Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 13 Feb 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3800964)   #2056
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Hmm.. Can't post a link easily as on mobile but an image in response to Motorbase's announcement shows Tordoff's car with Duo sponsors on it, which are not present in all the official photos...

Hard to know when the pictures were taken, but hope they haven't lost Duo's sponsorship.... or is it connected with Jackson...?
Good spot.

Old 13 Feb 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3800965)   #2057
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Dublin
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
The door opens for Mat Jackson to TD then? Sams money fills the hole left by a Mat departure, plus one ANOther pay driver to make 3 cars?
Matt Jacksons money?! I think big Dave has been propping him up for years!!
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3800969)   #2058
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hmm.. Can't post a link easily as on mobile but an image in response to Motorbase's announcement shows Tordoff's car with Duo sponsors on it, which are not present in all the official photos...

Hard to know when the pictures were taken, but hope they haven't lost Duo's sponsorship.... or is it connected with Jackson...?
From Mat Jackson's Twitter Profile:

'BTCC Driver - Ford Focus sponsored by E Spares, Volvo Trucks, Mountune, Silverstone Auctions, DUO, IKO, Shredded Wheat'

Jackson tags DUO in his own posts - Tordoff and Chilton don't refer to DUO in their own promotion - so has the sponsorship followed Jackson elsewhere????

(Chilton does tag IKO, Gallagher and Shredded Wheat)
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3800971)   #2059
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
From Mat Jackson's Twitter Profile:

'BTCC Driver - Ford Focus sponsored by E Spares, Volvo Trucks, Mountune, Silverstone Auctions, DUO, IKO, Shredded Wheat'

Tordoff and Chilton don't refer to DUO in their own promotion - so has the sponsorship followed Jackson elsewhere????
http://www.btcc.net/2016/02/11/mat-j...mance-line-up/

couple of years ago but implies heavily that DUO was Jacksons sponsor
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3800974)   #2060
Robin Marriott
Racer

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duo donít JUST sponsor one car/team though, unless Mat Jackson is secretly Rob Austin...
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3800979)   #2061
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Duo donít JUST sponsor one car/team though, unless Mat Jackson is secretly Rob Austin...
True - but they do say that they only sponsor drivers, not teams.

'Proud sponsors of various British Touring Car drivers'

And as their sponsorship has disappeared from a car in a team that Jackson had signed for - it might indicate that Jackson is also going to disappear from that team?
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3800980)   #2062
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a large DUO sticker on his helmet...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTQwpBJXkAA11_5.jpg (Hopefully this works)
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3800982)   #2063
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Quite a large DUO sticker on his helmet...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTQwpBJXkAA11_5.jpg (Hopefully this works)
So, DUO are a personal sponsor of Mat Jackson.

DUO's logo is not present on a Motorbase car published today from an official photo-shoot.

Jackson + DUO ≠ Motorbase ?
Old 13 Feb 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3800987)   #2064
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
There could be a bit too much 2 = 2 =45 going on here...
The 'official' picture posted of Sam Tordoff's car was side on, the mobile 'phone picture was front on. The Duo logo's clearly visible on the front of his Focus would not be visible in a side profile picture.
The inside roller shutter door which is behind the car in the mobile 'phone picture looks like the same door the official side-on picture was taken outside of. Sam Tordoff appears to be wearing the same Motorbase jacket and red/black shoes in both pictures, so I'd assume that these two pictures were taken one immediately after (or before!) the other...
Old 13 Feb 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3800989)   #2065
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
Scotland
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isnít it funny how a year on from Jordan leaving Motorbase as they couldnít run a car in the Pirtek livery,Tordoff turns up with a unique livery to his team mates!!!
Old 13 Feb 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3800990)   #2066
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The 'official' picture posted of Sam Tordoff's car was side on, the mobile 'phone picture was front on. The Duo logo's clearly visible on the front of his Focus would not be visible in a side profile picture.
The inside roller shutter door which is behind the car in the mobile 'phone picture looks like the same door the official side-on picture was taken outside of. Sam Tordoff appears to be wearing the same Motorbase jacket and red/black shoes in both pictures, so I'd assume that these two pictures were taken one immediately after (or before!) the other...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV6eZrOW4AAAlb7?format=jpg&name=large - No logos here! No insider knowlegde from me at all, just something I noticed in the photos...
Old 13 Feb 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3800993)   #2067
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV6eZrOW4AAAlb7.jpg where?
Old 13 Feb 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3800994)   #2068
BobJones
Racer

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dude.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3800996)   #2069
RS67
Racer

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
To recap, the Welch TBL which was loaned to Motorbase has now gone to HARD/Brisky. I am unsure if it's still loaned, or now purchased ó anyone able to clarify, please?

Then, to facilitate the Tordoff deal, it sounds like Motorbase has acquired a BMR TBL.
I was under the impression TBL's were awarded to teams based on the previous seasons entry. As Welch never ran last year, I would have thought that meant he would have to relinquish his right to the TBL.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3800998)   #2070
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I was under the impression TBL's were awarded to teams based on the previous seasons entry. As Welch never ran last year, I would have thought that meant he would have to relinquish his right to the TBL.
Welch owned the TBL, Motorbase ran on their behalf so i believe that fulfills their requirement