Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Mar 2018, 02:49 (Ref:3807663)   #46
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Passion.

Many of us are passionate about the Fords on the grid and the teams that put them there.

You could be passionate about Ford cars, many of them are very good.

You could be passionate about the teams.

But the teams are only putting Fords on the grid for commercial reasons. Not because they love Ford. I don't get why one would link the two?
Old 13 Mar 2018, 03:31 (Ref:3807670)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

But the teams are only putting Fords on the grid for commercial reasons. Not because they love Ford. I don't get why one would link the two?
you just described why we link the two, we barrack for the teams that run the product, when they change we stop supporting them. Brand first, team second then driver.

but we can still show interest in teams and drivers who drive other brands, but that doesnt mean we pay money for them

I would expect the same opinions would apply to holden fans only more severe

your comments sound like you are a new australian and have missed 50 years of motor racing in australia,

Last edited by peckstar; 13 Mar 2018 at 03:45.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 04:57 (Ref:3807677)   #48
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I am .

I am, and said so.

I realise that, but had they never chosen Ford I may never have created the link to what became V8SC. My family and I formed a relationship with the Ford brand well before anyone thought up V8supercars. I didn't link the 2, certain teams did that. Its all a bonus for me because there are Fords on the grid of a sport I enjoy. If there was never a Moffat in a coupe or Dick in an XD and V8SC was always a Holden only series, its possible I would never be a fan of the racing because nothing was there of interest
Old 13 Mar 2018, 04:59 (Ref:3807678)   #49
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
your comments sound like you are a new australian and have missed 50 years of motor racing in australia,
lol, nope

If Supers can't even connect with Gen X, let alone Gen Y they are in big trouble!

They can't rely on baby boomers for all their revenues (including sponsors and team owners!).
Old 13 Mar 2018, 06:47 (Ref:3807696)   #50
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=V8 Fireworks;3807678If Supers can't even connect with Gen X, let alone Gen Y they are in big trouble![/QUOTE]

Well - which world sport IS connecting with the Gen Ys and Millenials of the world?

They are not really watching TV, they are not really going to sport all that much compared to in the past, too busy Facetwitchatting each other.....
Old 13 Mar 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3807705)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
lol, nope

If Supers can't even connect with Gen X, let alone Gen Y they are in big trouble!

They can't rely on baby boomers for all their revenues (including sponsors and team owners!).
But im Gen X, as are most off my friends that i attend with. and many posters on here (im guessing not yourself though based on your comments)

You just summed up motorpsort as a whole's problem. Gen Y dont overly care about motorsport (some do. Its a concern for all motosport though. I really struggle to see any solution on that
Old 13 Mar 2018, 23:13 (Ref:3807832)   #52
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Fords would be a huge blow to the series - when was the last ATCC or similar race without one?

Assuming Nissan goes too, becoming the new Commodore Cup would remove a lot of the audience, rightly or wrongly. Is there a major motorsport championship anywhere in the world with just one brand racing? Ie more significant than Porsche Supercup.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3807833)   #53
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
No Fords would be a huge blow to the series - when was the last ATCC or similar race without one?

Assuming Nissan goes too, becoming the new Commodore Cup would remove a lot of the audience, rightly or wrongly. Is there a major motorsport championship anywhere in the world with just one brand racing? Ie more significant than Porsche Supercup.
Stock car Brazil (which Frosty raced in on the weekend) is made up totally of Chevrolet Cruze
Old 14 Mar 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3807889)   #54
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post

That would lead to even more creative methods being devised to 'record' crowd numbers.