Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4169578)   #3101
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't the Sky Junior one aimed at 10 year olds?
Old 23 Jul 2023, 18:03 (Ref:4169580)   #3102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.

Perhaps a bit too high brow for the average F1 fan.
Old 23 Jul 2023, 22:00 (Ref:4169625)   #3103
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes.

I like that!!
Old 24 Jul 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4169658)   #3104
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes.

Or key board warrior
Old 24 Jul 2023, 13:57 (Ref:4169713)   #3105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Wasn't the Sky Junior one aimed at 10 year olds?
the Sky team seem to have forgotten that 10 year olds do not pay thier bills
Old 24 Jul 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4169720)   #3106
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And yet, kids TV exists.

I'm not sure I see the downside to this really. One of the most complex sports in the world (if not the most complex), made accessible to kids, so we get new fans. How...dare they?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4169722)   #3107
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nico had to shut one of the kids down for calling him 'Brittney'...feel like those kids payed for themselves with that one!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1683181615432753152
Old 24 Jul 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4169748)   #3108
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In which case no children’s programs should ever be produced!
Their parents do pay for it and in the future they will, if we are to consider this only from a commercial aspect.

And we moan that kids think the world revolves around them! I don’t have a problem with things in this world being produced for other people. Especially children.

My gripe with sports broadcasting is that not enough thought is given to kids watching. For instance a lot of sport is on in the evening and in the week. Especially here where they are trying to cover several time zones. How are the kids meant to get into the sport and enjoy it when it is past their bed time.

This surely is a good thing that they are trying to reach out to them? .
Old 24 Jul 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4169750)   #3109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Nico had to shut one of the kids down for calling him 'Brittney'...feel like those kids payed for themselves with that one!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1683181615432753152

And perfectly handled. A lesson there.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4170250)   #3110
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
F1TV has blocked the use of VPNs for watching. I guess it's back to...not paying them at all?
Old 29 Jul 2023, 06:44 (Ref:4170343)   #3111
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You cannot blame them, but in reality this is a problem caused by Liberty and their agreement with SKY, I am sure far more people would prefer to pay for F1tv, and therefore ONLY pay for the sport they want, rather than also bolstering SKY's vast coffers to pay for all sorts of other sport too.

I don't get why anyone would pay to watch this sport, you can watch it easily for free, but I do understand why this is happening. But, you do have several choices, you might not like them, but you do.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 08:33 (Ref:4170355)   #3112
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'd pay Sky the same amount I paid F1TV for F1 only for sure. But with the way things cost at the moment, I can't justify over £30 a month for F1, just because they bundle football with it.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4170356)   #3113
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I'd pay Sky the same amount I paid F1TV for F1 only for sure. But with the way things cost at the moment, I can't justify over £30 a month for F1, just because they bundle football with it.
Look at NOW, it can be cheaper. And/or selective.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 08:52 (Ref:4170357)   #3114
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Now is £35 a month.

For context, F1TV is a better service and £60 a year.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 08:52 (Ref:4170358)   #3115
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You don’t need to take the football, you can get a single sports channel package, but they don’t advertise it, as they want punters to take the full sports package
Old 29 Jul 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4170360)   #3116
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
But don’t you need a basic sky subscription for that, to add on the sport? I think you’re right, this is deliberately confusing.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 09:36 (Ref:4170365)   #3117
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Now is £35 a month.

For context, F1TV is a better service and £60 a year.
I pay £20 per month for the whole of Sky Sports for my household. They always offer deals.

I think watching a lot of football and F1/F2/F3 on the weekends I’m at home makes it decent value.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4170400)   #3118
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But don’t you need a basic sky subscription for that, to add on the sport? I think you’re right, this is deliberately confusing.
Yes but my comment was based on your comment about F1 being bundled with football.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4170513)   #3119
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
OK, I'm being lazy here, I should maybe do my own research directly, but researching indirectly, can someone tell me what it would cost a non-Sky subscriber to get justb the F1 coverage?
Old 30 Jul 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4170514)   #3120
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK, I'm being lazy here, I should maybe do my own research directly, but researching indirectly, can someone tell me what it would cost a non-Sky subscriber to get justb the F1 coverage?
Starting out with no existing Sky Subscription (existing subscribers are placed in 'tiers'):

Option A
Sky Q (mandatory base package) - £26 per month on an 18-month contract, or £29 per month on a rolling contract.
Add Sky F1 - £15 per month.
Cheapest total (18-month contract) - £41 per month.

Option B
NOW TV Sports subscription - £34.99 per month.

Option C
NOW TV Sports day membership - £12 per day. (If you only get race day membership, you will miss Qualy / Sprint etc).

Option D
TalkTalk Now Sports - £20 per month, on top of a £5 per month TV subscription - £25 per month.

The caveat with Options B,C and D is that you need a broadband line subscription too. Sky Q is available without an internet connection.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4170544)   #3121
peebee2
Veteran

There’s also a NOW week deal and their whole F1 season (& Sky Sports) for £200 deal.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 10:35 (Ref:4170557)   #3122
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
There’s also a NOW week deal and their whole F1 season (& Sky Sports) for £200 deal.
Their website is currently only listing Day and Monthly options: https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase
Old 30 Jul 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4170558)   #3123
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I pay £20 per month for the whole of Sky Sports for my household. They always offer deals.

I think watching a lot of football and F1/F2/F3 on the weekends I’m at home makes it decent value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Starting out with no existing Sky Subscription (existing subscribers are placed in 'tiers'):

Option A
Sky Q (mandatory base package) - £26 per month on an 18-month contract, or £29 per month on a rolling contract.
Add Sky F1 - £15 per month.
Cheapest total (18-month contract) - £41 per month.

Option B
NOW TV Sports subscription - £34.99 per month.

Option C
NOW TV Sports day membership - £12 per day. (If you only get race day membership, you will miss Qualy / Sprint etc).

Option D
TalkTalk Now Sports - £20 per month, on top of a £5 per month TV subscription - £25 per month.

The caveat with Options B,C and D is that you need a broadband line subscription too. Sky Q is available without an internet connection.
Great posts, thanks!
Old 30 Jul 2023, 10:43 (Ref:4170559)   #3124
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Their website is currently only listing Day and Monthly options: https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase
Maybe they dropped the week pass. The season deal tends to only be promoted around the start of the season.

In my experience if you subscribe monthly, then go to cancel, they will ALWAYS offer you a deal to stay.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4170561)   #3125
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Maybe they dropped the week pass. The season deal tends to only be promoted around the start of the season.

In my experience if you subscribe monthly, then go to cancel, they will ALWAYS offer you a deal to stay.
Yes, that usually seems the case.

Tags
pinks