Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 May 2017, 03:55 (Ref:3730664)   #1
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Le Mans 2018 (16th/17th June) - Who Is Going?

I know, I know, early to start this thread. However...

I took my wife for her first time in 2014. In 2015 she was in school and so couldn't come back with me, last year neither of us went. This year I will be there and I offered to take her, however she chose not to because she knew she would be starting a new job now that she is done with school and has her new degree.

Was just doing a video chat with my Mrs. while I am away on a business trip. She's bored at home while I am gone so she's cleaning out a closet at home. She told me she found her little Radio Le Mans headset and her lanyard and ticket and that it made her sad that she is not going. So I said, well I guess that means that we'll both have to go next year then, right? She said yes, she thought we would both have to be back together. That's all it takes for me, I'm going to mark that down as a yes.
Old 3 May 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3730681)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'm going to try something ambitious in 2018: Indy 500 and Le Mans in the same year.
Old 3 May 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3730683)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well as you have been warned before "Le mans is addictive" looks like you have caught the big bad and your wife is well on the way to being the second addict in the family. See you soon
Old 3 May 2017, 06:42 (Ref:3730688)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And, of course, 2018 is a 'Classic' year so double the opportunity to visit La Sarthe.
Old 3 May 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3730693)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Might even do it three times, certainly the main and classic but the test day is also likely
Old 3 May 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3730732)   #6
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'm going to try something ambitious in 2018: Indy 500 and Le Mans in the same year.
You do it and I'll do it too. I'll meet you in Indy and we can camp if you'd like.
Old 3 May 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3730735)   #7
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
put me down for a visit as well.

Why break a good tradition.........
Old 3 May 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3730774)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this even a real question?
Of course I'm going!
Old 4 May 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3731037)   #9
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lucky you Victor!!

I was thinking about giving 2018 a miss - we've been going to Le Mans every year since 1997 but Ginetta should be in LMP1 in a big way and so I can't really miss that!! Although I did manage the Dubai 24hrs this year and have been trying to tee that up again for next year... (need to get management approval for that tho.)
Old 4 May 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3731038)   #10
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Might even do it three times, certainly the main and classic but the test day is also likely
we did that last year! It was great
Old 4 May 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3731051)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I might go.......
Old 5 May 2017, 11:43 (Ref:3731195)   #12
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I might go.......
what? again? Why?
Old 7 May 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3731922)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
what? again? Why?
Nothing else on that week Kenn.......
Old 7 May 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3731953)   #14
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I will probably be going again in 2018. After not going this year due to my Mum's and Dad's wedding anniversary. We are expected to be back in 2018.
Old 8 May 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3732162)   #15
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I got approval to do Spa next year while watching this year's race on the telly. I said it is a track I want to go to and Fran said you had better go next year, especially as I will have finished work for good and wil have plenty of tie (unless she organises a very long jobs list )

Sean
Old 8 May 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3732187)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Well I got approval to do Spa next year while watching this year's race on the telly. I said it is a track I want to go to and Fran said you had better go next year, especially as I will have finished work for good and wil have plenty of tie (unless she organises a very long jobs list )

Sean
you will love spa, been doing it several years now and love it, will be back for the six hour classic in september
Old 8 May 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3732233)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This is on the cards for me in 2020
Old 8 May 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3732333)   #18
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I stay here so I'll be in the 2018 party!
Old 9 May 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3732474)   #19
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely. Back to decent accommodation too....
Old 9 May 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3732508)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Definitely. Back to decent accommodation too....
Is that a tent in tertre rouge Dave?
Old 10 May 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3732580)   #21
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
More ambitious than that....within a month!!! Good for you.

jimclark
Old 10 May 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3732658)   #22
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Is that a tent in tertre rouge Dave?
Old 10 May 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3732715)   #23
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, I may be unemployed right now but there's no better motivation than going to Le Mans to find a job!
Old 19 Jun 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3745228)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 2018 who is going?

Back home last night and on the way home planning for next year had started.
Who will be coming to the race in 2018?
Old 19 Jun 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3745235)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Think we already have a thread on this can the mods please combine