Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2002, 00:10 (Ref:218246)   #241
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TimB--- you think that Happy wanted to pinch Jeffie's neck off because he thought that it was his own fault? LMAO- Harvick is a good boy- He'd say it was a racing thing---because that is what it was. BUT if gordon hadn't have stuck his nose in there---it wouldn't have happened.

When Sterling tried the same move of Jeffie---Jeffie tried to block him- Forced him down below the yellow line. Fair play.

Jeffie even said later that he should have backed off in both cases- & made the passes cleanly---he could have won the race. He ain't perfect after all! LOL. He can screw up & he did!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 01:18 (Ref:218263)   #242
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I think he wanted to pinch his neck off for the same reason everyone else does. He's the guy with the hottest record of most active NASCAR drivers. He's the guy who everyone loves to hate. He's the reigning 4 time Winston Cup Champion. He's Jeff Gordon.

Ok, so you want to know why I don't see a problem here?

Harvick tried to block Gordon. Result? Harvick wrecked.
Gordon tried to block Marlin. Result? Gordon wrecked.

Same moves. Same motivations. Same results. See my point? Nobody is at fault. I mean sure, I'll bet Jeff Gordon would like to pinch Sterling Marlin's neck off too. But do I think what either of them did was intentional? No. It's just racing. What goes around, comes around.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 01:51 (Ref:218274)   #243
Racerex
Rookie

Racerex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tim B
[B]No, I think he wanted to pinch his neck off for the same reason everyone else does. He's the guy with the hottest record of most active NASCAR drivers. He's the guy who everyone loves to hate. He's the reigning 4 time Winston Cup Champion. He's [b]Jeff Gordon

I THINK IM GUNNA PUKE!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 01:54 (Ref:218275)   #244
Roselady3
Veteran

Yep- TimB you are a decent Gordhead fan. You are consistant with your judgements- which MOST other Gordhead fans don't seem capable of.

I personally feel (OK her comes the womans view again)
NASCAR allows blocking. They will all do it. I put the blame on the drivers who attempted the passes that they were not capable of making at that time. They took out alot of innocent good drivers.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 04:20 (Ref:218296)   #245
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Quote:
Originally posted by Racerex
I THINK IM GUNNA PUKE!

Well, my friend, you have come to the right place. Our exclusive manufacturers have produced a limited quantity of these hand crafted Jeff Gordon 2001 Winston Cup Championship Barf Buckets, specially made for NASCAR fans. They will hold 35 gallons of your finest expectorations, and are 100% guaranteed never to leak. These fine quality buckets have strong handles and solid rubber wheels for easy transportation to and from the dumpster of your choice (not supplied) and are specially weighted at the bottom so they will not easily tip over.

And if you buy today, we will throw in a pair, yes a pair, of Rainbow Warrior Chin Dribble Guards, absolutely FREE. A $99.99 retail value! All this is yours for the paltry sum of $999.99! Don't just sit there making a mess in your lap! Get your's today!

(Lids sold seperately. Orders limited to stock currently available. Free offer void where prohibited by NASCAR Rules. Shipping and handling not included.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
Yep- TimB you are a decent Gordhead fan. You are consistant with your judgements- which MOST other Gordhead fans don't seem capable of.

I personally feel (OK her comes the womans view again)
NASCAR allows blocking. They will all do it. I put the blame on the drivers who attempted the passes that they were not capable of making at that time. They took out alot of innocent good drivers.
Well, thank you, Rosie Dear. That's because, to me NASCAR Racing is just a game. It should be fun, and as you can see by my usual way of posting, the first half of this one included, I love to make jokes, specially with people I think can handle my brand of humor. (Sorry if that ain't you, Racerex... But that obviously was intended to be a joke.)

And yes, I do believe you're right. NASCAR does allow blocking. They also allow intimidating, rubbing, passing, failing, idiotic announcers who really shouldn't give up their day jobs... And a host of other things that makes watching racing a ton of fun. And I do got it bad. In fact, I got it so bad, I've been playing "Brown to the Bone" all afternoon on my guitar...

But since we are such good friends, Rosie, I'll tell you the honest to God's truth. You want to know why I say I am a Jeff Gordon fan? He is the spittin' image of my son Nick. They could be twins, they look so much alike. And since I never get to see him anymore because he is in the Army, and I am obviously a NASCAR freak anyway, I like to watch Jeff Gordon because it's sort of like watching my son drive a race car.

But in truth, I am not really a fan of any particular driver, or even NASCAR. I am actually a racing nut. I'll watch almost any kind of racing. NASCAR is my favorite, of course, and statisticly I know more about it than other kinds of racing, but I also like drag racing, motorcycle racing, boat racing, F1, CART, IRL... Even bicycle racing. If it goes fast, I like it.

Oh, there is one other reason I say I'm a Jeffiepoo fan too... I love to poke fun at you and all the other AntiGordos!

Last edited by Tim B; 18 Feb 2002 at 04:29.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 04:53 (Ref:218299)   #246
Roselady3
Veteran

Love ya too Tim- I just KNEW you couldn't be an average Gordon fan......LMAO
Old 18 Feb 2002, 05:14 (Ref:218304)   #247
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I generally don't watch many nascar races, but this one was a must see. With all the swerving and blocking, it is surprising that there weren't more big wrecks. But if nascar allows it, it is what you have to do to win. But if you can fend off a clean pass with a cheap swerve, the onus is on mindless weaving rather than a clean, skillfully executed pass. Is that quality racing?

As far as Gordon turning Harvick around, first Kev moved high to block and then when Gordon went low, he tried to block him again. I don't think it is ok to swerve even once, but most people think one move is ok. Kev moved TWICE to block the same pass, so I don't have much sympathy for him at all.

And the Gordon/Marlin thing was a wierd deal too. Sterling hit him, then went below the line (where he wasn't supposed to be) and when Jeff came down (still above the line), he got turned around. Now, Jeff can't be blamed for running into someone who is where he is not supposed to be. But Gordon took the blame on himself, so it is also hard to fault Sterling if that is the case.

In all, the Gordon haters will have plenty to complain about and Marlin leaves the 500 with another tangle ruining his day.

And Al bundy was probably cheering at the finish. The old Dodge wins again!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 05:22 (Ref:218306)   #248
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Ward didn't score 4 touchdowns for Polk high in the city championship either...*G*
Old 18 Feb 2002, 07:04 (Ref:218327)   #249
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
Love ya too Tim- I just KNEW you couldn't be an average Gordon fan......LMAO
You did? What gave me away? Was it that buying 30 Dale Earnhardt pre-1988 Wrangler Team posters to give to my family and friends thing? Damn, the truth is out. I'll never live that one down, will I?
Old 18 Feb 2002, 11:54 (Ref:218416)   #250
Racerex
Rookie

Racerex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Tim .
Old 18 Feb 2002, 12:56 (Ref:218434)   #251
Roselady3
Veteran

No Tim- It was because you are reasonable, & can admit if Jeffie does something imperfect.
Old 18 Feb 2002, 23:17 (Ref:218692)   #252
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Well, actually, that's another reason I like ol' Jeffie. He can admit he ain't perfect too, and he does. I am still laughing at Sterling Marlin for trying to say he didn't know you ain't supposed to work on the cars under a red flag. How many years has he been in Winston Cup racing now?

What do you think? Is he a stupid hick who didn't know any better, like he seems to want people to think, or was he lying about not knowing the rules of the sport he's participated in for years? I tend to think he was lying. I thought he had more class than that.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 00:32 (Ref:218708)   #253
Roselady3
Veteran

I would say that he's just a Hick---but that wouldn't be fair to hicks. They even know the rules of their games. LOL.

He was lying & trying to get away with something that he knows isn't allowed. You're right- I too thought he had too much class for that move----but what can you expect from CooCoo's Son! LOL.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 02:44 (Ref:218720)   #254
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
No, I reckon it wouldn't be fair to hicks. I'm a Hick, and even though I ain't one of them NASCAR drivers, I does know ya ain't sposed to work on yer racin' car when they's got dat red flag out. Kayuk kayuk...

But it didn't bother me that he was trying to pull the fender out, I thought it was funny because I know that's against the rules, and was laughing my buns off. Specially when the NASCAR official came flying out of the Pace Car and stopped him. But then when he lied about not knowing he shouldn't do it, I said "Liar!!!" That actually made me lose some respect for the guy.