Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jan 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4031357)   #276
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no doubt ambiguity would have been written into the rules just for these occasions!

and just an assumption on my part, but Ferrari would not be doing this unless there were benefits and for there to be benefits there must be, i would have to think, enough 'similarities' to make it worth their time. rather is there something special about this year, like a culmination of a development cycle set to end this year, that makes this a beneficial exercise?

to my recollection they dont do this every year or at least not with their current drivers. just from an operational standpoint, this must be huge for Sainz getting up to speed with a new team.

presumably the reason other teams are not doing this would be costs vs the benefits but given the new financial rules, i am also curious to know how this test affects their budget cap for the year?

its the off season and im looking for controversy maybe (well definitely)...but i feel like there is a more interesting story here.

seeing another Schumacher getting to turn in extra laps at Fiorano is pretty cool though!
Old 26 Jan 2021, 22:04 (Ref:4031378)   #277
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
no doubt ambiguity would have been written into the rules just for these occasions!

and just an assumption on my part, but Ferrari would not be doing this unless there were benefits and for there to be benefits there must be, i would have to think, enough 'similarities' to make it worth their time. rather is there something special about this year, like a culmination of a development cycle set to end this year, that makes this a beneficial exercise?

to my recollection they dont do this every year or at least not with their current drivers. just from an operational standpoint, this must be huge for Sainz getting up to speed with a new team.

presumably the reason other teams are not doing this would be costs vs the benefits but given the new financial rules, i am also curious to know how this test affects their budget cap for the year?

its the off season and im looking for controversy maybe (well definitely)...but i feel like there is a more interesting story here.

seeing another Schumacher getting to turn in extra laps at Fiorano is pretty cool though!
What the FDA “members” pay for includes testing a Ferrari F1 car.

Therefore every year or two they need to wheel an old car out of the factory and run it on their little figure-of-eight circuit for a few days on the wooden exhibition tyres.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4031381)   #278
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
using young drivers sure but using their current drivers?

of course haven't done any sort of search for an old article so maybe they actually do this every year.

i guess Alonso did a bit of this last year with a 2018 renault...which then makes Ferrari taking out a 2018 car in 2021 less sensational of a story then i was hoping for.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4031382)   #279
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...-revealed/amp/

https://scuderiafans.com/ferraris-charles-leclerc-to-become-the-first-driver-to-test-in-2020/
Old 3 Feb 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4033239)   #280
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Australian Open is descending into a right old mess.....
Old 3 Feb 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4033255)   #281
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grosjean's off to IndyCar - didn't see that coming!
Old 3 Feb 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4033257)   #282
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Grosjean's off to IndyCar - didn't see that coming!
Based on his form, neither did he.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4033271)   #283
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But only the road and street tracks not the ovals

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 3 Feb 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4033275)   #284
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racer.com had this article last month about Grosjean likely to go to IndyCar.

https://racer.com/2021/01/14/grosjea...-indycar-seat/
Old 8 Feb 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4034036)   #285
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Mazepin has to compete under a neutral flag for 2021. This is all tied up with the Russian Anti-doping controversy that started a couple of years ago. It seems strange that he is not allowed to race under a Russian flag, whilst F1 happily continues to turn up every year to race in Russia.

That leaves the question of what piece of music they would play on the podium if he somehow wins a race. Of course, given Haas recent performance, that question is one that is very unlikely to need an answer.

I wonder what flag they are going to give him in all the graphics. A nice rainbow one perhaps?
Old 8 Feb 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4034094)   #286
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis finally signs with Mercedes.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...paign=widget-1
Old 8 Feb 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4034095)   #287
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ahem: https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=305
Old 8 Feb 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4034103)   #288
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Another Sir Lewis thread. It's getting had to keep up,
Old 8 Feb 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4034112)   #289
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Another Sir Lewis thread. It's getting had to keep up,
Except this is the 2021 thread.😉
Old 8 Feb 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4034113)   #290
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Except this is the 2021 thread.😉

The link you posted was for that other Sir Lewis thread, hence my comment.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4034119)   #291
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm, there is only one Sir Lewis thread.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4034125)   #292
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Hmm, there is only one Sir Lewis thread.

There's this one
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155835

and this one.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155585
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4034127)   #293
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis got Knighted?
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:55 (Ref:4034128)   #294
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Neither of which are this one. 😀
Old 8 Feb 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4034130)   #295
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Neither of which are this one. 😀

Obviously.
Old 8 Feb 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4034133)   #296
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
it is 2021 though right?
Old 8 Feb 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4034135)   #297
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it is 2021 though right?
Don't you start!
Old 8 Feb 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4034136)   #298
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, with all of these threads (apparently) attributed to him, does this prove conclusively that he is the Greatest (Sir Lewis) Of All Time?
Old 8 Feb 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4034137)   #299
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think any drivers have had their greatness judged by how many threads they have
Old 8 Feb 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4034140)   #300
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Based on recent experience, Sir Lewis does wear some interesting threads.