Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jan 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4027236)   #101
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Seems that time might at last be up for Cyril Fullofshit.

Family connections can’t stop the questions about how and why they have no customers, even when there are teams who have no engine deals past this year.

Likely a sideways move into road cars where there’s less to **** up?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4027271)   #102
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
no doubt some will have let their guard down.

there is an interesting dynamic here between a team/management and their driver. if Nando's season is compromised and the lack of equally talented/developed talent to replace him, the effect on the team could easily run into the many of millions category.

in these times, how much control can a team exert over their drivers? is covid enough of a reason to suspend an employees 'right/obligations' during their time off. are we becoming a society that blames people for getting sick?

my mind is going there because i currently have more then a few client's worried about what their employees did over the holidays. for me its been a weird start to the new year because i have spent the last 2 days at work preparing termination papers for people.

Heads of State have caught it, Every nation in the World has it , does anybody KNOW how Hamilton and Norris caught it ? Thought not .........:
Old 6 Jan 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4027276)   #103
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Heads of State have caught it...
You're saying it, like politicians are all necessarily smarter and less careless than racing drivers.

We had a covidiot mayor of a major city who fought hard against the nationwide lockdown last spring, nevertheless he was recently re-elected, except he caught COVID19 during the campaign. He was taken to some VIP clinic in Germany, where he died shortly after the election results had been announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I always thought his name sounded like "a bit bull..."
Old 6 Jan 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4027282)   #104
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Calling names. How mature of you ...

Can't we just stop doing that?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4027304)   #105
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Calling names. How mature of you ...

Can't we just stop doing that?
Sorry, of course I meant Cyril Abitofbull. Sorry again.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 22:27 (Ref:4027307)   #106
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It's never felt to me that Cyril "A bit of bull" has really had that hard-nosed, uncompromising approach that is the marker of successful F1 team leaders - only seemed a question of when he left, rather than whether he would leave.

I thought that "Drive to Survive" might have been a bit harsh on him, using his many radio calls and personal instructions to team members just before races that they "remember to ave fun" but maybe that is really what he's like. Just appears to be a bit out of his depth and not that confident with it but that might also be his natural demeanour.

The team is in the middle of a pretty serious midfield scrap that has run for a couple of seasons now and a serious, hard-nosed racing person is needed to deal with the "now" but to also work out the future and the best way to break clear of that midfield arm-wrestle and I can't see that being Cyril - he just doesn't seem to have that in him, although to be fair to him, the team has definitely moved forward under his watch.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:04 (Ref:4027311)   #107
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry, of course I meant Cyril Abitofbull. Sorry again.
Still immature.

I really wonder why we seem to have to hit new lows on this forum.
I don't understand, sorry.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:07 (Ref:4027312)   #108
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Still immature.

I guess you aren’t a big fan of English TV comedy...
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4027313)   #109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Time to move on from it now...
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4027314)   #110
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I guess you aren’t a big fan of English TV comedy...
I am not a fan of stupid name calling.

As for English comedy, that depends.
Since you talk about TV, first question would be: am i able to watch it or is it paywalled ?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:16 (Ref:4027315)   #111
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I will, but can't we just stop doing that?

And that's not directed to this particular user, but to "us"
I feel there has been a lot of name calling the last few months/years and I find that very disrespectful.

I see no good reason to do that, do you?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:18 (Ref:4027316)   #112
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Still immature.

Hmmm - personally I've always referred to Cyril that way (but not sure if I've done it on this forum) and that name for him is pretty much universal amongst all the racing people that I know. Such banter is common within the racing world, as are nicknames of one kind or another.

Certainly not "new" on this forum - I've seen Cyril referred to as "abitofbull" for a very long time on here.

Understand if it's not "you" but in reality, it's pretty harmless.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 23:20 (Ref:4027317)   #113
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sorry, posted before I saw this one. Yep - moving on as we I type
Old 7 Jan 2021, 03:30 (Ref:4027334)   #114
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Still immature.

One positive is we don't have people calling him "buttass" anymore
Old 7 Jan 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4027352)   #115
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
One positive is we don't have people calling him "buttass" anymore
All in the name of political correctness and snowflake sensitivities.
Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4027409)   #116
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 7 Jan 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4027445)   #117
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think calling people names immediately discredits the rest of the post. far worse than not using capitals

anyway. the french chap. ricciardo seemed to have figured out how to manage him...
Old 7 Jan 2021, 16:55 (Ref:4027463)   #118
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
anyway. the french chap. ricciardo seemed to have figured out how to manage him...
By leaving for another team?
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4027468)   #119
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i was thinking more of the way he was using the tattoo thing to have one over him in the press, but yeah, that works too...
Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:52 (Ref:4027486)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
F1 would be duller without the Honey Badger that’s for sure
Old 7 Jan 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4027542)   #121
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lawrence Stroll says Australian Grand Prix to be delayed to the end of the 2021 season due to Covid.

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/13041...mpression=true
Old 7 Jan 2021, 23:29 (Ref:4027544)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If that’s true, it’s good that it will still go ahead. Be a massive shame if the GP down under was cancelled two years running
Old 7 Jan 2021, 23:52 (Ref:4027547)   #123
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I hear Antarctica is Covid free.

How about an Antarctic GP? Really sort out the tough ones.
They could use softest tyres.. maybe wets. no overheating issues for merc.
You thought Turkey was slippy....
Old 8 Jan 2021, 01:20 (Ref:4027559)   #124
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I hear Antarctica is Covid free.

How about an Antarctic GP? Really sort out the tough ones.
They could use softest tyres.. maybe wets. no overheating issues for merc.
You thought Turkey was slippy....

Although unfortunately it reminded me of this article just before Christmas https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55410065
Old 8 Jan 2021, 01:50 (Ref:4027562)   #125
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If that’s true, it’s good that it will still go ahead. Be a massive shame if the GP down under was cancelled two years running
I doubt you would find many here in Oz who would put money on it happening. Wishful thinking keeps the spirits up I guess but in this case it is more like dreamland stuff. A lot of us were saying in the last few months of 2020 that it would not happen but those outside Oz were not convinced that we knew what we were talking about. I doubt anyone in the Northern hemisphere understands to what degree the governments of both NZ & Oz are prepared to go to in their attempts to control this virus and how quickly they react. Overnight new restrictions have been applied to Brisbane in reaction to one new case, they simply locked down Brisbane, end of story and get over it.