Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Sep 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1399338)   #26
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Yep I think I've done it before - one of the earlier ones (2nd or 3rd) with messers Scott & Knyvett as Observers.
As always the company at the Revival enhances the experience. Possibly because most of us are truly enthusiastic about historic racing, rather than just turning up for the regular weakly clubbie.
As for numbersix's concerns about lunch breaks, recent memory is that there was plenty of lunch time. But then in recent years I was on Woodcote and Chicane, both very close to the main spectator/attracion zone.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1399406)   #27
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Yep I think I've done it before - one of the earlier ones (2nd or 3rd) with messers Scott & Knyvett as Observers.
As always the company at the Revival enhances the experience. Possibly because most of us are truly enthusiastic about historic racing, rather than just turning up for the regular weakly clubbie.
As for numbersix's concerns about lunch breaks, recent memory is that there was plenty of lunch time. But then in recent years I was on Woodcote and Chicane, both very close to the main spectator/attracion zone.

Thanks for the lunch info. My good lady will be watching from the bank and we want to 'do lunch' at the interval. I'm really looking forward to the whole weekend. For me it's the best racing/racefun weekend of the whole year.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1399434)   #28
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Passes through and I'm on post 5. Whereabouts on the circuit (apart from between 4 and 6) is post 5? Is it a good post?

Another stupid question I'm afraid - can guests with the complimentary tickets arrive in their own cars without a car park pass? My guest won't be arriving on the Friday with me, so how do they get into a car park without a pass? Will it be a case of using a public car park and walking across to meet me, or do all the car parks need a pass???
Old 5 Sep 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1399436)   #29
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Why not drop Sara Wernham an e-mail and ask if she could let you have an additional pass to the campsite? I'm sure if you explain the situation she will do her best to help where possible.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1399464)   #30
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone got a couple of spare guest passes for the Sunday?

As is (seemingly) normal, BARC won't allow me to marshal there (or find me a job I can do) - so nothing comes in my direction now.

Steve
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1399475)   #31
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant

As is (seemingly) normal, BARC won't allow me to marshal there (or find me a job I can do) - so nothing comes in my direction now.

Steve
this really, really wants to make me avoid the swear filter
now I can understand (slightly) BARC's unwillingness to let Steve marshal, but for gawd's sake, to completely ignore him. It's what? only 5 years since Steve lost his leg marshalling at Goodwood (hillclimb thingy).
Surely, if the love of Steve's life (which he barely escaped with) is motor racing, then I would have thought that at least allowing him free access to Goodwood events for the rest of his life would be a reasonable response from the club that he made the sacrifice for.

In the style of the meeting - bloody poor show chaps
Old 5 Sep 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1399502)   #32
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebrown
If you are looking for a good pub I would recommend the Earl Of March in Lavant.

Steve B
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but "The Earl" has been shut for some time now and when I last drove past about a month ago it was stiil shut!! (Although redecorated and up for sale!)
Old 5 Sep 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1399649)   #33
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Steve
Steve. Am I right in thinking that you cannot marshal anymore since losing your foot? Is this for safety reasons, i.e. getting out of the way when the merde hits the fan? Or what?
Best
Old 5 Sep 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1399729)   #34
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi #6

I lost just a liitle bit more than my foot - I'm an above knee amputee!!!!! Plus my other leg were heavily damaged and is 2 inches shorter than before!!!

And yes, it is because of lack of speed from evacuating scenes that the MSA came up with the ruling that I am not allowed trackside or in pitlane.

Cheers

Steve
Old 7 Sep 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1401449)   #35
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little off the current topic, but does anyone know if there will a recognition of Gerry Marshall's life and legend? Will the Silver Lady grace the track again?

I agree with Mr Snatcher, you would have thought either Lord March or the BARC would see to it Steve was given a lifetimes' admission. Not much to expect really...is it?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1401944)   #36
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got post thirteen, which if memory serves is somewhere near the chicane. Anyone done this post in the past as previously I've always been down in the fordwater / St Mary's area.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1401952)   #37
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
I've got post thirteen, which if memory serves is somewhere near the chicane. Anyone done this post in the past as previously I've always been down in the fordwater / St Mary's area.
Post 13 is the chicane, I did it last year and it was absolutely brilliant.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 07:35 (Ref:1401956)   #38
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Get ready to rebuild the wall every now and then. Collecting hundreds of shattered flowerpots can be fun!
Old 8 Sep 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1402005)   #39
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Good news - Goodwood have sent through tickets to me for all three days!!!!! So won't be in overalls, but will see you all there.

There's even rumours I might stay a night or two on the marshals campsite .......................!!!!!

Steve
Old 8 Sep 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1402061)   #40
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool Steve, please stop by the Assegai (#1 in the Glover Trophy) and say hello.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1402236)   #41
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cynic,

See you at Post 13. Did it on the first ever Revival meeting, and will be a fantastic weekend!

Dan
Old 8 Sep 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1402251)   #42
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan

Post 13 et moi, see you there - balders
Old 8 Sep 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1402297)   #43
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photogenic boys.....be alert & be prepared!
Old 8 Sep 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1402353)   #44
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good news - Goodwood have sent through tickets to me for all three days!!!!! So won't be in overalls, but will see you all there.

There's even rumours I might stay a night or two on the marshals campsite .......................!!!!!

Steve
good hope you have a good weekend (AIGP you can have our spare tickets for brands weekend. ok bud...thanks for today...coveralls)
Old 9 Sep 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1402776)   #45
marcosmantula
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
marcosmantula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As this will be my first time to the Revival and am due to be on post 2 I have a couple of questions.

Post 2 requires me to wear white probans which the organisers will supply. Does anybody know what sizes they have available as I'm not exactly of average proportions.

What sort of head gear can I wear? I assume a baseball cap is not quite in keeping with the whole experience.

Can I get into the paddock area wearing the white or do I need some more authentic attire?

Any info to help me get the best out of the weekend will be appreciated.

Neal
Old 9 Sep 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1402788)   #46
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having done post 2 in the past, I can help you with the first two questions:

White Overalls - I think they are pretty much one size fits all. If you're on the short side you may need to hike them up a bit but otherwise you should be ok.

Baseball caps - obviously not "in keeping" with the experience, but I've never been clapped in irons for wearing one yet.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1402789)   #47
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Try getting or borrowing a 'flat cap'
Old 9 Sep 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1402808)   #48
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcosmantula, please don't take this the wrong way, but if you read your final instructions from the BARC it does tell you about the dress code. As for the size of white overalls, it is a liitle bit open to what they have, having said that I am hardly the 'perfect 10' but I generally find something that will fit. Yes no baseball caps, flat cap, trilby or bowler will suffice, also if you want to get into the paddock, white overalls need to be removed and replaced by correct dress code. you don't have to have the white overalls, unless of course you are running around, many flag marshals will wear period dress. It may seem a liitle too much trouble for some people to dress up, but believe me if you don't you will feel the one left out.
It is a tremendous event probably the best meeting of the year and well worth the effort of joining in. - Balders
Old 9 Sep 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1402856)   #49
marcosmantula
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
marcosmantula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanks for the info guys.

I did read the instruction regarding the dress code, however the Revival web site indicates that white overalls are acceptable dress (it doesn't mention what you wear underneath them ) and I just wondered if the white probans were an acceptable alternative.

I will do my best to obtain a suitable outfit for the weekend.
Old 9 Sep 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1402880)   #50
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick correction. White overalls will suffice for getting into the paddock - they are classified as "period dress". So at Post 2, you won't need to find other period dress if you have the overalls.

I've always worn a baseball cap on post (keeps off the sun), although this will need to be removed before entering the paddock of course!