Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:14 (Ref:1002726)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari WINS in Canada!

In front of a full capacity crowd, MICHAEL SCHUMACHER and FERRARI won yet again, starting from 6th on the grid. Well done. Rubens drove a good race too to finish 3rd from 7th.

Absolutely brilliant work by the Ferrari team and their 2 drivers!

And once again, the rivals tried to serve up some competition, only to fall short once again.

2nd place for RALF! Well done too, great drive, quick all weekend, proved the pole was no fluke, and gave Williams a well deserved podium finish.

Decent race, but sorry to the critics for once again shattering all hopes

Way to Go Ferrari!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1002731)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey!

Shame both Renaults dropped out, and Button didn't quite seem to have the pace.

It was fuel strategy that really did it though. Calling the bluff of those going for an aggressive 3 stop strategy finally paid off.

I felt a little sorry for Rubens, but then if he'd really had a go at Michael when he could have he might have earnt the win.

A great result for Ferrari!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1002741)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-3.... welll done nice to see Rubens fighting MS... he atleast did get close
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:27 (Ref:1002744)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the point where i watched both Ferraris so close, my immediate thought too was that "why didn't Ferrari order Rubens pass?" when he's being held up by MS?

But i do see why nothing was done. At that point of time, the driver ahead would probably get the win, and Ferrari let them decide among themselves.

I'm relieved that while Rubens and MS tried to fight for that position, they were still relatively cautious and careful not to trip over each other. MS left plenty of room on the inside in the event that Rubens tried to take the position, Rubens on the otherhand took careful attempts but not risk. Good for them.

It won't be surprising if critics want to rant on this instead of celebrating another history-in-the-making... but they'd only be contradicting themselves if they do. They wanted Ferrari to let RB/MS race each other, yet grumble when MS/Ferrari didn't "let RB through".

In any case, i'm actually quite ok with either outcome. To do what they did, or to order RB ahead, would both be sensible moves. Unfortunately, RB's mistake cost an almost certain 2nd position.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1002769)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really, this has to be considered a bit of a surprise. You would have thought Ralf and Button would have disappeared into the distance with their obviously light fuel loads at the start, but they didn't.

Really, TGF just capitalised on what was handed to him.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1002776)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
... nice to see Rubens fighting MS... he atleast did get close
Fighting for position against #1 Ferrari driver is not allowed for #2 Ferrari driver, sorry.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1002781)   #7
Gt_R
Veteran

Right..another assumption

Next?

Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1002782)   #8
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm just shocked and stunned!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 18:59 (Ref:1002787)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

Yes... another BORING race.
I was quite surprised to see him slow Rubens down. Had he not done that, Ferrari definitely would've finished one-two. Anyway it doesnt really matter. No big deal.

I just hope williams, BAR and Renault are a little more competitive at Indianapolis and we can have a better race.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1002788)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
At the point where i watched both Ferraris so close, my immediate thought too was that "why didn't Ferrari order Rubens pass?" when he's being held up by MS?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:

I'm relieved that while Rubens and MS tried to fight for that position, they were still relatively cautious and careful not to trip over each other. MS left plenty of room on the inside in the event that Rubens tried to take the position, Rubens on the otherhand took careful attempts but not risk. Good for them.

It won't be surprising if critics want to rant on this instead of celebrating another history-in-the-making... but they'd only be contradicting themselves if they do. They wanted Ferrari to let RB/MS race each other, yet grumble when MS/Ferrari didn't "let RB through".
I don't wish MS/Ferrari to let RB through - not at all. If he (RB) wants to win, he has to fight for it, and beat the opposition.

I only thought he could have tried harder. I'm not saying he should have taken unnecessary risk or rammed his teammate off, but he could have tried harder IMHO.
He had a few looks to show "hey I'm here", but didn't really make an attempt to pass.
I don't think he wasn't allowed to pass MS, I think he just decided against it.

Which is a pity actually...

Last edited by gert; 13 Jun 2004 at 19:01.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1002798)   #11
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Really, this has to be considered a bit of a surprise. You would have thought Ralf and Button would have disappeared into the distance with their obviously light fuel loads at the start, but they didn't.

cart man oz? That you man? Ya know who this is?! I dont go on yahoo much anymore, send us an email mate, AndrooMP4@Hakkinen.net gotta catch up! I'm comin to Melbourne next year, and maybe Sao Paulo this year too!!

I think Schu and Barrichello could make fantastic actors when they retire from F1. LOL

Great drives from Barrichello, Fisichella and Raikkonen. Williams should have had that race in the pocket, but thats now twice that they have lost a certain victory there.....
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1002810)   #12
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes a good win but the wrong driver RB should have won that the race today
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1002814)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If JPM .aka "I pass whenever i want whoever i want" on a empty fuel load couldnt pass MS . it was unikely rubenscould have . but he tried .. and you could tell from Rubens expression that he was not angry because he lost a second position .. but happy that he could challenge Michael at least for a few laps . and this is a fisrt this season

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1002820)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Haha..didn't you know JPM was also ordered by Ferrari to not overtake MS. It's all one big conspiracy

I don't see how the "wrong driver" won. Both drivers could have won, and whoever done it would have deserved it. RB had his chances to overtake, they had a fight and it came out MS's way. Quite fair enough.

And Rubens isn't one who hides his feelings if team orders were thrown down...and he looked happy today.

Clutching at straws aye those critics?
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1002822)   #15
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
A few laps
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1002824)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's always at lot of clutching at straws when Schumacher wins.

Principally because people are bored of it.

I used to think that, but have come to grudging acknowledge I'm watching history.

Always hoping someone beats him though!

If you beat the best, you must be very good too.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1002828)   #17
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
Quote:
Haha..didn't you know JPM was also ordered by Ferrari to not overtake MS. It's all one big conspiracy

I don't see how the "wrong driver" won. Both drivers could have won, and whoever done it would have deserved it. RB had his chances to overtake, they had a fight and it came out MS's way. Quite fair enough.

And Rubens isn't one who hides his feelings if team orders were thrown down...and he looked happy today.

Clutching at straws aye those critics?
Where you watching the same race. Look we all know that MS is number one in the team we seen it before and we have seen it today. What do expect RB to say in the interview.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1002832)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Which is unfortunate. If people get bored looking at the results only, it's quite a wonder why they bother watching F1 at all.

People overlook the display Ferrari put on after starting from 6th and 7th. They dislike the race simply because MS stood on the top step of the podium at the end. simply they refuse to see anything positive just because they couldn't put aside their disappointment of seeing Ferrari win.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1002833)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After a brilliant le mans that was really pretty boring...
Might just be that I was much too tired to enjoy it properly though. Nasty crash for Massa though...
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1002834)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

Seen what? Your assumption that team orders were used again?

RB didn't hide his facial expressions in Austria 02, it's not what he says, but rather his body language which speaks louder. He's genuinely not unhappy. Yes, Ferrari do have a special liking for MS, but Ferrari did not interfere with the results today. Of course, critics would rather insist otherwise against all odds
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1002835)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good race that....quite interesting.

Good tactics from Ferrari.

I tell you what though, I'm undecided over whether this is their luckiest win of 2004 or their best. They were really handed it by some Renault problems.....

Still, well done to TGF and nice to see Rubens attempting to pass, although I'm not sure if he would have been allowed to pass per se........who knows?

Good race!
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1002838)   #22
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
I dont overlook the fantastic job ferrari did today but one thing i cant overlook is the way they went about it
Old 13 Jun 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1002842)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Which is again, your assumption of how "they went about it" today.

Yes, they've made dubious decisions in the past, but it's time to recognise that both drivers are given room to have some dicing on track today.
Old 13 Jun 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1002847)   #24
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
If the tables where turned and MS was reeling in RB do you think that MS would have followed him or passed him
Old 13 Jun 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1002848)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MS was controlling his pace and could've gone quicker if he had to