Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2706298)   #1
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari 430 GT2 replacement?

Hi guys,

Quick question. I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that this year would be the last year for the 430 GT2, with the 458 Italia coming in to replace it from '11. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?

Thanks.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2706301)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=Ferrari+458

L.P.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2706349)   #3
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hindy was saying it has been delayed possibly until the middle of the 2011 season.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2706355)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And someone in an interview in scrutineering today (was it Krohn or Farnbacher?) said that the car has been built, has not been tested yet, but will be on track in time for Sebring.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2706365)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And someone in an interview in scrutineering today (was it Krohn or Farnbacher?) said that the car has been built, has not been tested yet, but will be on track in time for Sebring.
It was Dominik and he also said he did expect it to be ready for Sebring! And Hindy did not try to correct him.

L.P.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2706377)   #6
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
It was Dominik and he also said he did expect it to be ready for Sebring! And Hindy did not try to correct him.

L.P.
Great! He had said it was delayed during the GT2 preview show.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 06:13 (Ref:2707986)   #7
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I remember right, RLM yesterday reported that the F458 GT2 will debut at Petit Le Mans .
Old 10 Jun 2010, 06:25 (Ref:2707987)   #8
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2-R View Post
If I remember right, RLM yesterday reported that the F458 GT2 will debut at Petit Le Mans .
No, see post #5.
Giuseppe Risi said today (in RLM pit walk interview) that it would most likely be debuted at Sebring! Many, many hours of devel to be done before it is to be ran. He said if there was any doubt about its ability to be comp. or sturdy enough to survive that they would run the 430 at Sebring!

L.P.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2708345)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I tend to agree with the interpretation that the car won't race at all this year, but it is technically possible for Risi to not run the car until Sebring at the earliest and yet still have the car on track this year at PLM. AF Corse is widely believed to be entering the LMIC this year so it would not be impossible for them to bring a development chassis over with their 430(s) if the powers that be at Maranello so desired. I'm not saying it is likely, however.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2708359)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I tend to agree with the interpretation that the car won't race at all this year, but it is technically possible for Risi to not run the car until Sebring at the earliest and yet still have the car on track this year at PLM. AF Corse is widely believed to be entering the LMIC this year so it would not be impossible for them to bring a development chassis over with their 430(s) if the powers that be at Maranello so desired. I'm not saying it is likely, however.

Yes it is possible.
But by the gist of the interview it seemed that he was pretty sure that Petit would be a little early to have the car in competition. One would think that he has a direct line to all aspects of the project and based his response from that. I also do not see Ferrari dropping one into the fire at PLM, season ender and ILMC round, just to get it on the track. But.....

L.P.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2708363)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I concur, it is not their MO. Other than the development parts that made it onto the lead AF Corse car at the end of last year's FIA season, Ferrari has been the most resistant of the manufacturers to race-testing new cars in the year before their 'formal' debut.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2708371)   #12
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I concur, it is not their MO. Other than the development parts that made it onto the lead AF Corse car at the end of last year's FIA season, Ferrari has been the most resistant of the manufacturers to race-testing new cars in the year before their 'formal' debut.
they were not development parts, but a full brand new chassis under new homologation!

but if that lone event is excluded, it has not been their mo, But it would be sweet to see the car at least in pictures this year, 'cause its one seriusly hot car,

I am afraid about the first year of racing for this car, since everything is new

New gearbox(DSG type) Never race tested, totay new back suspension (Multilink), very high pressure DI, I think its like 200 BAR, while Porsche for compaison is 120Bar, I got the figures from memory so dont quote me.

I take comfort in the fact that the road car engine puts out 560+HP, so the race engine should have no problem with 480hp that is class restricted
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2708372)   #13
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the Ferrari 599 GTB worked if they used it instead?
Old 10 Jun 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2708380)   #14
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think its too heavy, as in its a bigger car, and the v12 6.0 is less efficient at 480hp then a v8 4.0l so no they would never use 599 as a gt2 car, maybe for gt1, but since gt1 is gone, 599 will see no races unfortunately.

Oh I got the engine info from Napolis, the Dude that built the p4/5 version of the Enzo, now he is building a competition version of it to race 24 Numbering, and they are using a 430 scuderias v8 instead of enzos, because of the reasons above
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2708393)   #15
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Would the Ferrari 599 GTB worked if they used it instead?

They will not use it!

L.P.