent too happy either.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:09 (Ref:1244942)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Michael's defense was weak and late. He could have tried to keep the place by going side by side into the corner. In a similar manner to JV retaking Alonso. The late jerk caught Heidfeld by surprise and he had to react. The reaction was a little drastic, but it was a split second thing.

Shame.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1244947)   #61
shy tot racing
Rookie

England
Lincolnshire
shy tot racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not forget the first example of what was to come when he stuffed Damon Hill in Aussie
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1244950)   #62
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wheel to wheel racing has never been Schumi's strongest suit - usually he/the package are so far ahead he doesn't need it.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1244978)   #63
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i must say Gt_R, i agree with knowleselyleylettily here. TGF does0when being attacked have an unusual 'knack' of making sudden movements when defending his position. i must point out that usually, its not a problem when you're 50-100 metres before a corner because there is still a bit of tarmac left to duck out and retake the normal line. the problem with TGF's actions today (and why people seem to think that TGF was in the wrong) are twofold. firstly, his movement was VERY late and VERY sudden. personally, i think that TGF didn't leave enough room for Heidfeld-but thats another debate entirely. i am sure Gt_R that TGF made an unusually late move-and in this instance, TGF must be responsible for the consequences on applying the squeeze on an opponent too late.

on another point, i was disgusted at TGF's actions regarding the Marshalls. after having the misfortune of seeing a few accidents involving marshalls before on TV, i think Schumacher was both highly irresponsible and wreckless.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1244981)   #64
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Not very professional really, was it?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1244983)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Juan
on another point, i was disgusted at TGF's actions regarding the Marshalls. after having the misfortune of seeing a few accidents involving marshalls before on TV, i think Schumacher was both highly irresponsible and wreckless.
There is a separate thread on that point here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66391
This has attracted the views of quite a few of 10 tenths' marshalling members.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1244986)   #66
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Micheal qualified 16th i think at Spa one year and came through to win ... cant remember the years was it 94/95?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1244988)   #67
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1245002)   #68
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
by the way, i forget to mention (after re-reading the thread) that it doesn't mean TGF cannot race wheel-to-wheel at all. heck, he's come from the back of the grid many times. although it pains me to say this: he is the most complete racing driver out there on the grid. thats why he's a seven-time WDC. if he couldn't race wheel-to-wheel or charge from the back of the grid to gain a few points, he wouldn't be a champion. he is human and he makes mistakes just like any other driver.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1245016)   #69
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is odd how many mistakes he makes racing wheel to wheel though. There was a time I considered him quite good at it, yet he seems to have gotten worse. And don't give me the "out of practice" line. That's pretty pathetic.

Since clinching his seventh title he has been mid pack a few times and come a cropper every time. If he has a lot of bad luck in qualifying this year, he's going to have a very mediocre season indeed.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1245020)   #70
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Oooh knowlesy, be careful. This is another one of those threads that might end up in a slice of pie for you... Michael had a bad race. It happens. He'll be back to win many with the F2005. You'll see.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1245026)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes he will win races and probably the title again.

I'm just hypothesising.....if he had a season of mid pack racing, you wouldn't fancy him would you?

It won't happen of course.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1245056)   #72
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Spa 95 is an excellent example of Schuey wheel to wheel dicing. fabulous stuff.

Yet His move on Heidfeld just reekend of memoreis of his move on Frentzen Montreal 98, Alonso Silverstone 03 and a lesser extent Villenuve Jerez 97.

Just because he did it in a slow speed corner for a low positon does not make it "just silly".
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1245065)   #73
pootles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Berkshire
pootles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50%er

LO
If you are gona "squeez out" then you have got to expect the risk to be increased. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but MS as been doing this stuff for a while now. So if he takes the plunge he's done his homework!

Therefore, 50-50 racing incident. Don't push someone onto the grass and you don't get driven into! Grass being a lot less likely to assist in the slowing process!!!!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1245102)   #74
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the move on Nick was just poor timing.

He was driving down the middle of the road, then saw Nick coming and thought, "ooh, I better stop that" and just reacted a bit too late.

Yes, it was Michael's fault but there is nothing to get wound up about.

And he has no problems racing "wheel-to-wheel".
Old 7 Mar 2005, 00:25 (Ref:1245112)   #75
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=knowlesy].

I'm just hypothesising.....if he had a season of mid pack racing, you wouldn't fancy him would you?

QUOTE]

Going on yesterdays race, spot on Knowlesy.
Rubino and Alonso seemed to be able to move on up the order fine whilst Kimi and MS didn't .