Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Mar 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1880586)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Super GT, Round 1, Suzuka

Just saw this on Motors, was the opening round from a couple of weeks ago so most likely a repeat. Pretty disappointing last lap for Firman and co-driver - anyone else catch it?
Old 31 Mar 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1880660)   #2
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did. Boring race though.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1884949)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just got round to watching this race. I wasn't expecting much to be honest (I cannot honestly remember the last time I watched a gripping Super GT race).

What rotten luck for Honda, such strong qualifying (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th) and only a 3rd to show for it come race end. First the Takata car went out from second, then the Firman/Ito ARTA NSX car on the last lap. I felt for Ito, he looked dejected.

Was it me or did it seem like Mark Cole was several seconds behind the pictures on screen? How long did it take him to realise the GT300 Toystory MR-S was gonna be caught at the slow pace it was running when it left the pits? Assuming it wasn't a problem which later cleared, why was the driver not on the ball earlier?

Mark couldn't make up his mind whether Loic Duval or Carbone was driving the EPSON NSX. I've lost count of how many times I've heard the Shiden story Mark keeps telling! Yes, its named after a WWII aircraft, you've been saying this every race for how many seasons now?

Bjorn Wirdheim's name came into my mind the other day and I was wondering what happened to him. Now I know where he ended up! Good luck to him.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1885052)   #4
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking from the perspective of someone who reports on SuperGT for a racing website, I can tell you that it's really, really hard work as a Western journo not living in Japan to cover this series.

Mark is probably the most knowledgeable SuperGT journalist in the West, and the fact he's able to fill 90 minutes of coverage with both play-by-play commentary and factoids is impressive. Okay, he often repeats a story, but with the scant English-language information available on the championship, that's not forgiveable. As for confusing who's in what car at what moment, even if he had access to live timing (which he doesn't because Motors voices the race after the fact), we all know how inaccurate that can be in sportscar racing.

I'm just pleased that Motors at least provides the option of watching SuperGT...