Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Jan 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2811467)   #26
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
[SIZE=2]Reading between the lines my guess would be:

BRC
1) 27th March.......Lydden (Belgium championship Sat 26th)
2) 15th May..........Mondello Park (Autosport this week)
3) 11th June.......... Blyton (Night Race)
4) 10th July...........Maasmechelen (Belgian Site)
5) 31st July...........Blyton
6) 29th August.......Lydden (Lydden Site)
7) 15th September..Knockhill (Knockhill Site)
8) 16th October......Mallory Park

MDA/BTRDA
2) 17th April..........Blyton
4) 31st July...........Blyton
5) 29th August.......Lydden
6) 15th September..Knockhill
7) 16th October......Mallory Park
8) 6th November....... TBC

Also MDA Euro Challenge that I know they want to re-start:
Mrch 27th Lydden Hill
May 15th Mondello
July 10th Maasmechelen
July 17h Valkenswaard
September 18th Knockhill

Irish:
6-2-2011 Carlow Car Club Rallycross - Mondello (RX) 2010/11 Champs
20-2-2011 Carlow C.C. Rallycross - Mondello (RX) 2010/11 Champs
13-3-2011 Co.Kildare M.C. Rallycross (RX) 2010/11 Champs
26-6-2011 Co. Kildare M.C. Rallycross GP
16-10-2011 Co. Kildare M.C. Rallycross (RX) 2011/12 Champs
6-11-2011 Carlow C.C. Rallycross - Mondello (RX) 2011/12 Champs
20-11-2011 Co.Kildare M.C. Rallycross (RX) 2011/12 Champs

Thoughts?? No Pembrey?? Croft for GP?? Irish GP June 26th??
I'd be surprised if Pembray was gone, would seem strange to ditch a venue when tracks are a bit scarce but it maybe the track has decided to ditch rallycross as Croft did. I'd guess Pembray may run on 31st July or instead of Mallory (track issues) on 16th Oct. Failing that it may host a BTRDA/MDA meeting, there was mention on here of a joint one with the Irish Champs. If GP is the Nov date then Croft is a possibility as it would be the same time as the Superprix used to run. Having said that if the track has been sorted at Mallory and the 16th Oct date is at Pembray, then I think Mallory would be the more likely destination of the GP. We could all be wrong of course! Pure speculation.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2811608)   #27
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRC Dates in Rallyx World

BRC

5) 29th August.......Lydden (Lydden Site)
6) 15th September..Knockhill (Knockhill Site)
8) November............ TBC (End of season showcase event!!)

Above confirmed on todays rallycross world magazine from Tim!!

2day season opener... ERC test for drivers! and Belguim event
No Pembrey then!!
End of season show case..... BGP??

Thoughts?
Old 5 Jan 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2811648)   #28
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BRC

No Pembrey then!!

Thoughts?
There was talk to running a GP type event last year so lets hope the interest is there from the big names. If it ran to the old format mixing all the different classes together all the better.

Can't say I'd miss Pembrey.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 01:39 (Ref:2811723)   #29
D Smeets
Racer

D Smeets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BRC

No Pembrey then!!

Thoughts?
Do the Belgians only drive on Saturday?
Old 6 Jan 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2811778)   #30
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the British Championship so we should visit Wales !! and with the inclusion of ireland we then visit every part of British Isles.

Would have been nice to see double header with Nutts make it easier on travel costs as diesel gets rather expensive
Old 6 Jan 2011, 08:56 (Ref:2811809)   #31
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree about Pembrey and as you say shame Nutts Corner is missing as it's a great track.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2811819)   #32
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will you be racing next year Mark? If so will you be back in the Xsara or have you decided on something else?
Old 6 Jan 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2811844)   #33
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
Its the British Championship so we should visit Wales !! and with the inclusion of ireland we then visit every part of British Isles.

Would have been nice to see double header with Nutts make it easier on travel costs as diesel gets rather expensive

British Touring Cars dont visit Wales. I know they should but thats a different story!

I think you should re-phrase the 'diesel gets rather expensive' to 'diesel is getting even more expensive!'
Old 7 Jan 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2812297)   #34
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Will you be racing next year Mark? If so will you be back in the Xsara or have you decided on something else?
Not looking good if we race it will be in xsara as we cannot afford to change cars the cost of a new car out of our reach now

its been a crap december for our business and knocks on for all year

If i cant compete budget wise with those who have millions tucked away then i will quit. We are looking for sponsors to help us all the time.

But the budget required now for what we get in return and numbers who turn out we constantly wonder whether it is worth it.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2812351)   #35
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats not good news. Well I hope you get some sponsorship sorted out so we at least see you and the Xsara back on the grid for 2011.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2812674)   #36
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry but i have yet to here anybody referring to ireland as the british isles ?
Old 7 Jan 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2812769)   #37
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post

But the budget required now for what we get in return and numbers who turn out we constantly wonder whether it is worth it.
Sorry, guess the snow really took its toll on christmas parties, etc.

"Numbers who turn out?" - is that, the number of spectators who see your "advertisers" while racing - or numbers of competitors you get to race against?

Do you think you will be able to do any ERC rounds, eg British and French as in 2010?
Old 8 Jan 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2812902)   #38
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to start the new year on a negative but I really fear for entry sizes this season. Im sure Mad Mark is not the only driver with budget concerns and entries last season were thin at some rounds, particually in the top 2 classes. Its good to see drivers move up into the ERC but this does weaken the BRC further.
Old 9 Jan 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2813436)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be firther brutally honest the BRC has suffered for the past for years for the reasons we all know.

Some of the tracks really are not up to scratch, and the travelling is so much now to places like Lydden, KNockhill and Pembrey that it is probably cheaper to do Benelux for some guys!
Old 10 Jan 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2813482)   #40
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be firther brutally honest the BRC has suffered for the past for years for the reasons we all know.

Some of the tracks really are not up to scratch, and the travelling is so much now to places like Lydden, KNockhill and Pembrey that it is probably cheaper to do Benelux for some guys!
As positive as ever.

If your going to be brutally honest please do qualify what your saying. To me its suffered largely due to economic consequence. What you may imply is some form of red tape or organisational problem.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 10 Jan 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2813588)   #41
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the travelling is so much now to places like Lydden, KNockhill and Pembrey that it is probably cheaper to do Benelux for some guys!
Haha, yes, spot on. It is probably a lot cheaper to head on over to the Benelux countries (driving past Lydden) than it is to head to Lydden.

I think it's reasonable to assume that these places are actually the same distance away now as they always have been and that when the BRxC went to places like Anglesey, Cadwell, Swindon and Mondello (though glad to see that back) the travelling (save for the increase in fuel prices above the rate of inflation) was at least as much in terms of mileage.

The main impact is of course the economy, but fingers crossed that doesnt have the impact that we all fear it might.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2813746)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Yeah, its discouraging as a spectator to see regular drivers like Mad Mark uncertain as to whether they can fund entry into next years season.

I'm still hopeful that there will be a decent showing next year though, as some drivers should be fielding new cars (including Andy Scott and Simon Horton), plus Steve Hill is still working on the Evo X, so hopefully that will be more consistent next year.

Does anyone know if Laurence Gibson will be back in 2011?
Old 10 Jan 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2813899)   #43
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Future

2011 is all a big ????? mark !!!!!!!!

I recon at the moment ,with so many extra costs just living and standing still and not going backwards is hard enough so, like Mad Mark said racing is only for those who have millions "stashed away" !

For the good of the sport its maybe time to put some of this cash to good use and help all the Rallycross community through these very hard times by coming up with a racer friendly plan !

Ok its a radical idea but !!! probably will bring out double the racers ,double the entry double the fun and thats got to be a good thing!

So come on BRXC lets get the party started !!

Autosport such a good place to get 2011 started by announcing free entry for all racers for starters.

Big prize money in all classes.

Take a page out of Tesco's book !!! Loss Leaders really do work and help out your punters and they come back time and time again !!!!
Old 10 Jan 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2813902)   #44
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Personally I don't think the BRXC has ever matched the good old days of (under 1600) and (over 1600) in the late 70's early 80's. Great racing, great atmosphere, great cars with big entries. Cheap and simple.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2813913)   #45
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
2011 is all a big ????? mark !!!!!!!!

I recon at the moment ,with so many extra costs just living and standing still and not going backwards is hard enough so, like Mad Mark said racing is only for those who have millions "stashed away" !

For the good of the sport its maybe time to put some of this cash to good use and help all the Rallycross community through these very hard times by coming up with a racer friendly plan !

Ok its a radical idea but !!! probably will bring out double the racers ,double the entry double the fun and thats got to be a good thing!

So come on BRXC lets get the party started !!

Autosport such a good place to get 2011 started by announcing free entry for all racers for starters.

Big prize money in all classes.

Take a page out of Tesco's book !!! Loss Leaders really do work and help out your punters and they come back time and time again !!!!
Unfortunately its not as simple as you would think, by and large the largest costs to organised are the track costs and insurance. Cutting the cost isnt really an option and insurance companies arent going to half the cost out of the good of their heart.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 10 Jan 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2813929)   #46
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Unfortunately its not as simple as you would think, by and large the largest costs to organised are the track costs and insurance. Cutting the cost isnt really an option and insurance companies arent going to half the cost out of the good of their heart.
Mate !!!!!

It costs sh1t loads to fly a car and tem (fair play) to US of A to!!!

Same source..........

So ???????
Old 10 Jan 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2813936)   #47
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
Mate !!!!!

It costs sh1t loads to fly a car and tem (fair play) to US of A to!!!

Same source..........

So ???????
Yep, and i suppose everyone in the BRXC went over to the US ? No only those that could and continue to afford to be able to do rallycross.

The same people may or may not do events here because of low grids where the average punter cannot afford to do every event or any at all.

You mislead with your argument, if your going to continue it provide more details.

Old 10 Jan 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2813962)   #48
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was seriously considering doing the "proposed" budget supercar class with the "other" championship i'm very very glad I didn't as it obviously hasn't happend! Rallycross for the man on the street earning an average wage is totally out of reach in the exciting classes ie Supercars or Super modified, in the 80s a 2wd car wasn't. Rather than put weight behind the Swifts "which are expensive for the fun/performance" it should have been pushed in to having a budget Supercar or RWD class ie BMW 3 series etc. That's the roots of Rallycross!
Old 11 Jan 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2814062)   #49
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
it is fast becoming a very rich mans sport especially in Super cars there are very little chances for the clubman to enter our sport now and it is making it difficult for budget minded racers as myself and others (simon, kevin, gareth) etc.

Now we have Mondello back which is another Ferry expense!

I can do Belgium/holland ERC cheaper than some BRc rounds, france isnt bad to ! and drive against 30 - 40 proper supercars...yes teh 11 year old xsara wont be competitive but you have been to a major meeting and driven with the best in our sport with fantical fans in teh 10's of thousands.

I love my sport and love the UK but things like live TV i think is not necessary if it pushes up entry fees. I think we need to work on getting lots spectators to all rounds which gets the sport wider known.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2814112)   #50
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been trying to get more interested in rallycross and it is a shame it is the most under-rated form of motorsport. I didn't even know rallycross existed until I played a Rallysport 2 on the Xbox! The racing that was on Channel 4 and on the feeds for US rallycross championship was great last year!

It's rather worrying to learn that Rallycross is becoming more expensive at a national level. If it becomes too expensive then how can the sport develop?