Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:49 (Ref:732451)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is a race, you know

Fernandez on pole, Junqueira 2nd but wrecked in qualifying, ServiÃ* 3rd and PT 5th. Being it a tricky place to pass, quick pitstops and a good race pace will decide this race. It looks nice for Bruno to chop some more points...
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:53 (Ref:732455)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the weather looking like for tomorrow?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:56 (Ref:732456)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Just to answer my own question... http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USFL0316?dayNum=1

"Heavy T-Storms"
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:58 (Ref:732457)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea. Being Miami, it should be sunny, but CNN.com says thunderstorms for Sunday...
Old 27 Sep 2003, 22:59 (Ref:732458)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Yeah, sounds strange. Though storms were announced for today as well and it didn't rain.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 00:02 (Ref:732482)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
bugger , I hate wet CART races , they never seem to be able to run smoothly , so i hope its dry
Old 28 Sep 2003, 00:38 (Ref:732505)   #7
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For there to be a race there needs to be a race track to begin with.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 00:55 (Ref:732512)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
The ALMS race wasn't too bad actually...one of the better ones I'd say.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 02:12 (Ref:732533)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno will only start on the front row if they can repair his car. If he has to race in the backup, he will go from the back.

The real big concern expressed by the drivers in the ALMS was the fact that their cars had 4 wheels off the ground when they hit The Bump. There may be a lot of crashes tomorrow and Geoff Boss may end up on the podium.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 06:43 (Ref:732576)   #10
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
There may be a lot of crashes tomorrow and Geoff Boss may end up on the podium.
If he can make it through the parade laps without tagging the wall and have a clean race he's probably got a shot...seriously.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:56 (Ref:732641)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If bruno has to start at the back, that it as far as his title hopes are concerned. And further proof that he doesn't really deserve it.

Running a race the same weekend as the USGP seems to hav ebeen a major mistake from CART. Tehy're not going to get any publicity, although, on the plus side, it could conceal realisation as to how awful the track is.

Great stuff from Adrian, maybe he's not finished with racing just yet.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:30 (Ref:732727)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernandez has a good plan -- keep out of trouble and be there at the end to pick up the pieces! It certainly worked at this track so far.

I don't think you can blame Bruno for that crash -- and why not make the same comment about Tracy, who has not exactly covered himself with glory this weekend? In the ALMS race it was that Rally Bump that did a lot of people in, and apparently one area is so slick that they have great problems finding any grip at all and if you go off line you're in the wall. How is that 'proof' that one driver of many who had the same problem in two different series'doesn't really deserve the championship'?

It is a horrible track. I have not heard anybody comment that they like it.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 13:57 (Ref:732779)   #13
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Apparently they've gotten out the road grinders to try and repair it, but we'll see if that did anything.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:42 (Ref:732798)   #14
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as PT finishes ahead of Junky, I'll be happy. Both Denver and Miami races should be canceled....their horrible tracks!!! COULDN'T they have designed better tracks? They make CART look like a joke! Hopefully the race today will be better then what we are expecting.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 15:01 (Ref:732815)   #15
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Running a race the same weekend as the USGP seems to hav ebeen a major mistake from CART.
Totally agree. The one time Eurosport sort themselves to show the race live its at same time as GP so I'll be watching motorsport all night! Not that, that's a bad thing!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 15:28 (Ref:732831)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Quick note to Canadians...

The race is on TSN, tape-delayed to begin at 4 ET, immediately after F1.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 18:25 (Ref:732985)   #17
varsitypride3
Rookie

varsitypride3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My boy has now lead 76 of 136 laps
Old 28 Sep 2003, 18:29 (Ref:732987)   #18
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
If bruno has to start at the back, that it as far as his title hopes are concerned. And further proof that he doesn't really deserve it.

Oh, honey, if you only knew what I know at this moment!

Let's talk about who deserves what after this race!

Last edited by MLM; 28 Sep 2003 at 18:30.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:00 (Ref:733021)   #19
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welllllllll, on 2nd thought.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:02 (Ref:733022)   #20
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Salo is terrific!- and that Moreno always a fave GO PUPO!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 21:42 (Ref:733275)   #21
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the best race I've seen I have to say and the Marshalls after the BJ crash where rather slow. Should have pushed Fernandez out of way let the o2 car go and then done his car then JB. Manning did well with what I presume was gearbox problems even not finsihing he gets 2 points so should go top of the Rookie standings. I was impressed with Salo as well so good on him. Not impressed with PT at all that was an amatuer move, not even close enough had he waited he probably would of got his place back on the next corner anyway. Well 3 to go and still a few drivers up for it this year. Always good.