Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Sep 2022, 12:00 (Ref:4127290)   #51
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
no it is NGTC fragility because all those parts are exposed , not protected by the main body like Super touriers or BTC
I'm not sure I follow your argument here.

Are you saying that the components are fragile, or that the NGTC chassis design leaves them more exposed?

If it is accepted as an issue that needs resolving, then the solutions would be entirely different.

If you mean that the components are fragile, then strengthening them means that the energy present in an impact has to be dissipated elsewhere. The consequences of which could be much worse.

If you mean that the components are exposed by the design, then you need to fundamentally change the concept of the regulations. Yes, the cost of the NGTC build has become higher than planned, but as a set of regulations they work. This is evidenced by the size of grids, the variety of entries and the list of models that have been built to NGTC regulations.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4127291)   #52
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not a technical engineer but it it looks to me like two issues

wheels are not protected by main body, they are outside of it , and the components themselves look fragile too
Old 25 Sep 2022, 12:19 (Ref:4127293)   #53
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
not a technical engineer but it it looks to me like two issues

wheels are not protected by main body, they are outside of it , and the components themselves look fragile too

Solving either (or both) is not simple I feel - and the possible consequences of implementing 'solutions' need to be fully considered.

However - I can accept that for the type of racing you are looking to see, I don't think NGTC is going to fit the bill. I can't see BTCC moving away from the regulations for a while now, and most of the teams seem happy with the overall concept. I know there will be individual frustrations when damage occurs (as seen on the coverage from the pit wall today) - but I'm not aware of anyone in the paddock putting forward a more acceptable alternative.

FWIW - Turkington feels a combination of the driving and the damage are both to blame (which is true, there is never usually a single underlying cause but a combination of factors):

'someone else ruins your chances. I was just getting pushed and pushed from behind. I don’t know who it was. That sent me to the back, and further contact ended my race.'
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:10 (Ref:4127304)   #54
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sam Weller comes across very well, hopefully he can find (afford!) a seat in the BTCC next year. Been a few years since a Mini / Clio champion gets a graduation the following year.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4127305)   #55
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
It was Cook who initially came together with Turkington, though not sure who's fault it was.
No action taken. Cammish reprimanded for contact with Collard, and Gamble for contact with Jackson.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4127306)   #56
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another pole and double win, this time for Butcher. Can't say I'm surprised.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4127308)   #57
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Because I am. Don't have to justify my opinion to anyone.
Chill, man, don't have to be so defensive immediately, I'm not trying to vilify you for saying this, was just interested whether it was something race-related I might've missed or anything.

Anyway, looks like might be a win for Hill, brilliant move on Butcher. Excellent fight between Sutton, Ingram & Morgan. I feel it'll be really really hot end to the race.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4127311)   #58
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Ugh.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:57 (Ref:4127312)   #59
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Chill, man, don't have to be so defensive immediately, I'm not trying to vilify you for saying this, was just interested whether it was something race-related I might've missed or anything.

Anyway, looks like might be a win for Hill, brilliant move on Butcher. Excellent fight between Sutton, Ingram & Morgan. I feel it'll be really really hot end to the race.
Reason I go defensive is because last time I criticised him some snake on here screenshot it and I ended up with his dad messaging me on instagram.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4127313)   #60
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Another pole and double win, this time for Butcher. Can't say I'm surprised.
This post aged well.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4127314)   #61
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Reason I go defensive is because last time I criticised him some snake on here screenshot it and I ended up with his dad messaging me on instagram.
Was definitely not me and would never be me as I'm of the opinion that this is a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinions
Old 25 Sep 2022, 13:59 (Ref:4127315)   #62
porsche962fan
Veteran

Sutton 328
Hill 326
Tingram 317
Turkington 314
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:00 (Ref:4127316)   #63
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This post aged well.
Haha yeah, thought the same.
If someone moans about this being a boring race, I'd suggest watching snooker instead. Exciting racing doesn't have to be about the number of manoeuvres but the intensity of the racing. It was at the top level during this race. Enjoyed it a lot although personally I'd like to see Ash on the podium!
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:01 (Ref:4127317)   #64
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A good drive for Hill and Turkington.

The championship is wide open if Turkington gets a good result in race 3 it will make WSR’s tactics for Brands interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4127318)   #65
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A top 11/12 reversal would set up a great last race.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4127319)   #66
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Haha yeah, thought the same.
I did get confused - I was watching online and there were still 10 laps to go and Hill was leading already.
I thought my stream must have been way behind.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4127320)   #67
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
A top 11/12 reversal would set up a great last race.
Will be interesting - not sure Cook has the pace to win it? Ingram needs to score big.

Hoped Thompson would get a front row, it's been a long time since we had two HARD cars in the top 10! JST looking good.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4127323)   #68
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That behaviour probably says a lot more about the Hills' character than anything posted on here could. Taking things offline, private, or onto a different platform to express views shows a lack of self confidence masked by ego IMO. If they wanted to engage in a constructive manner, you'd hope they would register (if not already done so) and follow the ten-tenths mantra of attacking the post not the poster.

It's an open forum here, and expressing feelings (within reason) is to be expected. Although I think most here have the expectation that if a statement is made in a thread, that the poster would at least be able to back it up with a reason or justification. Not that you have to of course, but it makes it difficult for the post to contribute to a discussion if not able to be expanded upon.

As always - the FAQs help here.
A couple I note:
'If this person is making you so angry, are they really worthy of your attention in the first place? Maybe you're better off just ignoring them!'
'If someone disagrees with your opinion, that doesn't mean that you should take it personally.
So they don't like Driver X, so what? So they hold a poor opinion of your country, so what? Feel free to put them straight - this is a discussion forum, after all'
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:21 (Ref:4127326)   #69
Robshillito1990
Racer

Is there a reason the commentators keep on saying junior drivers will need to stay in karting or maybe move into f4 earlier?

I thought juniors were also moving across to British GT not disappearing altogether?
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4127327)   #70
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
That behaviour probably says a lot more about the Hills' character than anything posted on here could. Taking things offline, private, or onto a different platform to express views shows a lack of self confidence masked by ego IMO.
Agreed... and over an arbitrary forum post. Bit strange!

Odd that Turkington's not the WSR BMW driver with the advantage into the final round!
Old 25 Sep 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4127328)   #71
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
That behaviour probably says a lot more about the Hills' character than anything posted on here could. Taking things offline, private, or onto a different platform to express views shows a lack of self confidence masked by ego IMO. If they wanted to engage in a constructive manner, you'd hope they would register (if not already done so) and follow the ten-tenths mantra of attacking the post not the poster.

It's an open forum here, and expressing feelings (within reason) is to be expected. Although I think most here have the expectation that if a statement is made in a thread, that the poster would at least be able to back it up with a reason or justification. Not that you have to of course, but it makes it difficult for the post to contribute to a discussion if not able to be expanded upon.

As always - the FAQs help here.
A couple I note:
'If this person is making you so angry, are they really worthy of your attention in the first place? Maybe you're better off just ignoring them!'
'If someone disagrees with your opinion, that doesn't mean that you should take it personally.
So they don't like Driver X, so what? So they hold a poor opinion of your country, so what? Feel free to put them straight - this is a discussion forum, after all'
Didn't attack me as such. Just tried to force across the fact they're "normal people". Although didn't like the fact he messaged me and had clearly gone through all my posts to find out my 5 year old sons name to try twist it to get me to take him to thruxton for a "sit in Jakes car". I didn't take him but went with a mate and got shown around where to our faces he was as nice as he had to be but you could tell the agenda behind it. So personally my view on them is completely valid which to some obviously hasn't been clear until now.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4127343)   #72
Robshillito1990
Racer

What a surprise Collard involved yet again get him out the series.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4127344)   #73
porsche962fan
Veteran

Sutton has too much luck
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4127345)   #74
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
What a surprise Collard involved yet again get him out the series.
That one wasn't his fault.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4127346)   #75
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Sutton has too much luck
Convenient for toca how yet again it will go down to probably race 3 at brands. Amazing what fiddling with the boost can do