Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Sep 2022, 22:37 (Ref:4125758)   #301
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hell yeah Bubba! Great race overall, a lot of awesome racing all day long.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 00:00 (Ref:4125764)   #302
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice.

Win for the 43 last week, win for Bubba this week. Cool.

Missed it with all the football. I’ll try and find highlights.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4125819)   #303
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
So 43, then 45... so if we follow a numerical pattern then Wrecky Spinhouse next week.

And if that happens I'm getting me a #49 car for the week after
Old 13 Sep 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4125990)   #304
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well I liked Childress's watch gag.

Gonna be interesting to see if this more mature Busch is going to be permanent or if he'll become the angry teenager when things aren't going right.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 01:04 (Ref:4126390)   #305
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This race is carnage. Tyres failing on multiple cars, power steering problems for multiple cars. Not even halfway and it feels like a race of survival.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4126443)   #306
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well happy to see Chris Buescher collect the win, tyre gamble worked.

Can't believe KFB lost another engine - what the heck are Toyota up to? I mean, I can't imagine driver error 2 weeks out of 3 for such an experienced hand.

Still hate this playoff crap, it's garbage. Go back to proper season amassed points like every other form of motor racing I can think of.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 11:57 (Ref:4126487)   #307
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It feels like teams are messing with parts or otherwise trying to out think the car. Action Express helped with development of many of them and testing without problems and it's been generally the same cars over and over with problems and whinging. I understand car builders can't help but tinker but it seems they don't know what they are doing when they do

And Toyota has done something or down the wrong path, something is missing
Old 19 Sep 2022, 19:21 (Ref:4126515)   #308
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, Chevy has hands down been the best so far this year, multiple drivers, multiple teams. Ford has generally been a bit off on the pace. Toyota are just terribly inconsistent, you can see pace, then it all goes to heck or a rubber band snaps. Ho hum!
Old 2 Oct 2022, 21:28 (Ref:4128471)   #309
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Chase!

Thought Jonesy was gonna take the W, Chase got the lead right when it mattered.
Old 5 Oct 2022, 21:21 (Ref:4128818)   #310
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Just read that Alex Bowman's concussion is keeping him out this weekend and Cody Ware's foot injury from Texas is ruling him out too.

So that's 3 Cup regulars crocked due to this car... am I being harsh?
Old 10 Oct 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4129772)   #311
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Just read that Alex Bowman's concussion is keeping him out this weekend and Cody Ware's foot injury from Texas is ruling him out too.

So that's 3 Cup regulars crocked due to this car... am I being harsh?
Nope, there's a clear issue with the new car. Which is a shame, since I really like it and the racing it has produced. But it's obvious NASCAR has made it too much like a tank, much like vintage racing at Indianapolis where the belief was that a strong, sturdy car was the way to go when in reality it meant the driver took the brunt of the energy during crashes.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4129890)   #312
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, glad I'm not alone in my thoughts.

In my opinion it needs to crumple up more to dissipate the energy, that way the drivers body doesn't take so much of a hit.

Rumour is that Noah Gragson is in the #48 for Vegas with the Dinger in the #16.

Get well soon Alex, Kurt and Cody.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 15:30 (Ref:4130390)   #313
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Kurt Busch announced today that he'll miss the rest of the 2022 Cup Series season and will enter semi-retirement in 2023 and only run a partial schedule.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4130399)   #314
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Kurt Busch announced today that he'll miss the rest of the 2022 Cup Series season and will enter semi-retirement in 2023 and only run a partial schedule.
It's a bummer he wasn't allowed to take that decision on his own terms. All due to a hit that looked like nothing - and that's with the SAFER barrier.

I also just read that Bowman will miss at least another three races due to lingering concussion symptoms. Not good.

I sure hope NASCAR is taking a long, hard look at this.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 20:24 (Ref:4130529)   #315
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
They'd never admit it in a million years, but it's quite obvious the NBC crew is reacting more simply because it's Bubba Wallace. Of course the retaliation was a bad idea at those speeds, but I can guarantee you that the NBC crew hadn't put a spotlight on it and the following shove the way they did if it had been two white guys going at it.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 01:43 (Ref:4130547)   #316
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
They'd never admit it in a million years, but it's quite obvious the NBC crew is reacting more simply because it's Bubba Wallace. Of course the retaliation was a bad idea at those speeds, but I can guarantee you that the NBC crew hadn't put a spotlight on it and the following shove the way they did if it had been two white guys going at it.
The actual on track incident was pretty egregious on Bubba's part; one of the most egregious I've seen in sometime, IMHO. Bubba is twice the size of Larson and I'm not sure I've seen an ontrack confrontation like that in sometime and one that was so one sided as that, so I'm not sure if they should've reacted any differently.
Old 17 Oct 2022, 12:14 (Ref:4130583)   #317
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Yeah, I think you are WAY off there with your assumption

In a real series with actual officials Bubba would be parked if not outright banned for that move. It was pathetic and worthy of sponsor's leaving. Sadly it will probably in fact get him more sponsors for the 87 people who are still watching. NASCAR needs to learn the season is just too damn long and has the same fans as NFL, the ratings show it clearly as does late season attendance
Old 18 Oct 2022, 12:59 (Ref:4130707)   #318
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Only caught up with this race late Monday. I have very few polite words to describe Wallace's actions to me it was worse than when Kyle Busch blew his top at Texas years ago and shoved Ron Hornaday into the wall. I say worse as he took Kyle Larson out at racing speed and wrecked Christopher Bell's race and potentially championship run.

Park him. Fine him. Do it now NASCAR, his skin colour should not be akin to a get out of jail free card.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 12:13 (Ref:4130815)   #319
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Announced last night, Wallace has been suspended from the race at Miami, John Hunter Nemechek will run the car. Guess they didn't believe they "everyone knows you get close and the cars get loose, it was his fault I hit him" statements either.

https://racer.com/2022/10/18/nascar-...-vegas-fracas/
Old 19 Oct 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4130818)   #320
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interestingly enough, Bubba is the first driver since Matt Kennseth dumped Logano at Martinsville to be suspended. Kennseth got two races for a relative low speed incident. Should be more than one race for Bubba, who said something broke on his steering after hitting the wall:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-susp...210731310.html

And no points penalties, that I can see. Wrist slapped.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 12:57 (Ref:4130819)   #321
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I can see the no points taken, his actions alone in the car shouldn't dent the team for this type incident. And points would hurt the team as much as him.

But yeah, I was thinking 3-5 races for the speed involved. He didn't wait and dump him on a cooldown or caution, directly went down the track with intent. even video games don't allow that nonsense but NASCAR finally had to admit that wasn't ok with them
Old 19 Oct 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4130831)   #322
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I can see the no points taken, his actions alone in the car shouldn't dent the team for this type incident. And points would hurt the team as much as him.

But yeah, I was thinking 3-5 races for the speed involved. He didn't wait and dump him on a cooldown or caution, directly went down the track with intent. even video games don't allow that nonsense but NASCAR finally had to admit that wasn't ok with them
Disagree on the points and the team; he's a part of the team and if a punishment is meant to curtail future infractions, banging the team on points could help them 'police themselves' in the future, but I get it.

And let's not forget that this went pretty much unpunished, with Edwards fully admitting to wrecking Keso:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2j7wUSosPw
Old 19 Oct 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4130832)   #323
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, a punishment is good but it is not severe enough in my opinion. Big speed vs the Kenseth/ Logano which was fairly slow turn 1 after a restart. Also add the fact we've got drivers being hurt in this new car: Alex Bowman is out still and sadly Kurt is done other than maybe an odd outing. Larson and even the Imbecile could have taken a concussion from that, lucky nobody did.

NASCAR needs to sort it's standards as much as driver safety in this car. I'm not hopeful of seeing either.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4130833)   #324
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I'm good with the no points deduction, as the suspension itself means Bubba won't earn any points for Homestead, so against the field, it will be similar to a deduction. It also means the cars owners points will continue on with JHN driving, so the crew won't be affected.

A money fine to Bubba on top of the suspension would have been good, however those are often paid by the team (maybe not in this case), so the suspension itself is the most direct punishment.

I feel this is a new standard going forward (you can't compare to prior races/events/years/etc.). Time will tell.
Old 24 Oct 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4131313)   #325
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
For NASCAR fans in the SE, or anyone willing to travel.

HSR's The Mitty at Road Atlanta next spring will celebrate the 75th anniversary of NASCAR. I would expect lots of cars, it's already a fairly well subscribed Cup car field of 20ish newer cars and some retired guys named Awesome Bill and Front Row Joe. They have run an old Buddy Baker car and other older cars but usually for a parade lap. It is in late April and entry list would be expected usually 2-3 weeks ahead.