Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1416080)   #1
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Forza Fernando! Alonso is World Champion!

I may be a rookie, but I'd like to be the first to congratulate Fernando Alonso on winning the 2005 World Championship. But, who here believes that Raikkonen, on merit, should be champion, not taking anything away from Fernando?
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1416082)   #2
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Fernando Alonso-World Champion 2005

Brilliant driving all season, a deserved champion.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1416083)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beat me to it, but yes.

Well done Mr Alonso
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1416084)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, he did a great job all year long, congratulations to Fernando and Renault. And the McLaren 1-2 (I still can't believe it ) made it a bit easier to swallow
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1416088)   #5
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don´t like F1, but i get excited now. Incredible moment, a Spanish F1 champion was a crazy idea just ten years ago.

Congratulations Fernando!
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1416089)   #6
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel flippin emotional.

A great driver!
A great guy!
A great champion!

Well deserved and the marking of a new era.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1416090)   #7
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best man won. He's seems a smashing lad, and its totally deserved. Best team too, for my money.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1416095)   #8
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i always thought alonso would be champ one day, but i never thought it would come so soon. well done, and i'm sure there will be more to come
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1416096)   #9
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alanso is Champion No One Else.

Kimi should not be champion in reality or on merit because he drove for Mclaren. They didn't have the best car overall. Forumla 1 is a team effort even in the Drivers Championship, so if the car is not good enough to get you to the finish line then you shouldn't be world champion. Who is to say that if Kimi was driving a Reno this year that Alanso would not have beat'in him. Unless the two were int he same identical cars and one proved to be faster then the other but was let down by the car multiple times then you could say that on merit kimi should be world champion, but they drive for opposite teams & for Reno Reliablility proved better then sheer speed this year in the drivers championship.

The Constructors championship on the other hand is still open to both teams.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1416100)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic, a nice result - a 1-2 for Mclaren and a championship for Fernando.

We were let down by ITV's coverage at the end - how come Eurosport can do it for MotoGP but ITV can't?

Well done Fernando!!!
Old 25 Sep 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1416102)   #11
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After 5 unbearable years...

Schumacher's reign is over.

Vamos Fernando
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1416110)   #12
TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done fernando.....tottally deserved it...but now i would like the mclarens to take the constructors now cos i also feel they deserve that title with the luck they have had......
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1416123)   #13
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Fernando. He has had a great year, particulary in the first half. I think after the first, say 10 races, McLaren upped their game. Its clear that they have the fastest car out there and I would like to see them take the constructors title.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1416130)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
A hearty congratulations to Fernando. Of course Kimi, on merit, shouldn't be champion. Why? Because Alonso has won it.

A well done for Mclaren finally getting the 1-2 that has been a longtime coming, as well as for taking the lead in the WCC. I would be surprised if Mclaren don't win the WCC, but, with it being a two race shoot-out, anything could happen.

HOWEVER, to re-iterate, since it is the main purpore of this thread, I offer my whole hearted congratulations to Fernando for winning the 2005 FIA Formula One WDC.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1416134)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice avatar Jarcey, although I had a similar one in mind, ya beat me to it!

Fappin' awesome race......perfect result. Montoya with a frankly audacious drive and Alonso crowned champ deservedly. Very emotional stuff, still grinning now!

No doubt certain factions will try to diminish the guys achievement, but for me he was the only guy worthy of being champion 100% this year. One fatal race error all year and it was a miniscule one at that.

Well done Fernando, the youngest ever Formula 1 World Champion.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1416137)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
YAY!!!!...Fernando really deserves this....
couldnt have happened to a nicer guy and a better driver!.... a breath of fresh air for f1...and hopefully next year we'll have a determined MS and Kimi fighting along with Alonso...

Fernando ALonso deserving WDC a perfect year!!!! and i came all the way back just to say this!!!
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1416157)   #17
mike bt
Rookie

mike bt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt about it! Alonso deserves to be World Champion, and Kimi's a worthy runner-up. Congratulations to both of them for giving us such an entertaining and exciting season of racing.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1416160)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Congratulations Fernando Alonso 2005 WDC. I am very happy for you, you deserve it and this could not have happened to a *nicer* guy.. You are a great ambassador for the sport.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1416179)   #19
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Nice avatar Jarcey, although I had a similar one in mind, ya beat me to it!
Photoshop during pitstop 1 - MS's head was quite large and needed a bit of work to reduce it in size.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1416184)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, it's beautifully done and you couldn't have chosen a more endearing image of Michael.

What's with his expression? Has he just lost a title or something?
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1416193)   #21
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

We should talk like this otherwise someone will be on to us! But I did manage to find a grim faced one on Google and slightly adjusted the colour to make him look more 'ashen'.

Now to keep this back on thread - did you see the reactions in the cinema's in Spain. It must be ace for them as a country to have a champ - I can remember what it was like here when Damon one and Murray burst into tears on air.

It's great stuff and how I wish I was sitting in Plaza Espana in Madrid with a big bottle of Vina Sol.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1416199)   #22
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You Little Beauty!!
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1416205)   #23
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Alonso you deserve the championship with great driving
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1416210)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Fernando for his title!

Congrats to Fernando... and for the people that most trusted on him in his way to the F1 World Championship: Renault F1 Team, Giancarlo Minardi and Adrián Campos.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1416221)   #25
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats to Fernando. Well deserved!