Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Sep 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3766874)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Surprised they use a 1.8L engine.

I like the looks of the car.
Their inhouse developed Audi was pretty good.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3766882)   #52
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Their inhouse developed Audi was pretty good.
The DTC Clio 2015, too
Old 19 Sep 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3768512)   #53
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look like that Josh Files will run in TCR International and some national series. Maybe TCR Ger and TCR UK.
https://tcrtalk.com/2017/08/28/10-qu...th-josh-files/
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:36 (Ref:3768708)   #54
jakew7498
Rookie

jakew7498 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
Look like that Josh Files will run in TCR International and some national series. Maybe TCR Ger and TCR UK.
https://tcrtalk.com/2017/08/28/10-qu...th-josh-files/
Good. I'd say a year too late.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3768772)   #55
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
http://www.serbiaring.com/vesti/vikt...j-hondi-sivik/
Viktor Davidovski has bought 2018 spec Civic Type R and he will race it in 2018 TCR International Series.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3768798)   #56
jakew7498
Rookie

jakew7498 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
http://www.serbiaring.com/vesti/vikt...j-hondi-sivik/
Viktor Davidovski has bought 2018 spec Civic Type R and he will race it in 2018 TCR International Series.
Upon googling his name and adding racing driver, the results were pretty scarce. 4th result was Valtteri Bottas and 5th result was this thread with your post!
Old 20 Sep 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3768818)   #57
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakew7498 View Post
Upon googling his name and adding racing driver, the results were pretty scarce. 4th result was Valtteri Bottas and 5th result was this thread with your post!
Yeah he only raced here in Serbia that's why there are no much results. He is very fast driver, he is racing for 20 years and he won Yugo class 3 times (Borkovic won it 4 times), and also he was driving Honda Civic S2000 one year and he dominated his class.
His Facebook account
https://www.facebook.com/viktordavidovskiracing/
Old 22 Sep 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3769311)   #58
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tcr-series.com/index.php/news...demy-endurance

50 TCR cars run by WSC with six 6 hour races (actually 2*1h + 4h)
31 March/01 April – 6 Hours of the Slovakiaring (Slovakia)
TBA May – 6 Hours of the Hungaroring (Hungary)
02/03 June – 6 Hours of Adria (Italy)
04/05 August – 6 Hours of the Salzburgring (Austria)
03/04 September – 6 Hours of Most (Czech Republic)
06/07 October – 6 Hours of Brno (Czech Republic)

Just don't tell Creventic
Old 28 Sep 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3770298)   #59
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bamboo again in the Int. Series (and UK).
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...ernational-18/
Old 4 Oct 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3771737)   #60
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like TCR Benelux might be dead - or at the very least in need of a a new promoter:

In Dutch

In French
Old 4 Oct 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3771749)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would love to see Bamboo back racing in the UK, they certainly are good enough to return to these shores
Old 4 Oct 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3771772)   #62
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Looks like TCR Benelux might be dead - or at the very least in need of a a new promoter:

In Dutch

In French
Marc Van Dalen (Kronos Promoter) was having a rant at everyone "Vu le niveau de la compétition, ils choisissent de ne pas se faire allumer et préfèrent prendre part ?* des courses d’endurance, où leur manque de vitesse est moins flagrant." which roughly means "Given the level of competition, they choose not to turn up and prefer to take part in endurance races, where their lack of speed is less obvious."

Also this probably means no TCR France unless Peugeot 308 Cup runs next year and effectively is that.

Maybe TCR BeNeLux and Supercars Challenge could merge into a TCR class, there are 3-4 Seats already there.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3772140)   #63
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

In Dutch

In French
Last weekend I watched the races at Mettet, well sort of it are only 5 minute highlights. Poor coverage is one of the problems. Biggest problem is money. I am sure there are drivers with interest but not enough money and others with budget go racing in GT's. Outside French speaking Belgium there's not much interest.

Although it's my national TCR series I prefer watching the Russian or Asian TCR series...
Old 5 Oct 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3772150)   #64
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dutch drivers rather choose the german series of seems.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3772380)   #65
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Last weekend I watched the races at Mettet, well sort of it are only 5 minute highlights. Poor coverage is one of the problems. Biggest problem is money. I am sure there are drivers with interest but not enough money and others with budget go racing in GT's. Outside French speaking Belgium there's not much interest.

Although it's my national TCR series I prefer watching the Russian or Asian TCR series...
I am Dutch based and agree, also have a preference of TCR Asia, with no proper full-time drivers and myriad of co-drivers rotating in and out and with no coverage even on Dutch TV, it's very difficult to follow unless you attend the meetings I guess.

TCR Asia I am a little worried about for next year. Their social media coverage has slowed down a lot in the recent race meetings and they haven't uploaded anything from the first 2 days of this race weekend. Perhaps TCR China is more attractive for the China/Hong-Kong/Macau based drivers which pretty much make up most of the grid.. :/

Here is a translation of the Marc Van Dalen Benelux interview:

Quote:
“Indeed, we will go no further than the end of this season with TCR Benelux”, explained Van Dalen in an interview with Speedactiontv.be, “In the course of 2 years, we have tried everything to allow the championship to gain importance.”

“We have lost a lot of money on this adventure, and as the CEO, it comes to me to take the decision to stop. It’s sad, but it’s like that. The federation reclaim responsibility of the championship, in order to allow teams which have invested into TCR cars to make their equipment profitable, but as far as we are concerned, it’s done. If the RACB wish that we give a helping hand, we will gladly…and by being paid. And therefore independently.”

“The cars are beautiful, they are well prepared, the show is of good quality. But times have changed. At the time of Procar, a driver who finished 5th was content and proud to be a part of it. Today, if a competitor is not on the podium, if he returns home without any cut of it, he goes and cries to his mum! What did not play in favour for TCR Benelux is that Belgium and the Netherlands consist of many good drivers, but few excellent pilots. Seeing the level of competition here, they prefer to take part in endurance races where their lack of speed is less blatant. They therefore dare not to come. We also take responsibility that it’s too expensive. But modern motorsport is expensive. And that, we cannot help. With Kronos Events, we wanted to be precursors in launching the championship, in particular by introducing the ‘Make the Grid’ system on social networks. At the request of some, we turned back. At the request of some, we preferred a formula with two drivers per car. At a meeting in Mettet just a year ago, we were assured to have between 15 and 20 cars at the start of Season 2. Everyone was optimistic…and everything collapsed. Why? I do not know..Some people preferred to ride in the Peugeot Racing Cup to win, which they did not do”.

“One of the reasons of the poor general health of our competitions is the excessive number of series that exist. There is too much choice! Result: everything goes downhill, and grids of 10 cars multiply. The proof [seen] with TCR Benelux. And then, not so long ago, the importers who invested in motorsport helped not only the teams, but also the organisers. At the time, I was in charge of Pegueot’s sport program, and I know how much we gave to the agency Palmares so that Procar could be competitive. But all this is ancient history. An importer who is involved today is helping a team, but not at all the organiser. However, the price of renting the circuits does not stop rising, and whether we come with one or one thousand cars, the price is the same. And to find sponsors is always more complicated. The consequence: for us, it’s finished!”
Old 13 Oct 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3773944)   #66
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
2018 Peugeot 308 TCR
https://www.facebook.com/tourenwagen...type=3&theater
Old 13 Oct 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3773974)   #67
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see a Pug tourer again. I'd have preferred to have seen the 508, but the 308 isn't too bad.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3774001)   #68
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
That's good news.

Based on the dark tinted windows it's just a mockup?
It still has a 1.6L engine?
Old 13 Oct 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3774002)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Great to see a Pug tourer again. I'd have preferred to have seen the 508, but the 308 isn't too bad.
The 508 is too big, although looking at BTCC a mix of smaller and larger cars is possible.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3774006)   #70
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's good news.

It's a 2 litre engine in the TCR version.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3774007)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
It's a 2 litre engine in the TCR version.
Better.

IMO they should allow only 2L engines (Renault TCR has 1.6L).
Old 15 Oct 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3774266)   #72
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That's good news.

Based on the minuscule front brakes I'd say it's a mock up haha.
Old 15 Oct 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3774312)   #73
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The 508 is too big, although looking at BTCC a mix of smaller and larger cars is possible.
Is there a maximum size limit for TCR cars?

I wish they would allow RWD.
Old 15 Oct 2017, 22:48 (Ref:3774388)   #74
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't remember exactly the dimensions, but there is a limit on length, width and type of car.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3774502)   #75
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
New Civic TCR hits the track
It looked more aggressive on artwork
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...r-track-debut/