Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Nov 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3690138)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa 6Hrs Endurance

The annual pilgrimage to Spa for the 6 hrs and support races.

The latter will include a round of the Jaguar Challenge and combined MRL sports car grids, plus Masters series. U2TC will also have 2 x 40 minute races.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3703855)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Regulations and entry forms on line now-

http://www.redwateruk.com/
Old 21 Jan 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3704032)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*sob* I will get back to this one day. Just no time sadly.
Old 21 Jan 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3704036)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I know how you feel about the race, Peter! It's the one that I will always want to do as a priority, but this year maybe will have to give it a miss. I can do several races elsewhere throughout the season in different cars, rather than one in one car....

We'll see- could all change!
Old 29 Jan 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3706729)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
For anyone that hesitated- Looking at the website, entry application is now closed.....
Old 30 Jan 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3707821)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are doing Spa Festival and Six Hour race
The gang stopped in a decent place in Francochamps ,not one of normal hotels,after a lead given on here.
We can't find the details
Anyone with any ideas please?
Old 30 Jan 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3707832)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Elva for 6 hr John? or something Germanic?
Old 30 Jan 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3707833)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The gang stopped in a decent place in Francochamps ,not one of normal hotels,after a lead given on here.
We can't find the details
Anyone with any ideas please?
Which year John? I can have a look back at previous threads if you know.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3707843)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Was it this place, John?

http://www.lamaisondessenteurs.be/fr/
Old 30 Jan 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3707894)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Gang
We were there with the Elva ,Lotus and Porsche about 12/13 .
I'll have a trawl through my messages but the hotel doesn't ring a bell!
Old 31 Jan 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3708004)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
John, I've scrolled all way though 2012 / 2013 threads and only post from you on hotels was 2013. Terence suggested La Source, you found they were full, then dinkel came up with the link I posted above. 26th August.

I guess you found accommodation elsewhere....

During search noticed that the 2012 6hr entry fee was 3200 Euro. Any one that has entered this year will know how much it has gone up! It's in the regs (link in first post) for anyone else curious.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 31 Jan 2017 at 07:20.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3708031)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I suppose that will be because Redwater is based in the UK and the exchange rate has impacted them.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3708033)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I suppose that will be because Redwater is based in the UK and the exchange rate has impacted them.
I'm sure it will have, Peter. Also the very unpredictable fluctuations in it! Having said that, 45% increase in 5 years means there is more to it than just exchange rate. Track fees, for a start?
Old 31 Jan 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3708038)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Agreed. What was the entry fee last year? Also they may have hedged by delaying paying for the track until after June last year. In which case the referendum will have impacted their payment.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3708074)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Haven't got the paperwork to hand Peter, but think it's gone up €150. So the big increases were two / three / four years ago.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3708076)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sounds like it. Still excellent value for money IMO. Far better value than the TV licence fee.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3708084)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sounds like it. Still excellent value for money IMO. Far better value than the TV licence fee.
Yes, I'm not suggesting it's expensive for the track time and the status of the race!

Looking at some Silverstone Classic entry fees though, they don't seem to have increased by anything like that percentage over the same period, so I'm thinking it's Spa circuit that has caused the major change for the 6.....
Old 31 Jan 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3708099)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
examination of the historical data shows the Pound-Euro rate almost the same now as it was in Feb 2012. Make of that what you will!
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=EUR&view=5Y
Old 31 Jan 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3708101)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You clearly have lots of spare time. Nonetheless then it is hopefully the track costs rather than any other reason.
Old 31 Jan 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3708109)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
examination of the historical data shows the Pound-Euro rate almost the same now as it was in Feb 2012. Make of that what you will!
Interesting. Trouble at the moment is that it yo-yo's so much, and anyone with a large payment to make in several months time would be taking a risk basing their calculations on today's rate, which according to siri is 0.86....
Old 1 Feb 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3708248)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The TV license is exceptional value for money.
You get to know value when your a UK resident and pay taxes!

Sorted the hotel.

MB , that was place we stayed in 13.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3708296)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Sorted the hotel.

MB , that was place we stayed in 13.
Glad you're sorted.

So right but wrong then......
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3709297)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for info.Track rental at Spa has gone up a fair bit in recent years.Wasnt so long ago you could rent it for around €12000)
Old 14 Jul 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3751240)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It's been mentioned by an organiser that this year will mark the Spa 6hrs meeting's 25th anniversary. Anyone confirm that? Fingers crossed the proposed Memorial Barry S-S race will be well supported in his memory. From not even expecting to be there, looks like I am now driving in 3 races, including the 6. Good job I didn't make any alternative plans for the weekend......
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3751577)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It's been mentioned by an organiser that this year will mark the Spa 6hrs meeting's 25th anniversary. Anyone confirm that? Fingers crossed the proposed Memorial Barry S-S race will be well supported in his memory. From not even expecting to be there, looks like I am now driving in 3 races, including the 6. Good job I didn't make any alternative plans for the weekend......
Why would you?😁