Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

2019 6Hrs of Spa Francorchamps
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

27 Sep 2019 to 29 Sep 2019 07:00 to 17:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Grids to follow but the main event remains the jewel in historic racing's crown.

Other races will include MRL x 3, HSCC Closed Wheel, U2TC, Jaguar Challenge, Masters grids and HGPCA.

Old 7 Sep 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3926340)   #61
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomracer View Post
Has anyone got a good route from Hoek of Holland (Rotterdam) to Spa?

I did it in the summer and made the mistake of going south via Antwerp etc and have never seen so many lorries on the road at one time. Maybe going via Eindhoven will steer me away from truck city?
Iíve never done Spa from The Hook, but mileages are virtually the same via either of the cities you mention. No idea how busy Eindhoven gets, without constant traffic flow checking on google maps or other similar app.

Was going to suggest you get a truck, then you wonít feel left out while circumnavigating Antwerp!
Old 7 Sep 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3926352)   #62
pomracer
Racer

pomracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree would certainly feel at home, but maybe a tad extravagant for one race meeting!
I suppose that all of Europes sea freight moves via either Rotterdam or Antwerp so hardly surprising the volume of artics.

Will stick with trusty 4x4 & trailer, and annoy most of Belgium (oops, and Holland) by going just a little bit faster than the thousands of trucks.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3926726)   #63
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As usual nobody on here mentions the Pre War Sports Car race on Friday.
Itís a decent entry although I am not in favour of the VSCC type specials being allowed to run.
Usual entry in 6 hours to see if we can get past seven o clock
Usually in the Pizza Resturant by 8.30 .At least you get a table!
Back via Brussels on Sunday and itís usually the day they close major cities to bikes and pedestrians only.
If anyone wants a passenger on Thursday I am available as am getting to old to be arsed to drive over!
Lots of old posters on the thread.Hallo Mr Hall.!
Old 8 Sep 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3926731)   #64
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomracer View Post
Has anyone got a good route from Hoek of Holland (Rotterdam) to Spa?

I did it in the summer and made the mistake of going south via Antwerp etc and have never seen so many lorries on the road at one time. Maybe going via Eindhoven will steer me away from truck city?
I did it once, 3 or 4 years ago (also for the 6-hours event) from Rotterdam Port via the Eindhoven and Maastricht route - very pleasant journey, no problems. In the years before and after that I'd flown into Amsterdam and again driven via Eindhoven / Maastricht - again no problems.

I think two years running there was a lot of construction work driving through the Eindhoven area but that was maybe 10-15 mins in stop / start traffic, nothing much.
Old 12 Sep 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3927508)   #65
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thuth beknown I will miss the Marcos with Richard Evens this year . That sure is a fast car . Still the best event of the year .
First time Ive missed the meeting since 2001 and only second time to miss 6 Hours since 2008 a trip to Angouleme being the other. Some remarkably quick other Marcoses out this year. See you at Goodwood Iain
Old 15 Sep 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3928089)   #66
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa 6 Hours Entry List on page.

I imagine updated

http://www.spasixhours.com/wp-conten...1_SSH_2019.pdf
Old 15 Sep 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3928092)   #67
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Next question
How many real GT40’s
Or how many built north of Essex
Old 15 Sep 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3928098)   #68
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Next question
How many real GT40ís
Or how many built north of Essex
Probably none.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3928101)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
None of which? Originals or those built North of Essex?
Old 15 Sep 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3928117)   #70
Willmaz223
Veteran

Non originals
Old 15 Sep 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3928119)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm. Ok.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3928127)   #72
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

We figured there were possibly 2/3 last year but a so called authority told us that was rubbish in that there was only one !

Remember the year we were asked to get involved with a German GT40 and most of papers were photocopied and pasted.

The diligent and brilliant scrut worked that out!

Got to say that now he posting again!
Old 15 Sep 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3928134)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3928350)   #74
Willmaz223
Veteran

MRL Entries on website.

http://www.spasixhours.com/index.php...gages/?lang=en
Old Yesterday, 09:50 (Ref:3928658)   #75
Rikki Cann
Subscriber
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know its become a GT40 race but i still think that a TVR Griffiths 400 could win. lots of power and very light, great little car, shame the prices have gone through the roof.