Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Aug 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2739376)   #126
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Clean it up or people will be taking vacations from this site.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2739409)   #127
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I quite fancy a good soap opera from time to time.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2739446)   #128
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
Clean it up or people will be taking vacations from this site.
Indeed. Doesn't even make for good reading. Quite pedantic really.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2740131)   #129
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You all know what's sad? This thread was fine until 6157 began posting. I'm just saying.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2740165)   #130
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
You all know what's sad? This thread was fine until 6157 began posting. I'm just saying.
The ignorant usually do dislike it when common sense, logic, and reality come along to ruin the fun.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 03:50 (Ref:2740184)   #131
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
The ignorant usually do dislike it when common sense, logic, and reality come along to ruin the fun.
h
What does that have to do with you?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2740236)   #132
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol, are you guys seriously gonna use the warning to stop mudthrowing, as a catalyst for another mudthrowing match?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2740393)   #133
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
6157, if you can not express youself without using insulting words, then don't express yourseff. It takes wisdom, and inteligace to make your point without insulting the other party! if you wan't to change someones opinion or defend against it, poving them right in the next post you make is not the brightest of ideas!
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2740402)   #134
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enjoy your vacation, 6157...

Maybe an attitude adjustment is in order here...

Ya think so?

I sure do...

Enjoy your time away...I know we will

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Aug 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2746219)   #135
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As in all of society there are rules and mores to follow. Sad when someone does not realize the selfinflicted. Oh well.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2746685)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now what was the topic...... Perhaps someone can remember - alternatively with no post on-topic for a fortnight, we can always close the thread if sensible chat on the subject has been exhausted....?
Old 19 Aug 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2747247)   #137
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Now what was the topic...... Perhaps someone can remember - alternatively with no post on-topic for a fortnight, we can always close the thread if sensible chat on the subject has been exhausted....?
The IMSA needs a new direction, any direction that is different from the path it was on.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2747276)   #138
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, another what if then: If the ACO focuses on the LMIC, then would there be chance they might intergrate the LMS and the AsLMS into it, with the AMLS going it's own way, leaving Sebring and Road Atlanta to the ACO and becoming something else?

It could happen, but how likely it could happen is a different story.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2747370)   #139
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I would say the ALMS without Sebring and Petit would be a dead duck, unless it was totally remade into something else, like a revival of the old Group 7 CanAm type rules (modernized). Some sort of "WOW" new product. Not going to happen.

I am not really sure either of those events, Sebring and Petit, would continue to exist as ACO events either-a full grid isn't going to ship in unless the travel is funded along with a lot of other factors like purse structure, etc.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2747381)   #140
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Hmm, another what if then: If the ACO focuses on the LMIC, then would there be chance they might intergrate the LMS and the AsLMS into it, with the AMLS going it's own way, leaving Sebring and Road Atlanta to the ACO and becoming something else?

So as long as Mr. Panoz owns the ALMS and those tracks, sound highly unlikely his sanction would not race at his tracks.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2747774)   #141
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post

I think you will see going forward a linking or merge of LMS with LMIC. However that would still be a series dominated by European based teams. The majority of races like any series based out of Europe will be mainly in Europe with a host of fly-away races.

ALMS will continue because the US is the largest car market and has better TV coverage. I don't see the grids at Sebring and Petit being more than 49-50 cars going forward even with a mature LMIC/LMS. This will mean a drop to maybe 40 cars per regular season events, if the expansion of LMP2, LMP1 and GTC largely comes to past including a 2nd Ford GT, 2nd Jaguar and who knows if another Porsche team will appear in GT(2) by 2011.

Baring any other major fluctuations in the economy which are not likely because let's be honest, the Rich were largely bailed out, GM is set to offer an IPO thanks to the Government. So for them, besides less people being able to actual buy new cars because of flagging wages/jobs.

This is apart of the topic and not to be discounted. As long as there butts in the seats and a few million watching around the world, the ALMS will be around for some time to come.

They just need to boost the marketing and earnings model so its worth-wide to even compete in the series.