Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4121707)   #176
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
You've Been Framed
Ha I thought that went about 15 years ago!
Old 3 Aug 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4121708)   #177
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
This weekend for example is ... the 45,346th repeat of an old Bond film.
Oh good, which one is it? So much better than the newer ones.
Old 3 Aug 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4121709)   #178
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Oh good, which one is it? So much better than the newer ones.
You Only Live Twice this time round.
Old 3 Aug 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4121711)   #179
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
Totally agree.I sense ITV may be losing interest.

It has been a big summer of sport, (although not sure ITV have the rights to that much of it!)
Let’s hope ITV don’t read all of this nonsense. Talk about biting the hand that feeds - without TV the series would be dead within gone season. How can reschedule from ITV 4 to ITV be a bad thing?! How about a bit of positivity rather than the constant relentless moaning ?
Old 4 Aug 2022, 07:31 (Ref:4121745)   #180
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't see what's wrong with moving it to ITV1 now and again. At least it gets a more mainstream audience. And I doubt Gow would want to lose ITV. He has said the last thing he wants to do is have the coverage behind a paywall
Old 4 Aug 2022, 08:23 (Ref:4121747)   #181
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Let’s hope ITV don’t read all of this nonsense. Talk about biting the hand that feeds - without TV the series would be dead within gone season. How can reschedule from ITV 4 to ITV be a bad thing?! How about a bit of positivity rather than the constant relentless moaning ?
I just hope they don't read the official BTCC Facebook page. You think people were having to give up their first born to watch it on ITV with some of the comments on there.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4121769)   #182
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
If he had, there would have been a penalty.
If he had meant to do it AND gained an advantage fair enough....he tucked in behind Sutton and they continued battling after that.

I find it mildly amusing the way some people comment on her reading Hill being overly aggressive...lots of very short memories about there majority of the grid - including Sutton - being pretty robust - and that's a more appropriate description - robust...surely we all want good, hard, fair racing don't we?

Jake did not gain an advantage - why would he risk damaging his car and hitting Sutton intentionally and know he would get a penalty if he fired him off? Both of them drove robustly - Turkington hit Sutton too but no one seems to pick up on that!

Let's just celebrate arguably the two quickest drivers at the moment going for it at a circuit that rewards commitment!
Old 4 Aug 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4121799)   #183
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
If he had meant to do it AND gained an advantage fair enough....he tucked in behind Sutton and they continued battling after that.

I find it mildly amusing the way some people comment on her reading Hill being overly aggressive...lots of very short memories about there majority of the grid - including Sutton - being pretty robust - and that's a more appropriate description - robust...surely we all want good, hard, fair racing don't we?

Jake did not gain an advantage - why would he risk damaging his car and hitting Sutton intentionally and know he would get a penalty if he fired him off? Both of them drove robustly - Turkington hit Sutton too but no one seems to pick up on that!

Let's just celebrate arguably the two quickest drivers at the moment going for it at a circuit that rewards commitment!
Are you Jake’s father Simon by any chance!?
Old 4 Aug 2022, 18:06 (Ref:4121810)   #184
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Josh Cook is moaning about lack of power from the TOCA engine - Rory Butcher seemed to be going alright. I hope TOCA don’t fall for it like they did earlier in the season…./
Old 4 Aug 2022, 18:16 (Ref:4121811)   #185
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I see Josh Cook is moaning about lack of power from the TOCA engine - Rory Butcher seemed to be going alright. I hope TOCA don’t fall for it like they did earlier in the season…./
Well, smack me down with a feather.
A BTCC driver providing an excuse for results by blaming something outside their control.

Next thing, you'll be telling me someone has complained about RWD advantage, lack of overtaking and a support race not being on TV?

In seriousness, Plato is in the team. So trying to manipulate the series administration is par for the cause. It's typical gamesmanship.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 18:20 (Ref:4121812)   #186
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Jake did not gain an advantage
From Sutton's perspective, there is an argument that says Jake did gain an advantage in the longer term.

The impact damaged Sutton's rear suspension, causing him to lose rear grip. This will have meant Sutton's front tyres were working harder, giving the RWD cars a better tyre balance late race.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4121818)   #187
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

The impact damaged Sutton's rear suspension, .
and we ended up again on the too fragile nature of current NGTC cars...
Old 5 Aug 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4121836)   #188
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and we ended up again on the too fragile nature of current NGTC cars...
No - we end up with the fact that in almost all forms of motorsport, if one car slams into the back of another, there is a high chance that one of both cars will suffer damage.

The damage suffered by Sutton had nothing to do with the fragility of NGTC cars. It was actually an example of how, even after suffering damage, an NGTC car can still race and give a good result.
Old 5 Aug 2022, 08:16 (Ref:4121846)   #189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember the S2000 cars had even more fragile suspension or was that just the SEAT Leon?
Old 5 Aug 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4121865)   #190
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=crmalcolm;4121836]No - we end up with the fact that in almost all forms of motorsport, if one car slams into the back of another, there is a high chance that one of both cars will suffer damage.[quote]

there is a difference between cosmetic damage and actual damage

Quote:
The damage suffered by Sutton had nothing to do with the fragility of NGTC cars. It was actually an example of how, even after suffering damage, an NGTC car can still race and give a good result.
you really beleive that ? Super tourers used to do near demolition derby and still not such issues
Old 5 Aug 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4121909)   #191
3marinadrive
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Are you Jake’s father Simon by any chance!?
Just very close to the Hill family. Have been a big supporter of Jake since the beginning. As you can no doubt tell!
Old 5 Aug 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4121919)   #192
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just very close to the Hill family. Have been a big supporter of Jake since the beginning. As you can no doubt tell!
Tell Jake thanks very much for always making time to speak to my boy and sign things for him
Old 6 Aug 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4121970)   #193
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend of racing, sadly couldn't go this year as it's a great circuit for spectators.

Chuffed to see Ash get his first win in the Ford, that was a tense race. Good to see Gamble get his first win too.
Old 6 Aug 2022, 18:26 (Ref:4121990)   #194
3marinadrive
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Tell Jake thanks very much for always making time to speak to my boy and sign things for him
That's nice to hear. Will do
Old 7 Aug 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4122082)   #195
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

I recall Jade Edwards appealing for more sponsors but I didn’t see enough of her car to see if she’d added any new logos.
Facebook link

I have put url in url tags ^FIRE

Last edited by FIRE; 13 Aug 2022 at 19:32.