Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Jan 2002, 19:35 (Ref:198666)   #1
MAD RICK
Rookie

MAD RICK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC /BRSCC Ripoff

New information
To all you drivers out there have you heard the latest news
regarding the BARC / BRSCC.
Having received the reg's for this years TOYO Tyre's championship
their is a little extra bit of info added they the(BARC/BRSCC) are
requiring us to pay a extra £200.00 from each driver to buy a
transponder to help them with lap timing! . As well as the normal
extra's on entry fee's & membership etc
Any extra info on this matter would be gratfully received
Apparently a lot of other championships have not been informed of
this yet having had a chat with a few people at the autosport show
so be warned.

EVEN MADDER
MAD RICK
Old 15 Jan 2002, 00:06 (Ref:198830)   #2
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Rick,

Check out the Racer's forum - we've already been discussing this one (http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=16858) .. Apparently the BARC have gone for it in a major way, but the BRSCC are introducing it slowly. The Mighty Minis for example will only be using them at selected rounds, and they'll be issued free this year. Probably next year they'll be compulsory.

The first most people heard about it was when they got the regs for their championship - and they got a press release from MST timing. One or two people found out before (see thegrid.co.uk), but the BRSCC still hasn't revealed what they're up to.

Why is this being handled so quietly?
Old 15 Jan 2002, 02:05 (Ref:198855)   #3
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

Why is this being handled so quietly?

Because you'll be required to buy the transponder from the club at an inflated price - probably.

One day the Clubs may realise that there is not a never ending pool of money pooring into motor racing - but I expect it will be too late by the time they do realise it...
Old 15 Jan 2002, 12:44 (Ref:198960)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well we marshals have it harder as well. If we wish to marshal a BRSCC meeting, we have to be a BRSCC member now.

Personally I can't see them turning away volunteers on the day, especially the Saturday of two day meetings, but once again it's the thin end of the wedge all round.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 13:30 (Ref:198969)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
>>Well we marshals have it harder as well. If we wish to marshal a BRSCC meeting, we have to be a BRSCC member now. <<

Is that a national thing? BRSCC-NW's website still says you don't have to be a member to marshal - maybe that's a surprise we've got coming to us!
Old 15 Jan 2002, 13:37 (Ref:198972)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Dave,

I think it's limited to the South Eastern Centre at the moment. As I said, I can't see them turning away people at the gate, but it means you can't get hold of an availability form unless you are a BRSCC member.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 14:25 (Ref:198982)   #7
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian-S
Because you'll be required to buy the transponder from the club at an inflated price - probably.
Oddly enough, no - we'll be buying the transponders from MST. The deal is with MST themselves, but they've signed deals with the BARC and the BRSCC. However, the MST has been a little premature in sending out information regarding the BRSCC's involvement - as they haven't fully committed. Only some BRSCC champs will have mandatory transponders. I don't have much information about BARC championships yet.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 18:29 (Ref:199072)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Stephen,

It's organised differently in the north west. BMMC & BRSCC issue a joint availability form covering all meetings, irrespective of which club they are run by, at both Oulton & Anglesey - at least, that's what happened last year.

It's a good way of doing things - it means a lot less form-filling than is necessary for other circuits.

Dave.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 20:23 (Ref:199129)   #9
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:

Oddly enough, no - we'll be buying the transponders from MST.
How much are they from MST?
Old 15 Jan 2002, 21:09 (Ref:199166)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I marshalled at the BRSCC winter meeting at Brands last November, I'm not a BRSCC member. I just e-mailled Alec Spooner, no problems.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 23:09 (Ref:199265)   #11
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian-S
How much are they from MST?
£160 + VAT = £193 all in.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 08:20 (Ref:199391)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Dan,

I believe the rule applies from this season.

Sorry to highjack the racers forum for marshalling issues chaps!!!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 08:26 (Ref:199395)   #13
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's a disgrace if it's true. I can't afford to be a member of the 750 MC, barc, brscc (several regions), hscc etc etc... (at least 200 quid a year to cover all options)

Perhaps you'll still be able to phone up Alec to get in though.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 09:19 (Ref:199403)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Dan,

I'm sure they are not going to turn people away. As I understand it though it means you won't get a BRSCC availability form. My suggestion would be to check the web site www.brscc-se.co.uk and see what meetings you wish to marshal and then call or e-mail Alec. As you know Alec is rep for both the BRSCC and BMMC so he has 'two' hats to wear hahaha.

I hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll try and photocopy my availability sheets so you can see what's on and when ok.

Stephen.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 01:07 (Ref:202995)   #15
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:

£160 + VAT = £193 all in.

And I wonder what it would cost to buy direct from the manufacturer?
£130 + VAT perhaps? £30 going to the club etc.?

Sorry to be cynical, but I know how they run the clubs, and it isn't for the benefit of members!
Old 23 Jan 2002, 21:36 (Ref:203397)   #16
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Dave,

I think it's limited to the South Eastern Centre at the moment. As I said, I can't see them turning away people at the gate, but it means you can't get hold of an availability form unless you are a BRSCC member.
We got our BRSCC stuff on Monday morning - no mention of having to be a BRSCC member.

Dave.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 22:02 (Ref:203413)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I got my availability forms from the SE Centre this week too and on the front page it asks for your current BRSCC membership number.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 11:50 (Ref:203586)   #18
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
I got my availability forms from the SE Centre this week too and on the front page it asks for your current BRSCC membership number.
Ours ask for an MSA/BMMC Grade & Number & the name of the club of which we are a member.

Dave.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 11:58 (Ref:203589)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Dave,

As I said earlier, I think it is only the South Eastern Centre who have taken this route so far, but it could become the 'norm' for coming years if we are not careful.