Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 31 Aug 2004, 15:32 (Ref:1082802)   #1
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British hillclimb lookalikes/Todd's accident

Hello everybody. Many of you will know me. I am the faithful Bassett Hound of a very well known hillclimb racer. I go to nearly every major event, but after walking the hill I am normally locked away in the motorhome until after the event. This weekend we were at Gurston Down which my master and mistress like very much even though it takes ages to get out afterwards. It must have been a very upsetting day because that nice young Todd had a very bad accident and lots of people worked very hard to help him. My master said that afterwards Todd's dad was upset at how long it took for them to find out how Todd was feeling. My master said Mr & Mrs Harratt looked very cross about the criticism, but I hear that nice Mr Toet has some suggestions about how to do this better. Apparently someone has a photo of Mr & Mrs Harratt looking cross. I didn't care because nice Mr Fletcher gave me a treat from his pocket. On the way home in the van my master said that those naughty marshals are wrong and that he doesn't think he looks like Bertie Wooster. Love Abigail
Old 31 Aug 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1082853)   #2
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to 10/10s abigail.
I am sure that you will no doubt be giving us more little titbits that you pick up in the motorhome park. no, no, no, not the bits of BBQ that people drop but all the things you hear that the grown ups don't think you understand.

And you be careful accepting treats from that nice Mr Fletcher. He was an accountant once you know.

Sorry to hear that you get locked up in the motorhome at every event but thats MSA rules you know.
Well it is anywhere except Wiscombe Park where canines can wander at will it appears.

At least you get 2 walks up Shelsley per day when you are there.

I think those marshals are very correct. Your master is the best Bertie Wooster impersonator that there is.

Last edited by Fireblade; 31 Aug 2004 at 16:27.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 17:31 (Ref:1082911)   #3
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Fireblade
I think you are one of those naughty boys that my master warned me about, who make a fuss of me when he is there but kick me up the a**e when he is not looking. If I am right you probably drive one of those Lotus cast offs with a motor bike engine made out of recycled corned beef tins. You are right, I understand much more than anybody suspects. Unfortunately I can only do this when my master and mistress are out shopping, usually at Waitrose or Harrods or Fortnums. My master says only oiks from the black country shop at common places like Lidl or Aldi or Netto. I really hope that nice Todd is feeling better today and I would love to hear from him. I like his brother as well but my master is not too sure about their dad. I also think you might be one of those people that my master calls oiks who are associated with Shelsley. I like Shelsley but my master prefers Gurston. When he takes us for a walk at Shelsley we see some very strange people working on the hill. They drive old vans with orange lights on the top and Land Rovers. There is one called Roger who seems to live on a tall tower with clocks on it. He got very cross with that nice Mr Dean who lives on a lttle island. My master says he must be rich because he comes from an island. Mr Dean parked his van all funny in everybodies way and Roger swore at him because he wanted to go home. We may be going to Scotland soon. I like Scotland. The people at Doune talk strangely and fall over a lot after they drink beer and whisky. Some of them sleep in their cars all night with the engine running because they are too pi**ed to drive. Some naughty boy has a picture of that somewhere. I do hope someone will join us here soon for some more silly chatter. I wish I had posted this on the marshals section. Perhaps some of them will join us later. Love Abigail